"Mac ports by the end of the year" my...

In the blog post detailing that ToMI was coming to Mac, it was also said that we would have ports of SBCG4AP and Wallace & Gromit before the end of the year. It's October. Where my Strong Bad Vidja Game fo' tha Mac at?
I KNOW you guys are hard at work on Jurassic Park and Back To The Future, but you should at least have this somewhere on the proverbial burner; lest y'all look like the late 3D Realms...

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Giaccomino wrote: »
    have ports of SBCG4AP and Wallace & Gromit before the end of the year.
    It's October

Linky
  • edited October 2010
    I meant that it was getting close to the end of the year. It's really foolish to make promises that you can't keep (speaking from experience).
  • edited October 2010
    To be fair, the way Telltale works leads to a lot more projects they don't expect over the course of a year then, say, Valve. I'm sure they didn't have the rights to BTTF, or JP at the start of the year, and Poker Night is most likely just an idea in someone's head going back to February. Sam and Max Season One has a valid excuse; there is a chance we'll get the stuff soon.
  • edited October 2010
    I meant that it was getting close to the end of the year. It's really foolish to make promises that you can't keep (speaking from experience).

And its foolish to blame companys that are working hard to do whatever they can to get these ports in for us for FREE for those who bought the PC version.
  • edited October 2010
    implying that october is the end of the year

:trollface:
  • edited October 2010
    implying that october is the end of the year

:trollface:

Nice try. I was saying that the year is ending soon. Want some cheese with that whine?
  • edited October 2010
    We still have 19% of the year ahead of us though. No reason to expect they won't be able to pull it off just yet.
  • edited October 2010
    We've not forgotten about this, things are indeed afoot.
    ________
    hash
  • edited October 2010
    seher wrote: »

Thank you.
  • edited October 2010
    seher wrote: »

Good, 'cause I've needed a new foot.

Also, my Wii and my body are on two separate continents, and I want to replay SBCG4AP. Alas, when I asked my Mac to save me, it looked down and whispered, "no".
  • edited October 2010
    I'm assuming the Mac version is free for everyone who bought it over Steam, as that's how their distribution system works. What about those who bought directly from Telltale? Will it also be free for download from the site? Will there be another DVD release of the season?
  • edited October 2010
    No, I'm pretty sure the Mac version will only be free for those who already bought the PC version directly from Telltale, not Steam, as Steam and Telltale are two entirely different distribution channels, and it doesn't make sense for Telltale to give away games for money spent at Steam.
  • edited October 2010
    You don't understand; You don't buy a specific version on steam. A game becomes available for download for both PC and Mac when you buy it. I bought TF2 back when it was PC only, and was able to download it again on my Mac for free when it became available.

What I'm asking is if its the same case on Telltale, and if there will be another DVD-ROM release for Mac users.
  • edited October 2010
    Games purchased from the Telltale site are the same. If you buy it on PC, you have it on Mac too.

There has been no talk of doing another DVD with the Mac versions but who knows?
    ________
    Yamaha R15 picture
Sign in to comment in this discussion.