Ep1 is Unrelated that i know of now!

edited February 2007 in Sam & Max
Ep1 seems Unrelated to anything on the Toy MAfia story!
Any find that confuseing or annoying?:confused:

Comments

• edited January 2007
    ... it was an intro to the story.

Just because Episode 4 of Star Wars didn't mention Endor, doesn't mean it didn't exist the whole time.
  • edited January 2007
    But there has to be some connection: after all, Brady Culture had that whole hypnotism thing going.

Perhaps Brady had some connections to the Toy Mafia...
  • edited January 2007
    They're individual episodes. Much like in a TV show, the events in one episode may connect to another, or they may not. Depends entirely on the whims of the writers.
  • edited January 2007
    Personally, I have some opinions about Brady Culture.

They are spoilers, however, so be warned.
    Brady culture was probably hypnotized by whoever has gotten the Toy Mafia to produce hypno-bears. They also hired the Toy Mafia to produce Hypno-bears, one of which went to Myra. This is probably a part of a massive plan to hypnotize many important people in the world. (Myra, Culture, the Soda Poppers, etc). And of course many other people will get dragged in as well.
  • edited January 2007
    OOOOOOOOOR...
    Brady Culture was a hack villian like he is portrayed in Episode 1 and wanted to make a name for himself LIKE the Toy Mafia and somehow got a hold of said hypno technology that they have, which the Toy Mafia probably got from another source we'll find out in Episode 4.

That being said...
    I hope that Reality 2.0 involves a MMORPG that has hypnotized their players, a la .hack// where a character in the MMORPG is capable of causing players to go into a comatosed state via the VR Headgear.
  • edited February 2007
    Someone obviously never paid attention at the end of the episodes. Culture Shock blatantly segued into Situation:Comedy by having a hypnotised Myra appear on TV, whilst Situation:Comedy pretty much ended with the hypnobear in full focus.

USE YOUR BRAIN!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    That's right, but what people are saying is that other than Myra being on TV at the end of Culture Shock, there isn't necessarily a line you can draw between Brady and Myra, whereas Myra's bear said "from your friends in the Toy Mafia" on it, or something similar. So, how is Brady connected (if he is at all)?
  • edited February 2007
    Ahh, but is there necessarily a real connection? Of course, you know the answer, so me posing it to you is silly really.
  • edited February 2007
    I see the brady culture case like a small scene or whatever that happens before the opening intro of a movie or a TV show. I believe there is a connection with the hypo device, but other than that, unless telltalegames makes a one line dialogue reference to culture like say such and such says something about culture acquiring the hypo device, I think it is up to the players to decide how Culture got ahold of the machine.
  • edited February 2007
    I think I found a connection that may or may not be significant to the rest of the overall plot.
    Watch Brady Culture's bio Easter Egg, and it meantions that he was in Prismatology for a while. Who do we know that dabbles in Prismatology? Hugh Bliss! Who was the only one not affected by Culture's hypnosis? Max, right? And Max is strangely star struck by Hugh Bliss, who apparently was the only one no held captive as a guest on Myra! despite his line saying that he is a guest.

Suddenly, I'm starting to not trust this demented little character. I wonder if this connection will hold true in Episode 3, or even if I'll notice it.
  • edited February 2007
    Hm... Pretty far-fetched, but not far-fetched enough not to be the case. You could be onto something here.
    Some nitpicks though:
    For starters, Hugh merely said that he was to be a guest, not that he had already been one. Also, why would Hugh make Max immune to hypnosis when every plot he's masterminding involves it? That would serve no other purpose than to ruin things for him.
  • edited February 2007
    Max is immune to hypnosis because his brain doesn't function like anyone elses. Whether it's his unique lagomorph physiology or just the fact that he's a homicidal demented rabbity thing that packs a luger, we may never know.
  • edited February 2007
    There are reasons I believe
    hugh is pulling the strings

In ep 1, we see the commerical for his book about primitalogy where it helps ppl to be happy from depression and whatever forever. Sounds familar? Try scientology. He reminds me of L Ron Hebberb. Furthermore, Bliss seems to try to force ppl like Sam and Max to get his books like how Brady Culture tried to force ppl to take his videos. Both are free. Coincidence?

Another thing is that Myra, Culture, and the Soda Poppers are cebelerties. In scientalogy, they have a lot of members who are celebrities, mainly because they are treated differently. I wouldn't be suprise if Culture and Myra are prismtalogist.

There is a saying that goes: "it is always the person you least expect."
Sign in to comment in this discussion.