International versions of Bone

edited September 2009 in Bone
Some time ago (in adventure-eu forums) i read that Bone will be translated in several languages like french, german, italian and spanish, i think. Is there any news? I would love to play the first chapter of Bone in my language (french :) ).

When will be avaible?

See you in Boneville, folks!

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2006
    Hello! Sorry your question has gone unanswered for so long... but now we can finally answer it!

As we reported in our newsletter earlier this week, a localized version of Out from Boneville will be available very soon. It will have subtitles in German, Spanish, and French. Anyone who already bought Out from Boneville can upgrade to the localized version for free.

We'll have more information about this up on our website when the localizations are ready. Shouldn't be too much longer, now.
  • edited June 2006
    Hello!
    i read that there will not be a localized version in Italian. I would really like to play this wonderful games with Italian dialogs too, but at least subtitles! I really hope you'll think about that for all your italian fans (we're not so few).
    i wish you a good work
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2006
    Welcome to the forum, Matteo. :)

We're still working out the best way to localize our games. If there's enough demand, it's possible we could do an Italian version sometime in the future.
  • edited September 2009
    Somebody know if Bone subtitles are avalaible in French?
  • edited September 2009
    roucou wrote: »
    Somebody know if Bone subtitles are avalaible in French?

Read the second post of this thread again.
  • edited September 2009
    I already bought Out from Boneville. Where can I upgrade to the localized version for free? Or, can I REALLY upgrade to the localized version for free?
    Because Emily's post is quite old, and she said that "a localized version WILL BE available", but I didn't read anywhere that the localized version IS available.
  • edited September 2009
    I already bought Out from Boneville. Where can I upgrade to the localized version for free? Or, can I REALLY upgrade to the localized version for free?
    Because Emily's post is quite old, and she said that "a localized version WILL BE available", but I didn't read anywhere that the localized version IS available.

Yes, that's for this reason that I ask again the question....
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2009
    Hey guys, to answer first question after the bump: I believe the Bone games received EFIGS localization for retail releases in Europe. On our site, though, the games are only available in English.
  • edited September 2009
    David E wrote: »
    Hey guys, to answer first question after the bump: I believe the Bone games received EFIGS localization for retail releases in Europe. On our site, though, the games are only available in English.
    As far as I know, there's only German retail release. No French, no Italian, and, that's for sure, no Spanish.
  • edited September 2009
    Here in belgium, the price of the first episod in retail version is 30€. That's no sense! That was the reason why I was praying to be able to have french subtitle with download version from Telltale.
    That's sad they don't support foreign language. Especially when a company have licence such as Monkey Island.
  • edited September 2009
    roucou wrote: »
    Here in belgium, the price of the first episod in retail version is 30€. That's no sense! That was the reason why I was praying to be able to have french subtitle with download version from Telltale.
    That's sad they don't support foreign language. Especially when a company have licence such as Monkey Island.
    Do you know what languages are on these Belgium retail version?
  • edited September 2009
    Do you know what languages are on these Belgium retail version?

French version. Anyway I won't pay 30€ for one episode.
    http://multimedia.fnac.com/multimedia/images_produits/ZoomPE/2/2/6/3760066567622.jpg
  • edited September 2009
    The German version of the "gold edition" (both episodes together) is available on Ebay for less than 8 EUR (new; including shipping costs).
  • edited September 2009
    Ah, great, I always wanted to have it ! :)

I adore the comics ! :) Although I'm still missing the end ... (No spoilers, please !)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.