Cool Contests?

edited February 2007 in Sam & Max
I think it would be nice if the Sam and Max crew ran a few contests. Something like 'be the first to find this secret thingy and take a screenshot and get some cool merch' or 'write a line for this situation and have your zinger put in the game.' something to promote audience interaction.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    They've had a Halloween contest and a christmas one so far. Give it time
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    Most recently we had this one. People more or less ignored it, which made me cry.

(A winner will be announced shortly though.)
  • edited January 2007
    I didn't know that was a contest! *cries*
  • edited January 2007
    I didn't either... if you don't post it in the Sam and Max forum, I won't notice it. Too bad, too... I had a great story.
  • edited January 2007
    Maybe people ignored it because they're afraid to share their most embarrassing stories? I know I did... I'm still suppressing the memories...
  • edited January 2007
    I saw that blog but passed it by because I thought it was about dank or something I don't know! Sorry!

I would have loved to write something up
    edited January 2007
    Maybe you'll still get your chance. ;)
  • edited January 2007
    I had no idea! Maybe they need to be advertised in the forums, too? I know I pretty-much only come here, and to the Sam and Max front page.
    edited January 2007
    Fancy Worm wrote: »
    I had no idea! Maybe they need to be advertised in the forums, too? I know I pretty-much only come here, and to the Sam and Max front page.

Or maybe you need to read our blog. :D

It wasn't good timing for a contest, with the holidays. We'll do a better job promoting it next time around (and there definitely will be a next time, because we still have two prizes to give away!)
  • edited January 2007
    Ooh! Do a design document contest, so I can recycle my entry for Developer for a Day.
  • edited January 2007
    Please tell me the prize is a signed copy of "Surfin' the Highway", with an original picture by Steve Purcell drawn on the inside cover. Or better yet a signed copy with all of the comics after its initial release included. I'll be happy to enter a contest for that, no matter what the terms.
  • edited January 2007
    I'm still partial to big bags of freshly-printed cash dollars.
  • edited January 2007
    I'm still partial to big bags of freshly-printed cash dollars.

In the absence of cold, hard, freshly minted dino-denaro - would you accept toe-nail clippings and some hair swept up from a barber shop floor as a suitable alternative prize?
  • edited January 2007
    Dang-nabbit! I was going to enter that contest... kinda forgot. Oops!

Does intent count as an entry?
  • edited January 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Or maybe you need to read our blog
    It wasn't good timing for a contest, with the holidays. We'll do a better job promoting it next time around (and there definitely will be a next time, because we still have two prizes to give away!)

Is one of them my arm? Because I lost it a couple of weeks ago and can't find it anywhere.

If it is my arm could you let me know? 'Cos in that case I'd really like to enter the competition to try to win it back.
  • edited January 2007
    Ok, here is my idea for a contest prize... certainly, giving away free copies of the game is great, but giving away episode 3-6 is almost silly... so, instead, why not let one of the prizes (or an additional prize) be an in-game cameo! Either an actual (super-cool) 3d version of the winner, with a great dialog tree that leads to nowhere, or just a name reference (ala "Make it out to Squinky").

So... what should the contest prompt be? How about best Derwin? I am sure I can win! If not... that would be very sad.
  • edited January 2007
    Derwin wrote: »
    Ok, here is my idea for a contest prize... certainly, giving away free copies of the game is great, but giving away episode 3-6 is almost silly... so, instead, why not let one of the prizes (or an additional prize) be an in-game cameo! Either an actual (super-cool) 3d version of the winner, with a great dialog tree that leads to nowhere, or just a name reference (ala "Make it out to Squinky").

So... what should the contest prompt be? How about best Derwin? I am sure I can win! If not... that would be very sad.

I was actually thinking about the exact same thing, but I didn't know if it would be taken seriously.
    edited February 2007
    The Grickle contest has returned!

Also, a cameo is an interesting idea...
  • Dave GrossmanDave Grossman Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    ... or 'write a line for this situation and have your zinger put in the game.'

I've fished for ideas a couple of times on the forum, and at least one of them IS going into a game. I guess you could call that a contest, sort of.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.