CSI-3 Dimensions of murder - graphics problem.

Hello.

Buyed this game today. Installed... worked fine.
But have a little problem - cannot set graphics quality to high :|
If clicked, view is refreshed and level is set to medium.

Comp. spec.
cpu: amd 64 x2 3800+
memory: 2gb ddr
graphics: geforce 7900gtx 512Mb
lots of space and etc...

Thanks,
Andres

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Hmm... the game certainly should run on high quality with those specs. I think the problem is that the card is too new. The game tries to autodetect what settings your card can handle, but it doesn't seem to be doing a very good job!

I think replacing the prefs.prop file in your CSI3 game folder will do the trick. Just overwrite the one that's in there with the one attached here. (Unzip it first!)

Please let us know if this fixes it.
  • edited February 2007
    Hey Emily.

Thanks for the fast response. Replaced the prefs.prop file, but no changes.

Andres
    Emily wrote: »
    Hmm... the game certainly should run on high quality with those specs. I think the problem is that the card is too new. The game tries to autodetect what settings your card can handle, but it doesn't seem to be doing a very good job!

I think replacing the prefs.prop file in your CSI3 game folder will do the trick. Just overwrite the one that's in there with the one attached here. (Unzip it first!)

Please let us know if this fixes it.
  • edited February 2007
    a fix for this problem?

Thank you,
    Andres
  • edited February 2007
    I am having this same issue. Clicking on "High" for graphics options does not work. I can switch between "Low" and "Medium" but the "High" button won't ever light up.

I have:

CPU: Intel P4 3.2 GHz
    Ram: 2 Gigabytes
    Video: GeForce 7800 GT 512 RAM

Windows Vista Ultimate.
    edited February 2007
    Hi guys,

The problem is apparently that the auto-detect feature on the game doesn't recognize your video cards as being capable of the high graphics because they're too new.

Other than the fix I suggested above (which apparently didn't work :(), I'm not sure we can do anything about it.
  • edited April 2007
    Hi Everyone.
    I Have A problem With Game Resolution.
    My Resolution is 800x600 and There Is No Option For Change It!
    Please Somebody Tell Me How Can I Change My Resolution In The Game?
    Thanks.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    As far as I know, CSI3 only runs at 800x600! We started supporting multiple resolutions with Sam & Max, and that will carry to CSI: Hard Evidence, but 3 Dimensions of Murder is an 800x600 game.
  • edited May 2007
    I am having the same problem. I can not choose high settings in the game on vista ult. I can get high settings on xp pro x64. I have a 7800gtx, maby it is an nvidia vista driver prob?
  • edited May 2007
    I can't see anything obvious to tell me whether my laptop should be capable of supporting the "high" quality or not - but the medium quality works really smoothly and it would be nice to give it a go.

CPU: Intel Centrino 2GHz
    Ram: 2 Gb
    Video: GeForce 6800 Go (256Mb)

(Not to worried about actually hearing about a fix - the game looks good enough on medium and I just finished it last night - but thought I'd throw these specs into the mix too)
    edited June 2007
    Glad the game looked okay for you on medium, at least.

I actually had a similar problem recently when I installed the Sims 2 Seasons expansion pack. My video card is decent enough and had been running the game on medium to high settings, and suddenly I wasn't allowed to default past the low settings. It was annoying (and I did ultimately find a fix on a forum), but it also made me feel a little better to know other games out there have the same type of issue. :p

It is interesting that you're all using Vista and Nvidia cards. Maybe this is a Vista/driver issue, and is not due to the problem I thought originally (which would be why the suggested workaround didn't work...)
  • edited June 2007
    Hi, I have a problem, I just bought the game, installed it and:

The first letter of every word is missing or I have a : instead + it is hard to read everything else, in the game I have a very very very bad graphics, it means that I almost can not see the game. My graphics quality is on High.

What can bee the problem?

THX in advance Szeky

Intel Celeron 2.8 GHz
    ATI Radeon 9600
    Win Xp Pro
  • edited June 2007
    odd this seems it should be an easy patch fix to make the autodetect run as an option instead of automatically. Most games have config fixes.. take black and white for example.. part 2 wouldnt run on a 7950gx2 still doesnt run right.. but you can alter the settings in the config so you can at least have the card seen. Dunno here though. Still seems there should be a way.
    I do know of one way but.. its alot of work :P just simply get VMWare and run a 98 SE box with emulated hardware :P I use it for alot of the 95/98 games around the time of the full motion video, those games hate xp... dont even mention vista :P

Vpc or vmware with a 98box emulated audio and video should trick the sucker.. but I havent tested it, ill get back to you on it :P
  • edited October 2007
    Hi everybody!
    If you are ATI card owner, and can't switch the graphic to high, start Catalyst Control Center, and let the cli.exe run in behind. This solve the problem.
  • edited August 2010
    So.. theres NO fix then?
  • Please, I need this fix. Game work only low settings

Emily posted: »

Hi guys, The problem is apparently that the auto-detect feature on the game doesn't recognize your video cards as being capable of the high g

Sign in to comment in this discussion.