My Opening Script BTTF 4 (Most Logical Sense for a BTTF 4)

edited November 2010 in Back to the Future
EXT. TRAIN TRACKS - DAY

Marty and Jennifer stand back as the time machine train lifts off and disappears in the sky.
JENNIFER
Do you think we will ever see him again?

MARTY
I guarantee it.

3 sonic booms are heard and a startled Marty and Jennifer turn around to see the Delorean time machine screech to a stop in perfect condition and covered in ice.

The driver's gull-wing door opens and Doc brown comes out wearing full radiation gear.
MARTY
Doc?

DOC
Marty!..You have to come back with me!

MARTY
Wait a minute Doc...What are you doing here? Where's is Clara and the kids?

DOC
Who?

MARTY
and how is the Delorean fixed?
Marty notices that there is no Mr Fusion on the Delorean and why Doc is wearing a radiation suit.
MARTY
Doc..When was the last time we've met?

DOC
The night I dropped you off at your house before traveling to 2015.

MARTY
This is heavy.

Marty realizes that all the recent events have not occurred yet to this version of DOC and that is why the Delorean is still in working order and why a Mr. Fusion hasn't even been installed yet.
MARTY
Doc..how'd you even know to be here at this exact second?

DOC
You sent me a letter...

CUT TO: CLOSEUP OF LETTER
MARTY
This is heavy. Wait a minute Doc what are you doing?

DOC
I need more plutonium! Quick put this on.

MARTY
What about Jennifer?

JENNIFER
Maybe I should just go Marty?

DOC
Just wait in Marty's pick-up and we will be right back..It will be like we never left.

Jennifer takes the keys from Marty and goes into the pickup to watch.

MARTY puts on a yellow radiation suit and helps Doc with the plutonium.

Marty and Doc get into the Delorean time machine.

INT. DELOREAN TIME MACHINE - DAY

Doc is entering a date into the keypad.
MARTY
2015?

DOC
Precisely!

Doc steps on the gas of the delorean

CUT TO: DASH SPEEDOMETER REACHING 88 MPH

EXT. TRAIN TRACKS - DAY

After 3 sonic booms the Delorean time machine enters the vortex leaving a fire trail behind.

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Dialogue needs a little work but most of it is perfect.
  • edited October 2010
    How did Marty get the letter into the past to doc without using a time machine? The Delorean is sitting wrecked in front of him..
  • edited October 2010
    How did Marty get the letter into the past to doc without using a time machine? The Delorean is sitting wrecked in front of him..

I think is the other delorean! and thats what u should discover...

I like it very much, its like makes the 3rd movie another reality, and gets u back to a better situation!!! and theres more mistery, and its good!!!

LIKE IT!:D
  • edited October 2010
    He sent a letter to him just like Doc did at the end of part 2.

Marty did not send the letter into the past. At the end of part 1 Doc travels to 2015. It's this version of Doc that Marty sent the letter to.

Does this make more sense now?
  • edited October 2010
    Heres the also most logical ending to bttf 4.

INT. INDIAN DRIVE-INN THEATER RESTROOM - DAY

Marty is hiding in a bathroom stall with his feet on the toilet seat. In the stall next to him another version of Marty is getting dressed as Clint Eastwood.

Marty sees the other Marty pass the bathroom stall still wearing his Nike sneakers.

EXT. INDIAN DRIVE-INN THEATER - DAY
    55' DOC
    VIA CON DIOS!

A gun is fired in the air by Doc several times. The Delorean starts lighting up and enters the vortex right before smashing into the Indians painted on the drive-in screen.

'55 DOC runs closer to the screen, yelling euphorically!
    55' DOC
    Ya-Haaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Marty steps out of the bathroom.
    MARTY
    Doc!

'55 Doc turns, sees Marty and Freaks out!
    '55 DOC
    YAAAAAA!!!!!

'55 DOC points the gun towards Marty
    55' DOC
    But I just sent you to the past!

Marty looks at the drive-inn screen.
    MARTY
    I know doc. But now I'm back again from the Future and I need your help!

'55 DOC drops the gun and staggers back. clutching his chest
    MARTY
    Not again Doc...

'55 DOC has a look of acceptance and stands up straight
    55' DOC
    Right!

Marty and Doc walk behind a giant boulder to see the Delorean.

