Okay seriously guys

edited January 2007 in Sam & Max
When are the episodes supposed to take place, relative to one another? The calendar still says September. Then again, it's presumably still September 2002, but how do they go through them at a rate of "about one per year" if they never flip to a new page? :p

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    The episodes take place somewhere between a month and 3 and a half days apart.
  • edited January 2007
    Don't you get hints about where in the timeline the episodes fall with things like the Donuts and what Sam asks Bosco about the Hot Weenies in Episode 2?

Examples:
    Episode 1
    Sam: "Last month's donuts."

Episode 2
    Sam: "These donuts are at least three months old."

Sam: "Aren't these the same two weenies from a month ago?"
    Bosco: "Are you the same two weenies that were in here a month ago?"
  • edited January 2007
    I don't think "Canon" and "Sam & Max" belong together. Ever
  • edited January 2007
    Well, it's not like the events in Season 1 are going to affect Season 2. I mean, do you see any kind of residual affect from Hit the Road (outside of in-referances and throwbacks) in the epsidoes so far? Not really.

If there was, we'd probably run into Conroy Bumpus again, or at the very least, Bruno.
  • edited January 2007
    I'm not saying there should be strict "continuity," per se, but it would be nice to see a new image on the calendar once in a while... also, that "Liver and Onions Live!" billboard has been up for a conspicuously long while as well...
    It's nice to see the gumball machine and newspaper change every month, for instance. More things like that would help diversify the retreaded areas... or something.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    There's actually a decent amount of continuity in season 1... Sam & Max are just oblivious to most of it.
  • edited January 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    Don't you get hints about where in the timeline the episodes fall with things like the Donuts and what Sam asks Bosco about the Hot Weenies in Episode 2?

Examples:
    Episode 1
    Sam: "Last month's donuts."

Episode 2
    Sam: "These donuts are at least three months old."

Sam: "Aren't these the same two weenies from a month ago?"
    Bosco: "Are you the same two weenies that were in here a month ago?"

& I thought those were just kinda jokes about the games being released on a monthly basis (with the same in-game objects) :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.