when will the bttf game be released in the uk?

hello just wanted to know when the game is being released in the uk and what consoles will it be on ?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    'Winter 2010' on 'all major platforms'.

Please, would someone sticky the FAQ.
  • edited September 2010
    what do you mean sticky the FAQ ? has this actually been confermed by telltale games that it will be released in the uk in winter 2010?
  • edited September 2010
    They release it for the US in the "winter 2010", since, it will only be the first chapter, it won't be in a "box", you'll have to download it.

So they don't really care about UK, you'll take the US version, which is the same.
  • edited September 2010
    hello just wanted to know when the game is being released in the uk and what consoles will it be on ?

At first the games will be downloadable in monthly segments (presumably five in total, although I'm not sure if that's a confirmed amount) from Telltale's site for the PC and Mac. This means that anyone, no matter where they live, will be able to download it at the same time. According to Bob Gale, Telltale are aiming for "end of October, beginning of November" to release episode one.

There are rumours that the game will also be coming to Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Wii, although again Telltale have not announced anything on this. If they do come to these platforms as downloadable titles, they will probably not be simultaneously released in the US and UK due to the different ways the regional stores work on the systems - although it'll likely to be a few days gap on average, so nothing major.

As for an physical copy, Telltale provide a disc copy with all the episodes on at the end of the run for the price of shipping (around $6-7 to the UK, I think). Not all of Telltale's games end up in actual retail stores, but if Back to the Future does it'd probably take a while before you'll be seeing it on the high street.
  • edited September 2010
    Strayth wrote: »
    They release it for the US in the "winter 2010", since, it will only be the first chapter, it won't be in a "box", you'll have to download it.

So they don't really care about UK, you'll take the US version, which is the same.

Actually, the joy of downloading episodes every month is that you can download it on day of release in any country you please.

If you get the entire season (all 5 episodes) then you also get a FREE DVD of the game with extras when all 5 episodes have been released. You only pay for shipping of the disc.
  • edited September 2010
    I meant that Back to the future is a major worldwide licence, and since most europeans countried do not speak english, they'll probably wait for the game to be translated in their own language. While the UK can just use the US version, since it's the same.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited September 2010
    'Winter 2010' on 'all major platforms'.

Please, would someone sticky the FAQ.
    jp-30 wrote: »
    To be honest my brain doesn't notice stickied threads after a few days.

Much more attention if a thread rises and falls with activity, than it just being pinned.

...it's a problem if the mods don't believe in the system. :D
  • edited September 2010
    it just makes it more complicated having to download the game , why cant they just release it on xbox 360 and playstation 3 and pc , i would rather be playing it on a games console with a proper hand controller and on a big tv screen
  • edited September 2010
    It doesn't make it complicated. You buy the game, you go to the "your games" menu, the little joystick in the corner, you pick your game, download the .exe file and install it. Then you play. There is no more to it. And if you order the complete season of Telltales site, you get a CD for the cost of shipping.

I don't know about Xbox and Playstation, but you probably have to pay for each episode. And you get no hardcopy. Or at least you need to wait until, i dunno, probably about next june-july, give or take a month, for a hardcopy version to come out.
  • edited September 2010
    what do you mean sticky the FAQ ? has this actually been confermed by telltale games that it will be released in the uk in winter 2010?

not sure as i believe these are all rumors..
  • edited September 2010
    it just makes it more complicated having to download the game , why cant they just release it on xbox 360 and playstation 3 and pc , i would rather be playing it on a games console with a proper hand controller and on a big tv screen

It's highly likely you will be able to play on Xbox (via xbox live) or Playstation3 (via whatever it is Sony call their PS3 download service) using your console controller of choice on your big TV screen not long after the PC/Mac release.

Once all the episodes are out, it's likely that they will be bundled onto disc and sold in shops.

I also believe Telltale are aiming for release of the first episode on PC/Mac soon after the 25th Anniversary movie re-release which is around October 26, but this has been hinted at rather than confirmed.
  • edited September 2010
    Lord-z wrote: »
    I don't know about Xbox and Playstation, but you probably have to pay for each episode. And you get no hardcopy. Or at least you need to wait until, i dunno, probably about next june-july, give or take a month, for a hardcopy version to come out.

You have to pay for each episode on XBLA, but not on PSN. You could order the whole Devil's Playhouse there, but had to buy individual episodes of Wallace & Gromit on XBLA. Plus you had to wait longer too. Sam & Max were in bundles, however they came out ages after the seasons finished.
  • edited September 2010
    So, is it confirmed that it will be for the Mac platform as well as PC? I read the press release on the BttF page and only saw a general "TT develops for these platforms statement" at the end. (I could have missed it though – small, small print.)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.