INT. DELOREAN - DAY

'55 DOC gets into the Delorean and shuts the passenger gull-wing door.
    '55 DOC
    This is the most exciting moment of my life Marty! I'm about to travel through time!

Marty in the driver seat enters a date into the time display. OCT 26, 1985 08:00 AM.
    '55 DOC [CONT'D]
    We need to find a nice smooth path to get up to 88 MPH

MARTY
    No Doc..where we're going we don't need roads.

Marty flicks a switch and the Delorean hovers into the air.

EXT. DELOREAN - DAY

The delorean goes forward flying through the air and turns around to the camera and vanishes.

FADE OUT:
    SUPERIMPOSE: TO BE CONTINUED
  • edited October 2010
    with marty going back to 2015 with the doc that has not allready been to 2015 yet marty could actually try to stop the old biff from stealing the almanac and delorean , he would have to dodge his other self plus his son marty mc fly junior
  • edited October 2010
    Not bad but I don't like all the reused movie quotes, your dialog could have stood on its on.
  • edited October 2010
    if bttf part 4 can never be made in to a film cant it be made in to a novel version? im sure craig show gardener or george gipe would be happy to write a novel on bttf part 4 !
  • edited October 2010
    You see the ending for bttf 3 and then you see this:

THE END (is displayed).

Fades.

OR IS IT? (is displayed).

Fades.

A clock starts ticking.

Wednesday, March 4th, 2015, 7.25pm. (is displayed).

Int. McFly Household.
    The camera fixes on an old fashioned clock with a man dangling from the hands. The camera pans around the sitting room to reveal Marty Senior (47) and Jennifer (47) who are sitting watching television. They no longer live in Hilldale as in Back to the Future part II. Instead they live in a large fairly expensive house. It is also noticeable that 2015 as depicted in Back to the Future part II when Marty, Doc & Jennifer visited, isn’t as futuristic as it was. Marty is a retired Rockstar, and the camera pans around the room showing platinum discs, Rolling Stone magazine and other such awards are dotted around the room. The camera moves to show Marty looking at the old photograph he has with Doc standing by the Courthouse clock in 1885.

MARTY SENIOR
    Can you believe Jen, its 2015 already? I mean the time’s gone so quick since Doc left in the train with his family. I really thought he would’ve come back to live in the present.

JENNIFER
    Well, you remember all that trouble with the FBI over the missing plutonium and those awful terrorists back in 1985. You had one hell of a job shaking them off. Doc would’ve probably have been arrested if he came back to live in this time.

MARTY SENIOR
    Maybe he thought it was for the best. Anyway I don’t think Clara would’ve felt at home a hundred years ahead of her time, and Doc always dreamt of living in the old west. I wonder how it all turned out for him. Things certainly made a difference without him today. The time we visited 2015 back then there were flying cars and all sorts. Doc must have been a major influence or invented something pretty big in that alternative reality to have made it so futuristic.

JENNIFER
    Look at us then Marty, our lives turned out completely different. If it weren’t for you avoiding that awful accident with the Rolls Royce in 1985, we’d have been living in Hilldale. We would’ve married in the Chapel of Love! Imagine that?

MARTY SENIOR
    Don’t even think about it. I’d have never been as successful as I was.

JENNIFER
    You would’ve injured your hand and never played guitar again.

MARTY SENIOR
    The thought of that makes me shudder.

JENNIFER
    More importantly, we’d have only had two kids. We wouldn’t have had much money and struggled by bringing the two of them up. If it wasn’t for your rock career, we never would’ve had Scott. He’d never have even been born.

MARTY SENIOR
    Life without Scott? Geez Jen that would’ve been so different. Where are the kids anyway?

JENNIFER
    Marlene’s at her friends doing her homework and Junior and Scott should be in their rooms doing there’s.

MARTY SENIOR
    I’m gonna go check on Scott, I bet he’s playing that damn video game again.

Marty heads to the door.

Int. Scott’s bedroom.
    Posters of skateboarders and rockstars are on the wall. There is a skateboard leaning against the wall.
    Scott (15) is sitting on his bed playing his video game as Marty suspected. He’s playing a flight simulator game and is really good at it. After several moments of Scott cursing and making the usual sounds you make playing a video game, Marty enters the room.

MARTY SENIOR
    I knew it Scott, playing that damn game again. Why aren’t you doing your homework?

