DVD bonus content (problems)

I just received my Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition and the Wallace & Gromit DVD, and I was surprised to find that I couldn't access the bonus content on a regular DVD player(like the 2 first seasons of Sam & Max on DVD) as no menu appeared (only a random concept art gallery). Also I was unable to access the bonus content on my laptop by trying to open the DVD in VLC media player (I got an error message).

Is there something wrong with my discs or did Telltale just decide to skip the bonus content menu?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    They couldn't find a way to implement DVD bonus content on a disc that has both PC and Mac versions on it.
  • edited October 2010
    They couldn't find a way to implement DVD bonus content on a disc that has both PC and Mac versions on it.

Too bad. Why couldn't they just have made a 2 disc set or something? I feel that ruins much of the value of having a physical copy of the game.

So if I install the game will I then be able to access a bonus content menu or do I have to go searching through the folders on the disc?
  • edited October 2010
    Copy the "Goodies" folder to your computer. There is no DRM on the extras, so you can copy them to your computer and watch them without any problems.
  • edited October 2010
    Copy the "Goodies" folder to your computer. There is no DRM on the extras, so you can copy them to your computer and watch them without any problems.

thanks for the tip. I will try that.

Still seems like a missed opportunity though
  • edited October 2010
    digression wrote: »
    thanks for the tip. I will try that.

Still seems like a missed opportunity though

Look at it this way, by having the files not apart of a DVD Video, you actually get much higher resolution artwork, and there's lots of it!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.