GameTap has Episode 3 available

edited January 2007 in Sam & Max
I just saw Episode 3 on Gametap

Comments

• edited January 2007
    Gametap isn't available in UK, how can I get episode 3?
  • MelMel
    edited January 2007
    On February 8th when it's released worldwide (it'll be on Telltale's website). :)
  • edited January 2007
    Damn! That's like, 2 weeks away FFS! Grr, I want it NOW! Damn the Yanks getting everything first! :mad:
  • edited January 2007
    D'aw! I wanna play episode 3 too. :( *sniff*

Darn you Gametap for being available to north americans only!
  • MelMel
    edited January 2007
    Well I'm in North America but I won't be playing it until February 8th (actually probably after that). Not every N. American who plays Sam&Max has GameTap. :)
  • edited January 2007
    I have GameTap, but I won't be playing Episode 3 until I finish Episode 2 (these games are being released surprisingly fast; got to catch up).
  • edited January 2007
    Just played Episode 3.

All in all, it was an OK episode. Not as good as the last one, comedically or in gameplay. The puzzles were easier (No more
    ketchup
    puzzles, please.), and there aren't many lines that'll make you laugh out loud (but then again I didn't look around near as much as I did the previous two). The game seemed shorter than usual, took me just over 2 hours.

Still pretty amazing since they're going at such a breakneck pace. Keep up the good work TTG.

Dare I say I was the first person to complete Episode 3?! Do I get a prize?!

Looking forward to the next "Play it Again, Sam" list, hopefully there's more to it than that last list.

EDIT: To spoiler a little word, because I didn't want to taboo it for everyone. Very small, probably insignificant, spoiler, but better safe than sorry.
  • edited January 2007
    Rich wrote: »
    Gametap isn't available in UK, how can I get episode 3?

I thought this kind of thing would be over by now.
  • edited January 2007
    I thought the animations were much nicer this time around, particularly in the cutscenes. I really don't think the puzzles were easier--it felt like there were a lot more multi-step puzzles this time around, with solutions that felt less obvious than the previous episode.

As I am trying to be non-spoilery, I'll say this:
    I loved the song, Bosco's latest item, the inventive dialog puzzle, and the latest wacky takeoff on a piece of Americana.

For the next episodes, I will probably repeat the above paragraph. ;)
  • edited January 2007
    ^You got me more curious than I was before as to what the next BoscoTech item is now.

But answer me this simple "yes or no" question: Are any of the obvious mini-games worth their weight in casual, time-wasting replay (namely, Wack-da-Ratz)?
  • edited January 2007
    Hmm, for me, I would say no--you can obviously play it as many times as you like, but I really would say there wasn't anything there (read: challenge) that would make me want to play it over and over.
  • BrendanBrendan Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    It gets harder...
  • edited January 2007
    Ah, now you've made me go and try it again...
  • edited January 2007
    Not surprisingly, the game designer is right--it does get harder, therefore I'll retract my initial statement :rolleyes:

It's deceptively easy at first (at least to a quick-draw point-and-clicker like myself) so it didn't make me want to play more times, and there wasn't anything motivating me to play more.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    Brendan wrote: »
    It gets harder...

Really? I thought I was just getting worse. :eek:
  • edited January 2007
    Rich wrote: »
    Damn! That's like, 2 weeks away FFS! Grr, I want it NOW! Damn the Yanks getting everything first! :mad:

4 times out of 5, videogame-wise, the Japanese get everything first. :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.