SCOTT
    Aw Dad…

MARTY SENIOR
    Come on son, you know how much your grades are slipping; I don’t want to see another report like the one you got last semester. Get on with it.

SCOTT
    I can’t, my laptop is malfunctioning.

MARTY SENIOR
    Can’t you use you palmtop?

SCOTT
    It takes too long to use that.

MARTY SENIOR
    You’ve still gotta do your homework; it’s not an option. I’ll go and get my laptop; you can do it on that.

SCOTT
    Aww.

Marty goes off to fetch his laptop. Scott gets up, switches his game off, picks up a school bag and takes the work he needs to do out of it. Marty soon returns with the laptop and gives it to Scott.

MARTY SENIOR
    Now get on with it. No excuses, I’m gonna check on you shortly to make sure you’re doing it.

Marty turns and leaves the room and Scott pulls a face.

Int. living room. Jennifer has prepared drinks. Marty enters the room and takes his drink.

MARTY SENIOR
    Cheers Jen, he’s hard work sometimes. What were you saying about him not even being born?

JENNIFER
    You wouldn’t have him any other way Marty, he’s just like you were at his age.

Int. Scott’s room.

Scott plays around with his dad’s laptop. Instead of getting on with his homework he’s snooping around his dad’s files. He finds a folder called “Personal”. He clicks it open and finds another folder called “Do not open until 2016”. Scott looks round to see if anybody’s coming in the room and opens it inquisitively. The folder opens and reveals a file called “My journeys back to the future by Marty McFly”. Scott scrolls down and sees words like “1955”, “Doc” and “Time Machine” and illustrations of DeLorean cars and Flux Capacitors.

SCOTT
    This looks interesting…

Scott looks round again to see if anybody’s coming and proceeds to copy the file onto his palmtop computer.

Fade into opening credits. Back to the Future Part IV logo appears on the screen to the Back to the Future theme tune.

Thats just the begining of it, but I hope you liked it.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2010
    Butch and Bagrisham, these are really great scripts! I really enjoyed reading them, although I wouldn't accept them in the game. ;)

Butch's alternate Doc-idea would at least keep enough of the original Doc character to be acceptable by the fans (recent Sam&Max season endings might not work as well ;) ). And it really is obvious that a new beginning must be made almost immediately after the third movie. Yet in this script, the stage seems set a little too fast, the driving force of the story comes a little too deus ex machina. For a Back to the Future story, Doc and Marty will have to mess up the timeline all by themselves, and then excel at fixing it again. With this beginning, it's hard to set such a storyline up.

Bagrisham: Marty's son "Scott". That was really great. ;)
    I think this is very close to what Gale maybe would have done if MJF could do part IV and he wanted to continue the story. But personally, I have always despised the idea that kids of our day get ahold of the DeLorean. This was presented by TTG in the survey as one of four plot options, irresponsible teenagers travelling through time. My love for BTTF is grounded on nostalgia, so I would naturally want to continue the story in 1985 (confirmed already, yay!), and if they time-travel to 2015, it would be like in BTTF II. So, there are NO MOBILE PHONES OR LAPTOPS in the future. :D
  • edited November 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxKpIuY_Km8

LOOK AT WHAT I MADE BTTF 4
  • edited November 2010
    Reposting from anther thread
    Tyrfing42 wrote: »
    Here's a fan setup for a story I found posted on an imageboard of all places. (I'm an not the writer of this pitch)

"In the year 2015, 16 year old Marlene Mcfly fantasizes over the stories of her favorite sci-fi authors such as H.G Wells. She dreams of adventure but is forever stuck in her mundane life. One day her father Martin goes missing when she arrives home. Her father left her a letter that leaves instructions and clues to his whereabouts and car keys. Confused, she is chased by shady men and is rescued by a brazen young man with blonde hair with a sarcastic attitude. He uses an array of high tech gadgets to escape their pursuers. The young man introduces himself as Verne Newton Brown but tells Marlene she can call him Verney.
    Verne brings Marlene to the bridge near Eastwood Ravine to meet somebody but Marlene is confused as there is no one there. She is startled with 3 sonic booms and a steam train locomotive appears in front of her very eyes. I was like the stories she has read came to life! Another young man stepped out of the locomotive wearing Victorian era clothing. He politely dressed himself as Jules Eratosthenes Brown and apologizes for his younger brother's rude behavior. The brothers state that their father, Emmet Brown has gone missing as well and the letter left to Marlene holds clues to their whereabouts. Will Jules, Verne are Marlene ever find out what happened to their fathers? What is the conspiracy that that involves their shadowy pursuers? What is mystery behind the founding of Hill Valley?

