ETA on the Earl Boen ToMI Episode 1?

So, when's it coming out? It's been a while since we've heard any news regarding it...

Comments

• edited September 2010
    I heard that Valve recently sent Telltale a gift of brand new clocks for the entire office, so...
  • edited September 2010
    It'll be out about the same time that Duke Nukem Forever and Half-life 2 Episode Three come out.
  • edited September 2010
    I also may have heard that the contract between Valve and Telltale regarding the use of the Heavy in Poker Night at the Inventory requires Telltale to begin operating on Valve Time.

But that just plain wouldn't make sense, as this has been going on for months now. I'm sticking with the clock theory.
  • edited September 2010
    *pouts*

So...

Can we use the cattle-prods on them?:p;)
  • edited September 2010
    It'll be out about the same time that Duke Nukem Forever
    so it'll be out next year
  • edited October 2010
    ...*cough*

Hello?

Any news?

Anyone?

Helloooo?!

...Rats.
  • edited October 2010
    Its on the DVD. Go buy.
  • edited October 2010
    S@bre wrote: »
    Its on the DVD. Go buy.
    and the on the ps3 version!
  • edited October 2010
    and the on the ps3 version!

Then what's the excuse for not updating the downloadable PC version?
  • edited October 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    Then what's the excuse for not updating the downloadable PC version?

Development hell?
  • edited October 2010
    I guess "Valve Time" stops being a valid reason when the company stops promising that it's still coming, doesn't it?
  • edited October 2010
    Look behind you! The downloadable ToMI Episode 1 with Earl Boen's voice!

monkey.gif
  • edited October 2010
    Could we get a yes or no on this?

I actually went to download the games again and no Earl makes me kind of sad.
  • edited October 2010
    It's been a long time, and it's a pretty minor feature, and Telltale have become VERY busy as of late, so it may have been dropped entirely. I'm afraid you may have to accept that it's not coming...or just buy the freaking DVD!!!
  • edited October 2010
    I have the DVD, I'd rather not bother with it sometimes. Or it could get damaged.

If they said the feature is coming, it should come. Otherwise lame. It's not like it should be insanely complicated or something.
  • edited October 2010
    You know you don't need to put in the DVD to play the games once they're installed, right?
  • edited October 2010
    You know you don't need to put in the DVD to play the games once they're installed, right?
    cool story
  • edited October 2010
    Oh, I'm sorry. Here.
    PariahKing wrote: »
    I have the DVD, I'd rather not bother with it sometimes. Or it could get damaged.
    cool excuse bro

fix'd
  • edited October 2010
    no like

i am glad to know that, thanks

is what i meant
    e
  • edited October 2010
    We'll probably get the Earl Boen Episode when Sam and Max 301 gets the Nutrition Specs on PC.

I love Telltale and they are always making games I love, but I really wouldn't mind an update to the back catalog. Mostly just bug fixes and S&M 1 to be in widescreen but I don't think that's likely. I'm getting a new graphics card + monitor in a few months and already plan on playing W&G, ToMI and S&M 3 on a max resolution and graphics at a '9'.
  • edited October 2010
    Frankly I don't understand it - surely the only people who care about this are those who have played the whole series and therefore have the DVD anyway? :p
  • edited October 2010
    Teeth wrote: »
    Frankly I don't understand it - surely the only people who care about this are those who have played the whole series and therefore have the DVD anyway? :p
    I'm sure, there are a lot of people who don't care about the DVD. If the DVD was important to anyone, no one would buy the games on Steam.
    Also the shipping isn't exactly cheap. Understandable that not everyone is willing to pay that much for it.

And I don't get what takes so long either. They already have the episode ready and running. All they need is adding DRM (although I wouldn't mind if they don't) and upload it.

Well, since I have the DVD, I'd prefer if we get Nutrispecs first.
  • edited October 2010
    Part of it is that every single new build, no matter what change they make or how minor it is, has to be run through QA before they can put it on the site.
  • edited November 2010
    I wonder if they have a huge checklist of things to review and change before they run it through QA.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.