Abe Lincoln Was Playtested... thanks everyone!

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited February 2007 in Sam & Max
Hey! If any of you live in the San Francisco Bay Area and have nothing to do this Saturday afternoon (that's Jan. 27), we are looking for a few good men and women to come in and take a crack at Sam & Max episode 4: Abe Lincoln Must Die.

We're looking for people to come in, play through as much of the episode as they can bear, and then, time and sanity allowing, talk to us for a bit about which parts worked and which parts maybe blew up.

If this sounds appealing to you, please send me a private message.

Alternatively, if this sounds unappealing to you, or if you plain can't make it, you can just post longingly in this thread! Woohoo!

Update: We've got all we need, thanks everyone!

Comments

• edited January 2007
    :eek: :eek: :eek: .......... and another :eek: for good measure.

I've never wanted to live in California so bad in my life haha, but I'm way over on the other coast... Why don't developers ever hail from my area? The only famous thing to come from this town is Live.... and they deserve to die for making "Dolphin's Cry", a song that to this day remains lodged in my brain.... I'll shut up now :P
  • edited January 2007
    I'm playtesting my own fourth Sam & Max episode in Thibodaux, Louisiana. Boiled crawfish will be served and no one from San Francisco is invited.
  • edited January 2007
    Udvarnoky wrote: »
    I'm playtesting my own fourth Sam & Max episode in Thibodaux, Louisiana. Boiled crawfish will be served and no one from San Francisco is invited.

:D :D :D :D :D
  • edited January 2007
    ... I would consider making the drive... it's only a good 9 hours. 8 if I speed, which I would.

15 if I Highway Surf, though.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    That's a pretty extreme (and unrecommended) trek. Where approximately do you live?
  • edited January 2007
    I hope Sam & Max Episode 4 - Abe Lincoln Must Die doesen't have those god aweful characters "Sam" and "Max" in it this time.
    edited January 2007
    Yeah we cut them. From here on out it's all Telltale Texas Hold'Em characters, all the time!
  • edited January 2007
    And Dank, right!?
  • edited January 2007
    Damn you, telltale. j/k Ya had to make it this saturday and make me squirm since I have a midterm this following Monday. j/k Guess I will pm you guys...
  • edited January 2007
    Waiiit. Is it Sf or somewhere around it in the bay area? I hope it is in AlamedA(my hometown where I am still residing at; I wish the beta testing was there) or Emeryville(where pixar is at) since SF is crowded and I get lost easily over there.
  • edited January 2007
    San Rafel eh? I wonder if bart or actransit takes me directly to telltalegames

I use public transportation most of the time since l don't know how to drive; heck l use the bus to get home to Alameda from Davis (I am a ucd student) every weekend
  • edited January 2007
    Does it count if I lived in the Bay area this past summer? Even though now I live in a different continent?
  • edited January 2007
    Owwww... :(

Mental note: "Move to San Francisco"
  • edited January 2007
    I think I'm just going to post longingly in this thread. Damn me for living half a world away.
    edited January 2007
    doom saber - we're in San Rafael, which is about 10-15 minutes north of the Golden Gate bridge, or actually just off of the Richmond/San Rafael bridge if you come from the east bay.
  • edited January 2007
    I've got an even better idea. Why don't you set up shop in Edmonton this Saturday to convenience me!

Urgh. Posting longingly indeed. I'd love to get in on this, and tell you everything that you've done wrong... :(
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    doom saber wrote: »
    San Rafel eh? I wonder if bart or actransit takes me directly to telltalegames

You'll have to take Golden Gate Transit to get there. This site might come in handy if you want to know what buses you'd have to take.
    Oilers99 wrote: »
    I've got an even better idea. Why don't you set up shop in Edmonton this Saturday to convenience me!

So you're from Edmonton, huh? I grew up near there. The fact that you named yourself after the Oilers made me suspicious...
  • edited January 2007
    I actually live in Orange County, so the trek up to the Bay would be quite a drive.

If I wasn't in the middle of school work right now I definitly would!
  • edited January 2007
    Humm cost of plane ticket .
    clever.gif
  • edited January 2007
    okay, i'll do it if you send me the episode via. whatever you feel like! :D :D
    Why SF? it seems so popular for special game stuff!
    edited January 2007
    Just north of San Francisco is crawling with LucasArts spinoffs, and just south of San Franciscco is the Silicon Valley area where a lot of game companies got their start right around the same time a lot of PC companies were starting up there, so everyone is sort of mushed together right here.
    edited January 2007
    Okay thanks everyone who contacted us! We're good to go on Sam & Max volunteers for this round. Woo! See some of you saturday.
    edited January 2007
    Hey, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came by today to play through the episode and share your mind. It's always really appreciated, and helps make the games better. Hope you had fun!
  • edited January 2007
    Just out of curiosity, was what was said actually constructive or did you have to force it out of some people like a dentist performing an extraction on a molar?
    edited January 2007
    I can't speak for Brendan or Dave, but everyone's feedback seemed constructive and helpful (and plentiful) from where I was standing.
  • edited January 2007
    Well done everyone,

Was any sort of non-disclosure contract signed? Or are the people allowed to tell us about the game?
    edited January 2007
    They signed some stuff. :)
  • MelMel
    edited January 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    I can't speak for Brendan or Dave, but everyone's feedback seemed constructive and helpful (and plentiful) from where I was standing.
    I made Brendan and Dave cry. I need to learn to be nicer.*

I'm joking of course... :D
  • edited January 2007
    Awww,

I thought you people might do that...
  • edited January 2007
    My brother and I had a great time over at the telltalegames place yesterday.
  • edited January 2007
    anyone cross the blue line and never come back or is that gone now..
    edited January 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    anyone cross the blue line and never come back or is that gone now..

blueline.jpg
    Above: Where once the line stood, only sticky tape residue remains.

The blue line was torn up long ago, along with the wall!
  • edited January 2007
    They signed some stuff. :)

I can only imagine what the twisted minds at TTG had them sign... it scares me when all you put is "stuff."
  • edited January 2007
    Yikes, I never noticed the awful color of the carpet.

--Erwin
  • edited January 2007
    It makes me sad to think that Telltale are not based in London, where they belong.

Also, you clearly need some British input into the next episodes, seeing as you've already included some "british" content :)
  • edited February 2007
    I think telltalegames is too small of a company to go around the world, let ppl try their games, and give feedback.

However, if telltalegames go to some con like e4 or sdcc and let ppl play the game and give feedback beind some closed doors (after signing some stuff,) that could work, but it will mean that bay areaians such as myself won't be able to play.
  • edited February 2007
    doom saber wrote: »
    I think telltalegames is too small of a company to go around the world, let ppl try their games, and give feedback.

Not the world. Just Edmonton, because I am important.
  • Dave GrossmanDave Grossman Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007

I can speak for us, and will say that it was quite helpful to hear what people thought, and also to watch them play. It usually is. So, thanks!
  • edited February 2007
    I sense tester credits!
  • edited February 2007
    Oh yeah, I think watching people play is even more valuable than feedback in the form of comments/critique from the player. It's funny how people always manage to surprise you with actions you didn't think of.

--Erwin
Sign in to comment in this discussion.