Comments

• edited October 2010
    Vivek wrote: »

So rad! I hope they make a Hoverboard prop, much like the P.K.E. meter they are producing for their Ghostbusters line.
  • edited October 2010
    So rad! I hope they make a Hoverboard prop, much like the P.K.E. meter they are producing for their Ghostbusters line.

I would buy that the day it came out.
  • edited October 2010
    This is wonderful news!

I've always wanted a Doc Brown figure with kung-fu grip! ;)
  • edited October 2010
    This is really cool news. I bought one of the Ghostbusters figure subscriptions next year to MattyCollector so I wouldn't have to worry with all the server problems on release days. Now it looks like I will have to fight it anyway. Oh well - a chance I will take.

And hoverboard prop nothing! They've got 4 years to get me a real one! ;)
  • edited October 2010
    This is really cool news. I bought one of the Ghostbusters figure subscriptions next year to MattyCollector so I wouldn't have to worry with all the server problems on release days. Now it looks like I will have to fight it anyway. Oh well - a chance I will take.

I was thinking about subscribing to that Ghostbusters thing but when I found out that this year's 'exclusive' figure was just a repainted Ray I decided not to. Meh.
  • edited October 2010
    Yeah - a repaint didn't knock my socks off, but I knew I would probably pick it up anyway to have a "complete" collection, I went ahead and signed up. However if the 3 still unannounced figures for 2011 are all just repaints, I'll have to really consider dropping the subscription for 2012.
  • edited October 2010

Can you send me a link to this? I just realized I don't have any ghost busters figures and that is unacceptable.
  • edited October 2010
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    Can you send me a link to this? I just realized I don't have any ghost busters figures and that is unacceptable.

Done.
  • edited October 2010
    Took them over 25 friggin years to make them action figurines? For the love of god ... WHAT TOOK SO DAMN LONG! And where is my BTTF cereal? anyone? even TMNT had green goopy milk! :-D
  • edited October 2010
    Took them over 25 friggin years to make them action figurines? For the love of god ... WHAT TOOK SO DAMN LONG!

Possible answer? The lack of likeness rights from MJF.
  • edited December 2010
    It's too bad Mattel sucks at making good action figures.
    I'd take Hasbro over Mattel any day. 3 3/4" Marty with a hover board and G.I. Joe articulation would rock.

But you know what? If Mattel even attempts a DeLorean that transforms into a suitcase everything would be alright.
  • edited December 2010

What what what? They're making a P.K.E. meter?! And yes, I would so buy a hoverboard as well.
  • edited December 2010
    There are some awesome BTTF mini-mate figures that have been out for awhile.
  • edited December 2010
    It's too bad Mattel sucks at making good action figures.
    I'd take Hasbro over Mattel any day. 3 3/4" Marty with a hover board and G.I. Joe articulation would rock.

But you know what? If Mattel even attempts a DeLorean that transforms into a suitcase everything would be alright.

Quality control issues aside, their Masters of the Universe stuff isn't too bad.

Wonder if they'll get the Four Horsemen to sculpt any of them. That'd be sweet.
  • edited December 2010
    If these figures are anything like the Ghostbusters ones, they'll look great.

And I bought a PKE the day it was available, and good thing too. Already sold out...that bodes well for ghost traps and proton packs in the possible future.
  • edited December 2010
    Has anyone ever made a faux hoverboard? You could make one by using an electromagnetic plate, then using a gyroscope to distribute the e.m. on the board to keep it stable even if you push on it. Of course, you couldn't stand on it, but it would be cool to see a board floating over a magnetic plate, and you could move it as much as you want and it would still be stable.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, Benito, 20 years ago, a friend of mine's older brother made a "hover board" out of the "board" part of a skateboard which had its wheels taken off for a custom skateboard. The bottom was basically nothing more but kitchen magnets taped onto the bottom of the board using packaging tape. Didn't really work though. LOL
  • edited December 2010
    Rusty0918 wrote: »
    Well, Benito, 20 years ago, a friend of mine's older brother made a "hover board" out of the "board" part of a skateboard which had its wheels taken off for a custom skateboard. The bottom was basically nothing more but kitchen magnets taped onto the bottom of the board using packaging tape. Didn't really work though. LOL

Well it looks like someone's already done it, though they used lasers instead of a gyroscope to determine position (meaning it wouldn't be portable).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNX1hTEI_W8
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010
    I'll give my left hand for a good Doc Brown action figure. But, REALLY GOOD. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    http://popculturenetwork.com/article.php?story=2010113022275779
    4) Recently it was stated that if Castle Grayskull were to be produced, it would be quite expensive. However, what about other iconic, large scale pieces for other lines? Specifically, what would the cost be on an Ecto-1 for the GB line or a Delorean for the upcoming BttF line? Are these possible?

Also very unlikely due to the high tooling costs. While there is a very vocal group of fans asking for these executions, the cost and logistics involved do not always justify the limited sales we would make. While all are cool ideas and things we would “love” to do, there is just not a large enough customer base yet for larger playsets or vehicles in 6-inch scale. Maybe one day. (This doesn’t just apply to collector lines either, you will notice very few larger 6-inch scale vehicles or playsets out for mass market lines too. These items are just too expensive to make and they don’t sell well enough to justify the tooling and logistics involved).

I feel there is going to be a compromise either ways. If they go with 6" scale figures, we will have good likeness sculpts, but can't really expect them to mass manufacture playsets and vehicles in 1:6 scale. (Though I would surely buy them in any scale).

If they go with a smaller scale like 3.75" similar to the vintage design of action figures which are still popular, we could very well have vehicles, playsets, dioramas etc. But those small figures can't really do full justice to the likeness on such a small scale face. They might be great for playing and various display options due to their articulation, but I would prefer a larger recognizable face sculpt for display purpose with at least some articulation.

http://www.kittyspryde.com/?p=4852
    3) Have Michael J Fox & Christopher Lloyd agreed to the use of their likenesses for the “Back to the Future” line?
    Yes. But currently they are the only talent we have rights to use.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.