No 360?

edited October 2010 in Back to the Future
i think you guys are really going to miss a lot of consumers not releasing on the 360.

while I own a ps3, 360, wii and PC, my pc is for work only. I had too many games crash my system and after upgrading my gaming rig for the umpteenth time for yet another new game / update I finally swore of PC gaming. I mean I spent like 10k over 3 years on new hardware / systems not counting the price for a separate rig for work and all the time lost tweaking each game or hardware to squeeze out the best FPS and PQ.

As much as I like sony games, multi console games on the 360 tend to be better so my PS3 is my blue ray player save for a few select games like uncharted, little big planet, etc. Dont get me wrong I like the system but the online component is meh.

The majority of my game time is dedicated to my 360 since everyone I know plays on it and I can always find active game rooms. I think you guys will be really missing a huge install base here and I would imagine, most gamers like myself, would opt for the 360 version (a fact that is backed by sales figures) if giving a choice between all platforms.

Let's face it and as your price suggest, BTTF is not going to be a Modern Warfare or Grand Theft Auto (in terms of size or re-playability) type of game. Most likely, BTTF will be a game I play in between games and since 98% of my time is spent on my 360, I'm not going to want to go through the hassle of changing systems mid play when I want a break from something else. I'd rather go to my downloads and select something.

even though I own all systems, a good PC and being a HUGE BTTF fan I'm not going to be playing BTTF unless it hits the 360. =(

Comments

• edited October 2010
    You spent 10 K on a computer?

I spend 1 K for a computer and I can run everything maxed.

So major fail.
  • edited October 2010
    Most likely the game will sell enough that TT will package the season (when it's complete) as an XBLA release with all five episodes for $20 like Sam & Max season 1 and 2 (I hope season 3 gets announced soon). I'd expect to hear about it summer or fall of next year.
  • edited October 2010
    Of the three downloadable gaming services for consoles, PSN is the easiest for Telltale's episodic format.

XBLA has a much slower approval process for third-party games. I believe with Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures, the first episode was released on XBLA about two months after the PC release. And then they didn't release the other three episodes until November, four months after the series had finished on the PC.

WiiWare has a slow approval process as well. With Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (Telltale's first episodic game planned for a console release), Telltale decided to release the PC and WiiWare versions on the same day. Of course, Nintendo approves third-party games at their own pace. Because Telltale decided to withhold the PC versions until they could release them on the Wii as well, SBCG4AP as a whole got delayed two months, and Baddest of the Bands almost wasn't released on time. They still managed to release one episode a month, but if they tried that again they might not be so lucky. You'll notice that every series since never bothered to release the PC and console versions at the same time. There's also the fact that WiiWare games have a 40 MB size limit (as opposed to the 2 GB of PSN and XBLA). This led to the WiiWare version of Tales of Monkey Island being toned down.

I do hope Telltale doesn't just ignore the other consoles (especially since my computer's awful and I don't own a PS3), but I can understand why they're showing some favoritism.
  • edited October 2010
    +1. My PC was built back in 2001, I'm not a big computer person, so I know it hasn't been upgraded, and it runs slower than Christmas. My laptop is for work only. That leaves me with a 360 and a first generation PS2. (I missed the first release of the PS3 and absolutely refuse to buy one until they bring back the backwards compatibility!)

So now, I've been following this game, am a huge BTTF fan, remember being told it was coming to "all major platforms" in the first press release, only for it to appear now that I won't be able to play it.

Frustrated newbie rant over. Glad someone started a thread about this though.
  • edited October 2010
    just release the collector's edition on the 360 simple
  • edited October 2010
    no, you nub. i spent 10k over 3 years on multiple systems <---- PAY TENSION!.

this was about 5 years ago and prices / market where in a different place. I had to upgrade EVERYTHING from 1 graphic card to the next, motherboard, hard drive, video card etc as the slots would change to stay on top of the frame per second game.

then having to have a work and game pc.

thanks for playing though, better luck next time.
    Darkenmal wrote: »
    You spent 10 K on a computer?

I spend 1 K for a computer and I can run everything maxed.

So major fail.
  • edited October 2010
    I paid $800 four years ago and only now am feeling a desire to upgrade, even counting major games.
  • edited October 2010
    Maverik wrote: »
    PAY TENSION!

How would one go about doing that? :confused:
  • edited October 2010
    while I own a ps3, 360, wii and PC, my pc is for work only. I had too many games crash my system ...

ever heard about that? why buying two pcs when you can do all the stuff you want with just ONE?
    and it doesnt matter at all if you f*ck up your gaming os, cause your work-os still boots. amazing, huh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi_boot
    even though I own all systems, a good PC and being a HUGE BTTF fan I'm not going to be playing BTTF unless it hits the 360. =(

i dont care.
  • edited October 2010
    A little too much flaming going on in here. Closing the thread. That said, we currently have no plans to release Back to the Future: The Game on the Xbox 360 or Wii platforms.
This discussion has been closed.