My Game Script for "The Curse of Monkey Island"

So after almost two months of hard work, trivia, Wikipedia, IMDb, and YouTube video clips, I completed the Game Script for The Curse of Monkey Island. I submitted the script's Version 1.0 to GameFAQs on September 1, then I updated the script by fixing many tweaks and adding more trivia references. This new version of the script, 1.15, is now here in this link if you want to read it. Warning: Spoilers ahead for those who haven't played Curse!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/29083-the-curse-of-monkey-island/faqs/60819

Comments

• edited September 2010
    time well spent.
  • edited September 2010
    Regarding the trivia item of the "lapostal" cheat, that's referring to the Star Wars first person shooter "Dark Forces", where the cheat gave you all weapons, unlimited ammo and full shield power.
  • edited September 2010
    Oh my God...you actually wrote ALL the possible dialogue options????

You're crazy... but my kind of crazy! Good job!!
  • edited September 2010
    Oh my God...you actually wrote ALL the possible dialogue options????

You're crazy... but my kind of crazy! Good job!!

Thanks, Silverwolfpet. It was my pleasure! ;)
  • edited September 2010
    Absolutely fantastic job. Scripting out a game like this took a great deal of time, I'd imagine, but the result is worth it.
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks, mgrant.
  • edited September 2010
    Nice Job. You must really love Curse. (I do too.)
  • edited September 2010
    Thank you, techie775. What a nice thing to say. :)
  • edited September 2010
    Wow!
    Very useful for me, who had to play Curse in a different language and now wants to know some of the lines in their original form. Thanks!
  • edited September 2010
    I didn't see one easter egg/trivia on your script, but maybe I just skipped it (so much text to read!).
    In any case, I'll tell you so you can add it if you want:
    When You pass the first stage of the duel with Edward Van Helgen and he is performing his unbeatable banjo solo, but BEFORE you beat him with the pistol, you can go back to the Barbery Coast. Since he's still on the dueling grounds, his place on the barbery is empty, and you can now see a picture on the wall that is otherwise blocked. Max (from Sam&Max) is on it.
  • edited September 2010
    I didn't see one easter egg/trivia on your script, but maybe I just skipped it (so much text to read!).
    In any case, I'll tell you so you can add it if you want:
    When You pass the first stage of the duel with Edward Van Helgen and he is performing his unbeatable banjo solo, but BEFORE you beat him with the pistol, you can go back to the Barbery Coast. Since he's still on the dueling grounds, his place on the barbery is empty, and you can now see a picture on the wall that is otherwise blocked. Max (from Sam&Max) is on it.

Wow! I didn't see this or the "lapostal" reference before on my script. Perhaps I'll update it when I get a chance. For now, I'm working on the Game Script for The Dig.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.