BTTF Memorabilia

Back to the Future is a pretty big series with quite some merchandise made for its fanbase. This thread is here for two reasons.

I'd like to see what you've purchased in relation to BTTF. Mostly things outside of t-shirts.
Do you think Telltale should at least invest in Feelies like the case files for Sam & Max?

I was blessed with living in Florida, not a three hour drive away from Orlando. I rode the ride before it closed and I got a die-cast very highly detailed DeLorean Time Machine, circa Part 2, from the gift shop. Complete with Mister Fusion, the gull-wing doors, the time circuits, the flux capacitor, the hover converters, the regular wheels AND the windshield wipers.

That's all there is for me, though.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I've got 3 1:24 scale model replicas of the Delorean from each of the three films.

And a 1:18 scale model replica of the Delorean from the first film that was put out by Diamond Select with sounds and lights. I'm in Australia though so these things are very hard to come by - yet I picked them all up this year (probably due to the 25th year anniversary)

I know the ride has shut down, but do they still sell any memorabilia in the Universal Studios in Hollywood??

Would be keen to stock up as I'm travelling to the US at the end of the year??
  • edited September 2010
    Sadly, I only have three pieces of BTTF memorabilia, all purchased at Universal Orlando back in 2005. A "Where we're going we don't need roads" T-shirt, the first movie soundtrack (two of the orchestral pieces, but mostly the songs), and the Trilogy Score soundtrack (orchestral pieces from all three movies and The Ride).

Oh, and I bought my brother the novelization of Part II at a used book store once.

I really should own more merchandise of my favorite movie trilogy. I'm a bad geek.
  • edited September 2010
    I have an order out there for a BTTF 2 Marty Jr. hat...but it's currently on backorder so I don't know when it'll get here.
  • edited September 2010
    I have WAY too much to list. I literally have a 4 foot tall box in my attic filled with BttF memorabilia I collected when I was a little kid. I've got stand-up billboards from theaters, the 5'x5' square black and white photo from BttF1 that used to be in Suncoast Video before they sold it, die-casts of all 3 versions of the car, 2 versions of Marty's hat from 2015, remote control cars, all the McDonalds toys from the animated series, a DeLorean hat from the BttF Ride in Universal, and a ton of other stuff that I don't even remember.
  • edited September 2010
    Oh, I also have a movie poster for the first flick, but it's pretty torn up.
  • edited September 2010
    Hmm, let me see:
    - Part 1+2+3+railroad version 1:43 SkyNet models (despite the size, these have by far the best detail of any model ever made)
    - Part 2 1:18 Sunstar (steel body with hover conversion and opening doors)
    - Part 3 1:24 Aoshima (build it yourself)
    - Part 3 motorised racer
    - 2 x pairs of Part 2 Pizza Hut sunglasses
    - OUTATIME Universal Studios licence plate
    - Part 2 Universal Studios keyring (flying Delorean in front of clock)
    - The Ride 3D viewer
    - Part 2 poster (flying Delorean in space)
    - Part 3 poster (clean/no text)
    - R4 Aus 3xDVD set, initial release digipak
    - R4 Aus DVD, replacement Part 2+3 discs for framing error
    - R4 Aus DVD, replacement Part 3 for brightness error
    - R4 Aus 4xDVD set, re-release in new digipak and steel tin
    - R1 Can 3xDVD set
    - R1 Can DVD, replacement Part2+3 discs for framing error
    - Every issue of the Harvey comic book, including alternate first issue cover and multiple copies of several issues.
    - Official book of the trilogy
    - "Where we're going we don't need roads" t-shirt
    - Part 3 promo badge

I think that's about it.
    I'd love to add a Flux Capacitor if I can get my hands on one!
  • edited September 2010
    Some old pics from my earlier shelf setup, I got a bigger custom shelf setup made recently.