Starring Allison Scagliotti"

All sounds great to me except the secret society thing. Not to sure how I'd feel about that plot.
    Though the survey for this game had that...(here let me find it)
    http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/070910-telltale-games-asks-for-feedback.html
    "Temporal Preservation Squadron" with a Tannen in the ranks always getting in the way, so that could work too.

Also, I think that scenario would probably introduce a bit of unnecessary fan-shipping.

I like this approach for a fourth movie because putting a lot of focus on Marty, Jennifer, or even the Doc might be a bad idea anyway considering all the time that has past since the last one.
  • edited November 2010
    Bagrisham ... that was brilliant ... the last part where scott finds stuff on the laptop im not completely sold on ... but the rest .. all the nitty gritty little stuff was great and ties in well. You should help write the story of the game if they havnt already finalised it.
  • edited November 2010
    I think the game should just start with Emmet doing a disco dance and marty doing a moon walk and back the future theme all funky. Then it should open generically to chirping birds in a nest on a sunny day and pan it's way to a open window where doc is teaching a class. And all the sudden doc reaches under his desk and pulls up a radio and cranks it up really loud BACK IN TIME...BACK IN TIME....GO BACK IN TIME!!!!

Then he grabs a pet monkey by the throat with the other hand under the desk and places him on his desk and the monkey grabs a pair of sun glasses from behind itself, puts them on and starts dancing...

Doc says "Groovy"...then reaches in his pocket as he sits down throws his feet up on the desk and starts smoking a rolled joint.

"Yeah...." "Yeah, that's it...dance you mother...dance!"

The class is busy taking a test and all the sudden MArty McFly runs into the room screaming DOC! DOC! DOC!

The class jumps up in surprise and then Doc of course apologizes to the class for such a racket.

What is it MARTYYY!?

DOC!!! DOC!!! DOC!!!

what kid?...what?...

DOC!!! DOC!!! DOC!!!

Doc pulls out a baseball bat and smacks Marty across the face, Marty hits the ground and then Doc beats him senseless on the floor...

IM TEACHING A CLASS MARTY!!! IM TEACHING A CLASS!!!!

A student raises his hand and says, Doc, I have a question. Doc covered in blood turns around and sits back in his seat and says

Shoot, kid, what is it?

Marty crawls out the door on his hands and knees and then Doc jumps out the window and outside the window from inside the class we see Doc slamming Marty's face into the ground.
  • edited November 2010
    i cant help myself but that was funny a hell. i really laughed my ass off by visualizing the scene in the classroom.
  • edited November 2010
    Here's mine:

BLANK SCREEN...

BACK TO THE FUTURE, PART IV LOGO APPEARS

CUT TO MOVIE.

Pretty good, huh?
  • edited November 2010
    naaaaah....

marty's hanging around at the railroad tracks where the delorean was destroyed picking up parts and thinking about good old times.

then, out of nowhere doc brown arrives with the train timemachine, accidently hitting marty while reentering, marty dies in great pain and doc has to travel back to prevent himself from killing his best friend. but thats not as easy as it looks, cause after reentering the timetrain derailed, cause of all the sh*t from the destroyed delorean still lying on the railroad tracks, the timetrain turns over a few times and doc's whole family dies in this accident, he's the only one who's going to survive. the time train is destroyed too, so he has to built a whole new time machine from scratch to get back in time to prevent all the sh*t he caused by traveling back to 1985 one time to often from ever happening.

after the events i just explained there's a close up of doc and he says: "GREAT!!! SCOTT!!!"

then teh title screen appears and teh theme begins to play.
  • edited November 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    naaaaah....

marty's hanging around at the railroad tracks where the delorean was destroyed picking up parts and thinking about good old times.

then, out of nowhere doc brown arrives with the train timemachine, accidently hitting marty while reentering, marty dies in great pain and doc has to travel back to prevent himself from killing his best friend. but thats not as easy as it looks, cause after reentering the timetrain derailed, cause of all the sh*t from the destroyed delorean still lying on the railroad tracks, the timetrain turns over a few times and doc's whole family dies in this accident, he's the only one who's going to survive. the time train is destroyed too, so he has to built a whole new time machine from scratch to get back in time to prevent all the sh*t he caused by traveling back to 1985 one time to often from ever happening.

after the events i just explained there's a close up of doc and he says: "GREAT!!! SCOTT!!!"

then teh title screen appears and teh theme begins to play.

