How will Strong Bad look like?

I think you already talked about it somewhere, but even with the forum search I wasn't able to find it. If the thread exists, please you can redirect me there.
My question is:
Will Strong Bad look like the screenshots, with cell shading (like on it's own game), while the other characters will have "realistic" shadings? I find it quite strange for me, mixing different looks in the same game. I mean, for a "make-a-scene" video it's OK to mix realistic 3D, toon 3D, 2D, etc... but for a whole game?
Now that I have replayed SBCG4AP, I think they can use the Strong Bad from the begining of Dangeresque 3, the one from the cutscene with the realistic textures and shadings. That way he wouldn't look so out of place next to the other characters.

But if you want to mix realistic shading characters with cell shading characters... Roger Rabitt game?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    he will look like he was in sbcg4ap
  • edited September 2010
    seibert999 wrote: »
    he will look like he was in sbcg4ap
    Official source?
  • edited September 2010
    hrwiki.org
  • edited September 2010
    Sorry for quoting myself, but I've just realized:
    with cell shading (like on it's own game), while the other characters will have "realistic" shadings? I find it quite strange for me, mixing different looks in the same game.
    Won't it be, not just quite strange for some of us, but also more technically complicated?
  • edited September 2010
    They screenshots of strong bad on steam too.
  • edited September 2010
    Well, I've seen the screenshots, but I was thinking maybe they were WIP (like Tycho's model on the make-a-scene video).
  • edited September 2010
    WIP? (question mark to prove what i am saying)
  • edited September 2010
    Work In Progress
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2010
    Strong Bad is going to be flat shaded like he is in the cartoon and in SBCG4AP. His lighting will probably be tweaked to better match the environment than what's in the screenshots so far, but he'll be a flat Flash style character, like he always is. I guess that's "Roger Rabbit" style, except that everything is being rendered in 3D by the same engine at the same time. They just receive and emit light in different ways. As for Tycho, he's still being worked on.
  • edited September 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Strong Bad is going to be flat shaded like he is in the cartoon and in SBCG4AP.

I'm happy about this. I quite like the way he looks, and I reckon it'll work well all together in their different styles. I think it'll add to the crossover effect.
  • edited September 2010
    I think the different graphical styles of the characters is part of the appeal of the game for me. There's a certain novelty to seeing that "Roger Rabbit"-style visual mash-up, and it's cool to see what all the Telltale engine is capable of doing.
  • edited September 2010
    I hope Telltale can pull it off, else Strong Bad will look very weird next to the three-dimensional Heavy.
  • edited September 2010
    In case no one has seen them, or has any idea where they are, here are the only two pictures of Strong Bad that I know about:

Strong Bad shovels

Strong Bad loses
  • edited September 2010
    These are the screenshots I was talking about. I certainly hope that, even with Strong Bad (and Tycho?) using cel shading unlike Max and The Heavy, the final results with improved lighting and all look better than these. Or maybe it look better when moving, but just now, with all due respect, IMHO these screenshots look like (not-so-)crappy photoshopping.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2010
    Lighting and colors aren't final in those shots and it already looks better internally :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.