Minimates from DST, 20th Anniversary Japanese DVD set at the back (bought it only for the official Outatime license plate and replica of Doc's 1885 letters)

bttfminimates_small.jpg

almanac_minimate.jpg

Below the minimates are the 1:43 Aoshima/Skynet DeLorean models. They were made in Japan and though the size is small, the quality of details on these models are far better than the bigger Sunstar and DST models.

shelf1_2.jpg

1:24 models made by Welly

shelf3.jpg

bttf1poster.jpg

fullshelf.jpg

One of my favourite BTTF items

bttf2_walkie_talkie.jpg

After wishing it for 10 years, last year I finally got a chance to buy the BTTF Trilogy Prop book also known as the Hollywood SFX Museum: Back to the Future Exhibition

BTTF_SFX.jpg
  • edited September 2010
    I have no BTTF memorabilia. But I did make Marty out of LEGO once, and started building a LEGO delorean a few weeks back.
  • edited September 2010
    Vivek...you are my new hero.
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks :), I am quite happy to have been able to acquire a small collection. Compared to the some of the awesome BTTF collections I have seen through the years on the BTTF.com forum, I am a small fish in the ocean of BTTF collectors.
  • edited September 2010
    Very well done Vivek!
    How does the Japanese DVD licence plate compare to the recent Diamond one?

And yes, the 1:43 Skynet models are the best. The one probelm with almost every model is the lack of detail, especially with the wires that run over the front wheels and under the door, they almost always tend to be thick black blobs. The 1:18 Sunstar sounded promising when it was first announced, but turned out to be quite disappointing.

Just out of curiousity, was there ever a model of any kind released (apart from the animated series McDonalds toy) of the train time machine?
  • edited September 2010
    BrendanK wrote: »
    How does the Japanese DVD licence plate compare to the recent Diamond one?
    No contest, the Japanese plate is the clear winner. DST couldn't even get the Outatime font right, including wrong font and placement for the words The Golden State. Except for the Universal marking on bottom right, the Japanese plate is very much screen accurate. If you want to buy an Outatime plate go with the ones offered on eBay, which are much better. I wouldn't promote non-official replicas, unless the official ones lack research while putting out their products. Of course someone just looking for a plate that kinda resembles the movie plate could be quite satisfied with the DST plate.

Plate that came with the DVD set.

bttf_outatime_license_plate1.jpg

bttf_outatime_license_plate2.jpg

I also like the packaging that was done for this DVD set.

bttf_japanese_dvd.jpg

And the 1885 Letters

bttf_doc1885_letters.jpg
    The one probelm with almost every model is the lack of detail, especially with the wires that run over the front wheels and under the door, they almost always tend to be thick black blobs. The 1:18 Sunstar sounded promising when it was first announced, but turned out to be quite disappointing.
    Very true, besides those wires they couldn't even get the 3 red capacitors correct on the side. Some Sunstar models had 3 or 2 grey ones instead. Finally for the 4th railroad version they fixed it by adding the 3rd one and made them all red as they were supposed to be. But they still left out the wiring over the rear wheel, instead of going behind the red capacitors. DST repeated that exact same mistake with wiring, I wrote several emails to them and they even told that the early pics were all prototypes, but alas they didn't change anything. Though it is not die-cast and made of plastic, it's still pretty good value for money along with sound effects when compared to Sunstar models. But I still chose not to buy them.

Screen DeLorean and DST DeLorean
    Delorean2_sideview_comparison.jpg

Sunstar DeLorean

Sunstar_part2_DeLorean_wiring.jpg
    Just out of curiousity, was there ever a model of any kind released (apart from the animated series McDonalds toy) of the train time machine?
    http://www.starshipmodeler.org/gallery8/rc_train.htm
    No official release yet, but Randy Cooper made a beautiful custom model of the Time Train.

rc_train_95.jpg

rc_train_98.jpg

rc_train_02.jpg

rc_train_93.jpg

rc_train_94.jpg

rc_train_96.jpg
  • edited September 2010
    If I can get the Pictures up, I have a Christopher Llyod Autographed DVD.
  • edited September 2010
    I had Greys Sports Almanac and Ooh La La in my hand, was going to pay 700 bucks for them both, persuaded it was a waste of money and not to do so, they later went to auction and sold for 15,000 bucks
  • edited October 2010
    I don't even own the films on video, much to my own shame.
  • edited October 2010
    I have the Sun Star BTTF2 model, the DVD box set, a couple of the videos from the Animated Series, some of the comics, a few of the McDonalds Happy Meal toys and another model somewhere in storage (have moved around a heap so not sure where it is). :( Definitely want to buy more though and will be getting anything Telltale releases.
  • edited November 2010
    How cool would a model of the time train be? one that was in HO scale and you could run it on a train layout?! Or maybe a play set of the movie locomotive 4-6-0 No. 131 and the railroad delorean so you could push the delorean? it even comes with track and the unfinished bridge. Maybe something similar will be made along side all the new toys coming out??? I don't know about you guys but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I've wanted something similar for so long I actually built my own train and delorean for my train layout.

