Did this game keep H*R from updating?

As you might know, homestarrunner.com hasn't had an update since April, and before that, it hadn't updated since November 2009.

Obviously, The Chaps have been involved with Poker Night at the Inventory, voicing Strong Bad and working on his lines. Is this game the sole reason for the lack of updates, or have there been some other factors? (While I could be wrong, I have a hard time believing a poker game, no matter how dialogue-heavy it is, would take this much time away from them.)

I've got to say, though, The Chaps have unintentionally pulled off the perfect marketing plan for this game. I was planning to get it no matter what, but after almost a year without regular updates I'm seriously willing to pay for new Homestar Runner content. :rolleyes:

Comments

• edited October 2010
    They've had a baby, so their time's a little too occupied to be making flash cartoons. At least that's what we think. I don't think this game has anything to do with the lack of updates. They've haven't had an update since last Halloween (if you don't count this year's April Fools prank).
  • edited October 2010
    Come to think of it, they should of put a closing notice up for the April fools day thing, but since they really didn't update since then, I guess it would of freaking some people out... huh?

Point is, it'll be nice to hear from Strong Bad again.
  • edited October 2010
    Mmmmmmmmoooooooooooorrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee sssssttttttttttttttttttttttrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg bbbbbbbaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddd
  • edited October 2010
    Goddamn baby. Take care of yourself, whining baby! I want Homestar!
  • edited October 2010
    between the two of them I think there are like 3-4 babies now?
  • edited October 2010
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    between the two of them I think there are like 3-4 babies now?

Entire team is BABIES!

heavy.png
  • edited October 2010
    PN@TI probably isn't the reason the Chaps have been away from HR for so long, I mean Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik (The creators of Penny Arcade) have been able to make regular updates on their site.
  • edited October 2010
    I believe it's a combination of PN@tI, the baby, and the fact that Matt is working on a screenplay for a movie.
  • edited October 2010
    A screenplay for a movie? Could someone 'splain please?
  • edited October 2010
    PN@TI probably isn't the reason the Chaps have been away from HR for so long, I mean Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik (The creators of Penny Arcade) have been able to make regular updates on their site.

Yeah, but Jerry's not doing Tycho's voice in the game.
  • edited October 2010
    doggans wrote: »
    Yeah, but Jerry's not doing Tycho's voice in the game.

yeah but he's still writing lines and working with them.
  • edited October 2010
    They had a baby? FFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited October 2010
    If/when they start doing Homestar Runner again, the Brothers Chaps might needs to take deliberate steps to avoid bitter Internet flame wars directed against the naysayers.

Strong Bad: "Hello, mewling masses. You might have noticed that my awesome website kinda ended forever and ever a while back, and now we're back and totally not over. My lawyers and definitely not my whiny baby brother Strong Sad have advised to me say the following: please do not yell aweomely vicious insults at anyone who said we were never coming back, no matter how big of jerks they were. ...Calltheirmomsdumb!"
    Strong Mad (offscreen): DON'T BRING THEIR MOMMAS INTO THIS! DO YOU SEE THEIR MOMMAS HERE?
    Strong Bad (running): Peeow!
  • edited October 2010
    BiggerJ wrote: »
    If/when they start doing Homestar Runner again, the Brothers Chaps might needs to take deliberate steps to avoid bitter Internet flame wars directed against the naysayers.

Strong Bad: "Hello, mewling masses. You might have noticed that my awesome website kinda ended forever and ever a while back, and now we're back and totally not over. My lawyers and definitely not my whiny baby brother Strong Sad have advised to me say the following: please do not yell aweomely vicious insults at anyone who said we were never coming back, no matter how big of jerks they were. ...Calltheirmomsdumb!"
    Strong Mad (offscreen): DON'T BRING THEIR MOMMAS INTO THIS! DO YOU SEE THEIR MOMMAS HERE?
    Strong Bad (running): Peeow!

Maybe Homestar Runner should do something like this, since it is in fact his site.
    I believe it's a combination of PN@tI, the baby, and the fact that Matt is working on a screenplay for a movie.

News to me. I'll have to watch this.
  • edited October 2010
    dentbuds wrote: »
    Maybe Homestar Runner should do something like this, since it is in fact his site.

Strong Bad's the most popular character. That, and Homestar's too stupid to say something so sensible.

Matt and Craig are currently working on a webcomic on the side: Ron Planet. It's awesome.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.