2 questions re: system req'mts & xbox 360

edited September 2010 in Tales of Monkey Island
hey there, i'm new, so forgive me if my search of the forum missed replies to these questions already, but:
1. my macbook (i believe it was the first generation out, but upgraded memory and perhaps HD) says in "about this mac":
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB11.0061.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.4f12

i notice it does not say the processor is an intel core 2 duo (the 2 is missing). does this mean i cannot play the tales of monkey island on my mac?

2. i noticed that people have been referencing playing these games on the xbox 360? how do you do this and an tales of monkey island be played on an xbox 360 (which i have, but not a pc)?

thanks and sorry if these are stupid questions. i haven't played any games since the first monkey island came out on my old pc--have 2 kids now (part of the reason i haven't had time for the games) and would like to introduce them to it. :)

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Well, we can't really help you until you tell us what graphics card you have. I don't own a Mac myself, but I know that integrated graphics won't do for this game. As far as the CPU is concerned, I'm not entirely sure, and the reference to XBOX 360 playability is just a cryout for Telltale to port the game to 360, unless you're getting confused between Tales of Monkey Island and the 2 special editions on Xbox Live? Also, I have heard there is a way to play Tales on PC with a 360 controller.
  • edited September 2010
    OM, thanks for your reply. sorry, i'm not totally system savvy, so i'm not sure where to find out if i have integrated graphics. i looked for a graphics card under "graphics/display" in "about this mac" and it said: Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950
    Type: GPU
    Bus: Built-In
    VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory
    Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
    Device ID: 0x27a2
    Revision ID: 0x0003
    Displays:
    Color LCD:
    Resolution: 1280 x 800
    Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
    Main Display: Yes
    Mirror: Off
    Online: Yes
    Built-In: Yes
    Display Connector:

does that tell you what you need to know in order to help me?
  • edited September 2010
    oh and also, the 2 special editions of MI games for xbox...how would i go about getting them? can i purchase them here on my mac or do i have to do it on the xbox 360? the xbox is my hubby's, so i'm pretty xbox illiterate except for playing a game off a cd or watching a dvd on it...
  • edited September 2010
    jimnyo wrote: »
    OM, thanks for your reply. sorry, i'm not totally system savvy, so i'm not sure where to find out if i have integrated graphics. i looked for a graphics card under "graphics/display" in "about this mac" and it said: Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950
    Type: GPU
    Bus: Built-In
    VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory
    Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
    Device ID: 0x27a2
    Revision ID: 0x0003
    Displays:
    Color LCD:
    Resolution: 1280 x 800
    Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
    Main Display: Yes
    Mirror: Off
    Online: Yes
    Built-In: Yes
    Display Connector:

does that tell you what you need to know in order to help me?
    jimnyo wrote: »
    oh and also, the 2 special editions of MI games for xbox...how would i go about getting them? can i purchase them here on my mac or do i have to do it on the xbox 360? the xbox is my hubby's, so i'm pretty xbox illiterate except for playing a game off a cd or watching a dvd on it...

Well, as far as a graphics card is concerned that would be your Intel GMA 950, which has integrated graphics, so the game is not going to have a very good performance. I would try the demo first, and see how that goes. Most likely you'll be reduced to having to use a really low screen res. on the lowest quality setting, and that's not great, so the only thing I can suggest is to either wait for an xbox port, or save up for a new Mac graphics card.

For the 2 special editions, you will have to purchase them off xbox live with either a credit card like with Telltale's games, or with a Microsoft points card that you can get at most videogame shops. I myself do have an xbox, but unfortunately I cannot connect to xbox live as my router is too far away from my xbox/TV and I don't have a wireless adapter. I would ask your husband if you are connected to xbox live and go from there. Hope this helps:)
  • edited September 2010
    thank you, yes it does. except that i'm very sad i won't be able to play MI on my mac. *tear* ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.