Race_to_the_Present_by_dafanimationstudios.jpg

My_prized_possession_by_dafanimationstudios.jpg

A_close_up_pic_of_the_delorean_by_dafanimationstudios.jpg

100_0322.jpg

Snow_on_the_main_line_by_dafanimationstudios.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    Cool thread.
  • edited November 2010
    I have a nice set of replica Nike MAG shoes. =)
  • edited November 2010
    I got my Marty McFly Jr. hat in about a week ago, it's actually really authentic looking, I'm really pleased with it.
  • edited November 2010
    Hey guys, I'm a long time lurker and Telltale/Lucasarts fan who's been brought out of the woodwork by the BTTF game. I just got the BTTF Blu-ray Collectors Edition and I just thought I'd give a few photos of everything that's included. I think this edition was UK only, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Either way, it's like an instant memorabilia stash in a tin, and I think it's well worth the £40 or so I spent on it.

First image shows the shiny tin and the actual disc package along with my prized cinema ticket for the re-release (which was awesome - enjoyed every single minute).

The second image shows the front pages from 3 of the famous newspapers, unfortunately not on proper "newspaper paper". The holographic photo of Marty's family which shows them disappearing one by one is cool, although the Sports Almanac is only a small size stapled booklet with about 6 pages of statistics inside. The license plate too is pretty small, which was a bit of a disappointment.

The third image shows some nice quality postcards of various Delorean and hoverboard concepts, while the fourth image shows one of my favourite things included, the Delorean schematic diagram.

Finally, there are two double-sided posters. The one shown of Marty in sunglasses has the Delorean with flame trails on the back. The other one shows both film posters for BTTF 1 - the original and the new re-release.
  • edited November 2010
    ^
    I live in the Netherlands and I ordered the UK edition too with the tin case.
    Here in The Netherlands it came out with a minitiature size DeLorean but not tin casing.
    This edition would've been released in the UK too but as it turns out Universal Pictures deemed the quality of the DeLorean as sub-standard and cancelled the release.

Great content.
  • edited November 2010
    I think I recall seeing a version of this edition on Amazon that came with a miniature Delorean as well, though I could be wrong. I do remember it being sold for something like £75/$40US which was alas, too much for me to afford.

I'll have to get hold of one of the Sun Star models at some point, they look so good in 1:18 scale!
  • edited November 2010
    ^
    Everyone recommends getting any other model instead of the one that comes with the blu-ray collection.

I got myself the Diamond Entertainment model. It's huge 1:15 and has some nice extras.
    The only downside is that it doesn't have the DMC in front of it because of copyright issues.
  • edited November 2010
    http://conta.cc/fEI3dI
    Save 25% off everything BTTF.com's BACK FRIDAY 1-Day Sale!
    In celebration of the 25th Anniversary of Back to the Future™, BTTF.com's Time Travel Terminal will be offering a 25% savings off EVERYTHING in the store for 24-hours only! Beginning November 26, 2010 at 12:00 AM until 11:59 PM Central Time Zone, you can save on everything we offer, including pre-orders for products not even available yet!
  • edited November 2010
    When I was a kid we went to Universal in Orlando and I remember getting a bunch of stuff. Among them was a Hill Valley Highschool class ring and a DeLorean model I seem to remember. Also when Part 3 came out in cinemas, here in the UK there was a promotion with 'skips' (potato chips) and I got a bath towel and baseball cap.

I'll have to see if I've still got them lying around somewhere, I'm sure I must have amassed enough BTTF stuff over the years to amount to a collection of sorts.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.