Does Sam & Max Season 2 on Telltale include the Mac version?

edited December 2010 in Sam & Max
I'm planning to get all three S&M seasons during the Meet The Players sale, either on Steam (if Telltale bring the deal to it! :D) or on Telltale (if they don't). However, I noticed the second season only has PC system requirements and no Apple icon, suggesting it may be PC-only. But, the second season is available for Mac on Steam.

Does the second season on Telltale's website include the Mac OS X version? I'm planning to get a Mac soon, so having the Mac version as well would be great.

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Yes.
  • edited October 2010
    Yes it does, only the first season doesn't AFAIK.
  • edited October 2010
    Yes, season 2 is on MAC as well. Only Strong Bad, Wallace & Gromit and the first season of Sam & Max are PC only. Also the Bone games and Telltale Texas Hold'em I think.
  • edited October 2010
    Oh. Yay! Now I'm even more torn between waiting for such a sale on Steam or picking these up on TT. (I don't like having my games scattered across the net, bound to multiple accounts)
  • edited October 2010
    Oh. Yay! Now I'm even more torn between waiting for such a sale on Steam or picking these up on TT. (I don't like having my games scattered across the net, bound to multiple accounts)

If you want the DVDs too order here. If not wait for a deal on steam. The TTG-everything pack on steam will be criminally cheap in the christmas sale again.
  • edited October 2010
    Although I suspect the S2 DVD won't have the Mac versions on it, unless they've pressed a new disc recently. But the Mac versions are available for download.
  • edited October 2010
    am (extremely) new to sam and max---i quickly became addicted, though. just wondering if anyone knows of any even-remote possibility that season one will ever be released for mac?
  • edited October 2010
    umm? wrote: »
    am (extremely) new to sam and max---i quickly became addicted, though. just wondering if anyone knows of any even-remote possibility that season one will ever be released for mac?

It's possible, but I wouldn't waste my time waiting for a port that may or may not happen.

Do you have a Wii or an Xbox 360? The first season's available for both of those, in case you don't have a PC.
  • edited October 2010
    no, but have been thinking about xbox. :) maybe it's time to get one.
  • edited October 2010
    Molokov wrote: »
    Although I suspect the S2 DVD won't have the Mac versions on it, unless they've pressed a new disc recently. But the Mac versions are available for download.

I just received the S2 DVD last week and the back only lists PC requirements, unlike the TOMI DVD. Haven't opened it yet (just finishing up episode 205), but it's probably PC-only.
  • edited October 2010
    If you get the discs, the S2 games won't work, but the DVD content will. Only the online versions of the games will work on Mac. And it works great!
  • edited November 2010
    I just bought the sam and max bundle pack. All three seasons in one purchase. It was on 50% sale, and I thought three season for 25$ was a great deal. I still think it's a pretty good deal even though I've discovered that season one is only playable on the PC.

I don't HAVE a PC!!! Will I still be able to enjoy the games even if I skip season one and start immediately with season 2? Or should I borrow a PC laptop from someone/somewhere and play season one regardless of the inconvenience?

Are there any plans as yet to release season one on a mac?
  • edited November 2010
    alwayseasy wrote: »
    I just bought the sam and max bundle pack. All three seasons in one purchase. It was on 50% sale, and I thought three season for 25$ was a great deal. I still think it's a pretty good deal even though I've discovered that season one is only playable on the PC.

I don't HAVE a PC!!! Will I still be able to enjoy the games even if I skip season one and start immediately with season 2? Or should I borrow a PC laptop from someone/somewhere and play season one regardless of the inconvenience?

Are there any plans as yet to release season one on a mac?

Plans? Yes. TT said that thy plan to do it. But it's more a matter of when. I borrowed a friends laptop, but I knida want it on my own computer. If you have a dualboot Mac with Windows, it will work just fine, too.
  • edited December 2010
    any ideas when Seasons 1 and 2 comes out for PS3????
    (while PC / MAC players gets the whole season 1-3 except for MAC they dont get season 1 ) does PS3 players will get only Season 3??? while PC and other platforms get it and PS3 doesnt =( .. BTW i dont have 360 (never gonna get it) i have the wii (wont get S1 becuase S2 butchered it with lags and glitches and alot of slowdowns) PC ( dont have steam and i dont know how to buy a game from online) (with out the credit card !!!)
  • edited December 2010
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    any ideas when Seasons 1 and 2 comes out for PS3????
    (while PC / MAC players gets the whole season 1-3 except for MAC they dont get season 1 ) does PS3 players will get only Season 3??? while PC and other platforms get it and PS3 doesnt =( .. BTW i dont have 360 (never gonna get it) i have the wii (wont get S1 becuase S2 butchered it with lags and glitches and alot of slowdowns) PC ( dont have steam and i dont know how to buy a game from online) (with out the credit card !!!)

Well, TellTale are a PC Gaming company, porting to MAC is one of the quickest things they can do as long as the game engine supports it (Which is why Season 1 isn't on Mac as far I know as it uses an earlier build of the engine which hasn't been ported to MAC yet).

Their PS3 engine only came around last year, which fell in line with the upcoming Sam & Max Season 3, so they were able to test the waters with that and see how Sony would treat them, which actually worked well considering they quickly released Tales of Monkey Island on the PS3 soon after.

But now, the PS3 side of it is being worked on with Back to the Future, so it's best to assume Telltale will be busy with that first before going back and porting other games to PS3*.

*Although is Poker Night is anything to go buy, the voice actor for Strong Bad has recorded lines for a Tutorial Version for the PS3, so perhaps a PS3 version of Strong Bad will appear soon?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.