german translation finished

read this:
Tales of Monkey Island - Deutsche Version erreicht Goldstatus Die Arbeiten an der deutschen Version des Adventures Tales of Monkey Island wurden abgeschlossen.

Die Arbeiten an der deutschen Version der Adventure-Staffel Tales of Monkey Island wurden vor kurzem abgeschlossen. Das hat der Publisher Daedalic Entertainment heute im Rahmen einer offiziellen Pressemeldung verkündet. Somit dürfte einer pünktlichen Veröffentlichung am 9. November 2010 nichts mehr im Wege stehen.

Für dide Lokalisierung von Tales of Monkey Island Daedalic Entertainment unter anderem Norman Matt engagiert. Dieser hat dem Piraten Guybrush Threepwood bereits in früheren Spielen der Monkey Island-Sage seine (deutsche) Stimme geliehen.

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/tales-of-monkey-island-season-1/news/tales_of_monkey_island,45993,2318805.html

will the german language come for the steam buyer too or have i to to buy the game again.

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2010
    Yes, you will have to buy it again if you want to play in German.
  • edited October 2010
    can a telltale worker please confirm this. thats a bad news!
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited October 2010
    The German version is released by Daedalic Entertainment and has nothing to do with Telltale Games.
    Obviously, Daedalic needs to recoup their investment (translation costs and probable licensing fees) and has no reason to make the German version free for people who bought the game from Telltale (or Steam).
  • edited October 2010
    hanschke wrote: »
    can a telltale worker please confirm this. thats a bad news!

No one from Telltale has to confirm this... it's fact.
  • edited October 2010
    MacFly77 is correct. The German version is a publishing deal with Daedalic for German retail, not a direct Telltale product and so will not be part of our Steam collections.

Also, please be patient with us when it comes to replying to forum posts. I am managing 4 projects right now (and no, I can't tell you what they are) so I'm not on the forums much. In general things are extremely hectic in the office right now so as much as we'd love to chat all day, I think we'd all prefer we ship some games.
    ________
    Honda NX650 Dominator picture
  • edited November 2010
    but they got the game from you so do a upgrade price to get the sound files to the steamrelease
  • edited November 2010
    hanschke wrote: »
    but they got the game from you so do a upgrade price to get the sound files to the steamrelease

But nothing. Sorry mate. I'm curious how well it was done. I think I'm going to look it up on youtube.

What I've found so far isn't really that great. I'd really go with the sub versions out there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFT7CJW4TSE&feature=related

Some of the foreign movies I watch are a lot better that way, and you still get the expression emotions, behind something, even though you're just reading subs.

These don't sound like professional translations, they seem heartless. But I could be wrong.
  • edited November 2010
    The first audio clips have been released:

http://www.adventure-treff.de/files/audio/tomi_soundfiles.zip
  • edited November 2010

That's way better so far. The stuff on youtube has not been very dramatic.
  • edited November 2010

Norman Matt is doing a great job, as with the last two, I also like the Voodoo lady. Not a fan of whoever they took for LeChuck, Elaine and Morgan though :(
  • edited November 2010
    German trailer is online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrJC-35YtMo
  • edited November 2010
    Which rasies the question... Was the Night of the raving dead translated in German yet?
  • edited November 2010

Wow, I have to say the voices work a LOT better with the video. Awesome stuff, and Norman Matt works really well with this Guybrush. There's just some very clumsy translations that I have noticed which try to stick way too close to the English wording of things and then sound ridiculous when translated 1:1, but meh.
    Who knows I might just get this.
  • edited November 2010
    Amazon is to ship my copy today. I saw even more enjoyable game play scenes on YouTube yesterday - can't wait!!
  • edited November 2010
    Went straight to my local gamestore after school xD Already went through the nice concept arts, installing now. I'm excited to hear everyone.
  • edited November 2010
    BTW, besides the strangely missing TT announcements about it, 25.000 copies of Deutsche version of Tales Of Monkey Island was already ordered by Deadalic's commercial partners. This means that it is the Deadalic's most important release ever.
  • edited November 2010
    BTW, besides the strangely missing TT announcements about it, 25.000 copies of Deutsche version of Tales Of Monkey Island was already ordered by Deadalic's commercial partners. This means that it is the Deadalic's most important release ever.

Wow! I wonder if they'll manage to sell all those copies. The release isn't related to our Italian market, but I would be glad to see Deadalic getting good feedback anyway. They are very important in the adventure game scene (see The Whispered World, A New Beginning, Edna Breaks Out). ;)
  • edited November 2010
    What about an Italian version?
  • edited November 2010
    Seems that it was a good deal for Deadalic,
    so what about localize MI1 and MI2 Special Edition now :rolleyes:
  • edited December 2010
    So what about an Language Update form ToMI now?
    Would it be released?
    I mean, for example, the German VErsion of the Game is finshed so it would be nice if an Update on Steam or whereever would be relased.
  • edited January 2011
    I guess there won't be an upgrade / update with language-packs or something. Too bad for Mac-Users who would love to play ToMI without using Bootcamp / VMWare. =/
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2011
    So what about an Language Update form ToMI now?
    Would it be released?
    I mean, for example, the German VErsion of the Game is finshed so it would be nice if an Update on Steam or whereever would be relased.

For the last time: The German translation was done by Daedalic Entertainment, and the German game was published by them as a retail box. They won't ever put their translation "on Steam" for free, as this would do nothing but seriously endanger their sales of the German retail box.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.