This could work for me. That could be the part Michael J Fox voices "AHHHHH!"
  • edited November 2010
    How about the movie starts out and Marty is into making pirate videos and also suicidal. The Doc turns up with a pet chimp and makes a new time machine that looks like a fridge but government agents burst in and shoot him before Marty uses the it to travel back to the 50's.

He meets up with Doc in the past and they go to a Nuclear test site and use the atom bomb to send Marty back to the future (It'll be a really cool scene but in no way like Indy 4).

Once Marty returns to the future he finds that there are now flying cars everywhere and his dad is a boxer.

The End.
  • edited November 2010
    EXT - TELLTALE HEADQUARTERS

Alan Johnson is drinking his morning coffee. Suddenly, the plate glass windows near him explode and a Delorean drives in through the building. Michael J Fox gets out. Several people rush in to see what's going on and are astonished.

FOX
    Alan! This is an emergency...

ALAN
    Michael, what the hell? I haven't
    had any coffee yet. I'm not ready
    for this.

FOX
    It's the games, Alan. Something's
    gotta be done about the games.

ALAN
    We're going to do a good job!

FOX
    You do. But we've got to go back
    and stop those other ones from
    being made.

ALAN
    Alright. *chugs coffee down*
    Let's do it. I'll form Telltale back
    in '85.

The two of them get in the Delorean.

FOX
    Wait, I need to tap into yet another
    theory of time travel. The 3 movies
    didn't cover enough.

ALAN
    What do you... ?

Fox raises a hand, gets out and goes over to the computer.

FOX
    This is heavy... Nobody calls me chicken...
    (mumbling)

SUPER: 6 Hours Later

INT/EXT - DELOREAN.

Alan is dozing. He wakes up as Marty gets in the car.

FOX
    Dialogue is recorded for this timeline!!

He starts the car. As Alan punches the air and whoops, Fox reverses the car out of the office.

ALAN
    (raising his Starbucks cup) Maybe I should
    grab some more Starbucks...

FOX
    Starbucks? Where we're going, there's no Starbucks!
    Thank God.

The car reverses out. As we hear the car speed away and twin booms, the rest of the office excitedly gather around the computer to listen to Fox's dialogue.

AJ (dejectedly)
    They could have let me squeeze in...

FADE TO BLACK. OPENING TITLES

:cool:
  • edited November 2010
    Here's my idea: Doc is about to sign the papers for a loan that will keep the Institute of Future Technology open for years to come when suddenly the man from the bank is run over by a Delorean time machine piloted by Dr. John Frink, and as a result, Doc has to sell the Institute to Krusty The Clown, who demolishes it to build a theme park. What do you think?
  • edited November 2010
    There is only one deLorean. What they need to do is play off the whole time paradox idea. Like with Buffard Tennen, butterfly effect, standing up to him caused a series of events to play out differently. The 1985 that Marty returns to isn't just topically different...it has dire consequences on the distant future, a time when everyone owns a time machine. The year is 2210.
  • edited November 2010
    Why does there have to be only the one DeLorean time machine? Surely Doc could buy another DeLorean, and use it to re-build the time machine to spec. Don't see what would preclude that as a possibility.
  • edited November 2010
    I think some might argue that, because it took him so long to make the first time machine, making a second DeLorean would be implausible.

However, I don't buy it. It took him so long to make the first one because he was still figuring it out, trial and error. We already know he made a second time machine in (presumably) a much shorter time, so making another DeLorean should be easy.
  • edited November 2010
    I was always puzzled on how Doc made the time train so fast. Well..faster than it took him to make the first one. According to Part I he spent 30 years working on the first one, but he finished the Time Train in less than 7-8 years without parts from the 20th century. I always thought of the possiblility that Doc went back to the cave and used parts from the Delorean there but he would have to replace it.
  • edited November 2010
    without parts from the 20th century.
    He still had the hoverboard. And the two way radio he had been using to communicate with Marty.
    Not much, but it might have helped.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.