Oh hey, Deluxe Edition is back

That's kinda cool.

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Finally! Now I must charge my credit card!
  • edited September 2010
    Woooooooooooooo! I wonder how long THIS one will last?
  • edited September 2010
    Aaaand paid.
    I wonder when it will be shipped though. In the invoice it says "spring 2010", but unless it's a BTTF reference, it's obviously wrong.
  • edited September 2010
    Just curious. What is the draw of the Deluxe Edition? Collector's items mainly?
  • edited September 2010
    Just curious. What is the draw of the Deluxe Edition? Collector's items mainly?

I guess so. The game is the same, but comes in a Steve Purcell slipcover. And it comes with a map (for pointing at to find yer grog), a coaster (for yer grog), a piece'o'eight (for pay for yer grog) and a tarot card (to entain yerself when drinking yer grog).
  • edited September 2010
    Can any one tell me the difference between the standard edition dvd cover/case and the deluxe edition. If you can, please post an image. I bought monkey island on steam and I just bought it again for the cover. Thank you.
  • edited September 2010
    redxman wrote: »
    Can any one tell me the difference between the standard edition dvd cover/case and the deluxe edition. If you can, please post an image. I bought monkey island on steam and I just bought it again for the cover. Thank you.
    There are some pictures on this page of an old thread. GuruGuru also has a picture of his deck of Voodoo Cards there, the Deluxe Edition comes with a "Joker" voodoo card.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited September 2010
    This is the standard edition cover and this is the Deluxe Edition one (it is actually a slipcover that pre-orderers of the downloads who bought the standard edition also received).
  • edited September 2010
    Okay, thanks.

EDIT: Does anyone know how long the Deluxe edition will stay in stock?
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Does anyone know how long the Deluxe edition will stay in stock?

Probably no one besides Telltale knows... and even then...
    When it went out of stock in July, they almost seemed as surprised as the rest of us! ;)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2010
    I doubt it will be for very long, unless we manufactured new ones (which I don't think we did).
  • edited September 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I doubt it will be for very long, unless we manufactured new ones (which I don't think we did).
    So I just ordered it last night (19th) and it says its backordered. Does that mean it's out-of-stock or that its coming around November-ish?
  • edited September 2010
    sfried wrote: »
    So I just ordered it last night (19th) and it says its backordered. Does that mean it's out-of-stock or that its coming around November-ish?

Yes, I would also like to know this?
  • edited September 2010
    Yes, I would also like to know this?
    Ditto as well.
  • edited September 2010
    I ordered the standard DVD recently, but it has not shipped yet because the same order contains Sam & Max Season 3 DVD which is on back order.
    Can I change the placed order to include the Deluxe instead of the standard TOMI DVD?
    I sent an e-mail to support some days ago, but have not got any answer.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.