Deluxe Edition back?

So, the Deluxe Edition is being listed in the store again. Is it going to be coming back, and will it still be offered at a discount for the people who already own the full season?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I want to know too... I don't want to order the Deluxe Edition and end up confused for months about what's going on <_<... is it definitely in stock now?
  • edited November 2010
    Anyone know if the Deluxe Edition is actually shipping?
  • edited November 2010
    I'll let you know when it arrives, I ordered it over a week ago and the status now says that it's shipped.
  • edited November 2010
    Oooh, sounds good then.
  • edited November 2010
    And it arrived today! Interesting thing is that the map is slightly different to the one I received months ago! The original was a more Yellow-Brown tint to it, where as the new print I got today, the map has a more grennish-lime tint to it and looks slightly less sharp than the original.
  • edited November 2010
    Could someone from Telltale confirm what the status of the Deluxe Edition is? When placing an order for it, I see these messages at various points:

"Expected ship date: Spring 2010"

"Please note that your order contains some backordered items and will not ship until all items are in stock."

So the item is not in stock but will get to me six months before I ordered it? I know Telltale are good yet I question the implied mastery of temporal engineering.
  • edited December 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    ...and looks slightly less sharp than the original.

Ok...you're scaring me now...

Also,
    Could someone from Telltale confirm what the status of the Deluxe Edition is? When placing an order for it, I see these messages at various points:

"Expected ship date: Spring 2010"

"Please note that your order contains some backordered items and will not ship until all items are in stock."

So the item is not in stock but will get to me six months before I ordered it? I know Telltale are good yet I question the implied mastery of temporal engineering.

I ordered mine 7 days ago (on Thanksgiving and after that was weekend so take away 3 days) and it shipped normally today, on the third work day after the order was placed....
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks, tm_drummer. Good to know orders for it are actually being processed. Wonder why the various texts are not kept up to date? :confused:
  • edited December 2010
    Don't know...mine was quite fine... :/

Try contacting them via support@telltalegames.com.
  • edited December 2010
    Mine said it was back ordered, I believe it was the original message for when people ordered it before it was available, but it quickly changed to Shipped.
  • edited December 2010
    Anyone here had to wait for their package for more than 2 weeks? I'm starting to freak out slightly here...my Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition still didn't arrive... :(
  • edited December 2010
    tm_drummer wrote: »
    Anyone here had to wait for their package for more than 2 weeks? I'm starting to freak out slightly here...my Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition still didn't arrive... :(

International Orders can take up to 6 weeks to arrive. Also, it might be worth checking your local customs office as once it arrives there, it's in their hands.
  • edited December 2010
    I heard customs like to remove metal bits so do not be surprised if the button or the coin is missing..
  • edited December 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I heard customs like to remove metal bits so do not be surprised if the button or the coin is missing..

Wow, that truly would suck. I thought that the coin was one of the best bits, especially seeing as how I'm one of those strange people who actually likes to collect coins.
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah the coin is my favorite thing in there too.
  • edited December 2010
    International Orders can take up to 6 weeks to arrive. Also, it might be worth checking your local customs office as once it arrives there, it's in their hands.

Ok...I'll try to contact them and see if there's a holdup there...thanks.
    Irishmile wrote: »

Yeah, I've heard about something like that...one of my...co-writers at Cultural Zest didn't get the button at first...well, I just hope everything will be there when I get it....(also, not getting the coin would be even worse than not getting the button...I think)
  • edited December 2010
    Seriously about the customs? :confused: That would be stealing, plain and simple.
  • edited December 2010
    And the package finally arrived safely today! Nothing is missing, it's all there. :)
  • edited December 2010
    Any idea of an approx time its meant to take to ship to the UK? Not sure I can wait 6 weeks....
  • edited December 2010
    Well, it certainly won't last 6 weeks...Croatia is a little further than UK and it didn't ACTUALLY take 6 weeks...it took 20 days for Tales of MI Deluxe Edition...and that was the longest so far...previous packages I ordered over the last year, arrived after about 10 days at most.
  • edited December 2010
    I got my Deluxe Edition yesterday :D
  • edited January 2011
    Is this item still in stock guys? Thanks, Lea x
  • edited January 2011
    I placed my order on 3 December and it finally arrived a couple of days ago. Although it was easily the longest wait I have had with Telltale, I do not mean to complain much - the package is now here and it was well worth the wait.

And yes, all items present and accounted for - including the lovely coin! Thanks, Telltale. :)

P.S. I admit the map (although very nice indeed) seemed a bit empty somehow. It would probably have benefited from having the island names printed on it.
  • edited January 2011
    **edit** nevermind.

and thanks for not answering my question :p Telltale Helped me! :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.