What's with the German voice actors?

edited November 2010 in Back to the Future
Hey there!
Love to hear that you got such great voice actors for the english version of the game.
Now my question: Do you plan to have german voices, too? And if, any plans to get the original dubbers for that? (Sven Hasper & Lutz Mackensy)

Thanks! :)

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2010
    As with all of Telltale's games, there are no initial plans to have the game dubbed in any language. You may place your hopes on Daedalic Entertainment to get this translated and dubbed - the success of their present ToMI translated box set will probably be a good indication whether this might actually happen. If it does, which is unsure, it will likely be 2012 or very late 2011, and could not be done without Hasper and Mackensy. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Well, this is not a general question, but i ask it anyway!

i cant believe this sh*t myself, but i have to ask:

Please Telltale, answer this!

Has Telltale already found a german publisher to release this game? If yes, did they already a voice casting???

Cause i found a strange post in the zidz-forum, where someone who "pretends" to be in contact with sven hasper (german voice of marty) quotes an email and in this "mail" hapser states that he had been asked about doing the job, already had an audition, but the money they offered him for doing the job was way below the standard-payment you get for dubbing a game-character.

Please tell me the guy posted this is a jerk and this is all a hoax.

isnt it kind of early to already have found a german publisher? i mean, the games not even released yet???! and they already did a casting?? cooomee ooooon...... this guy cant be serious
  • edited November 2010
    da: http://www.zidz.com/munity_thread.php?BoardID=4&id=2149&showpage=2

weiter unten, von nem 2-beiträge-hanswurst. für mich ziemlich unglaubhaft. möchtegern-email verfassen kann jeder.
    edited November 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    da: http://www.zidz.com/munity_thread.php?BoardID=4&id=2149&showpage=2

weiter unten, von nem 2-beiträge-hanswurst. für mich ziemlich unglaubhaft. möchtegern-email verfassen kann jeder.

Rest assured, that is a bad joke of a fake. If you were a professional voice actor, you'd never share information like that to the general public as it would SERIOUSLY damage your reputation. If you don't get offered enough money, you decline with a smile and forget about it. Secondly, with Hasper's education and job, serious orthography mistakes like mistaking article for conjunction would not happen ("dass/das" and certain other things; Hasper knows how to be articulate). Thirdly, the "Hasper" of the e-mail seems to assume that the German recording sessions were already done (and even TTG hasn't had the last english recording session). If translation was done in parallel to the English version, we'd have an announcement by now. Nothing, including the fact that the poster only posted twice, points towards authenticity. Don't waste sleep over this. ;)

/edit: My apologies to this poster. Seems like his information was absolutely accurate. Gotta buy him a beer or something. :(
  • edited November 2010
    quoted you at zidz, i have to get this out of their heads. :D
  • edited November 2010
    That's OK. It's a cute poster, nonetheless. Strolls into that forum with his supposed "bomb" of new information, but only casually mentions it in his first post, desperately hoping that someone would inquire further, although he registered exclusively to post this. It's cute, somehow. But back to topic. ;)

BTW, Sven Hasper confirmed the info (both to the admin of the BTTF-board and to myself), so there is something very fishy going on here... was it Daedalic? I don't know, and I won't ask him, of course.
    edited November 2010
    BTW, Sven Hasper confirmed the info (both to the admin of the BTTF-board and to myself), so there is something very fishy going on here... was it Daedalic? I don't know, and I won't ask him, of course.

Now there's a trusted source, I'm sorry. If the German translation is already on the schedule, I simply don't get the marketing strategy.

But I do pity the publisher for what will likely happen now, with the fanbase in Germany being just MAD about Hasper and Mackensy.
  • edited November 2010
    oh no, this is bad news. i hope its not atari again, as we all know they f*ucked up s&m2 big time.

but deadalic? they always have good voice actors (norman matt for tomi) and they're making really good games, i cant image they are so stingy that they replace a well-know voice every fan expects just because of money.

hmmm... maybe there's a third possible company we do not know about yet.... *playsxfilesmusic*

edit:@Vainamoinen: is it possible to move the relevant posts into this thread??
    edited November 2010
    Cyphox wrote: »
    edit:@Vainamoinen: is it possible to move the relevant posts into this thread??

Yes, master. :D
  • edited November 2010

sorry for overlooking this thread. could have posted here in the first place. shame on me.
  • edited November 2010
    Correct me if I'm wrong and missing the point here, but the translations wouldn't be that easy, well, if TT wanted to do them properly. It would mean changing the model's face expressions too in relation to the language. No?
  • edited November 2010
    take movies for example, if every movie sync would be properly, they'd have to reshot the whole movie for every single country they're gonna release a translated version.

so no, i dont think changing facial expressions is neccessary or useful at all
  • edited November 2010
    PedsterUK wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong and missing the point here, but the translations wouldn't be that easy, well, if TT wanted to do them properly. It would mean changing the model's face expressions too in relation to the language. No?
    Also, the in-game dialogue uses an automated lip-sync system based on the audio files... so it'll more or less work in any language you throw at it. The hand animated cutscenes, that's another thing. But as Cyphox said, it's not different than dubbing a movie in another language (and Germany is known to have one of the best industries for it... as long as publishers use that talent).
    edited November 2010
    Actual statement from Sven Hasper ( adventuretreff.de ):
    Hallo alle zusammen,

damit ihr euch nicht in wilden Spekulationen verstrickt, hier mal ein paar Anmerkungen von mir.

Ich wurde erst von einem Münchener , dann von einem Berliner Hörspielstudio auf das Spiel angesprochen. Das Berliner Studio bat um ein Probesprechen, das ich gerne gemacht habe, da sich die Stimme in 25 Jahren verändert. Ich habe Glück, dass meine Stimme immer noch sehr jung klingt ( siehe bzw. höre Bibi u. Tina Hörspiele ), so dass man sich für mich entschieden hat. Erst danach bot man mir eine Gage an, die um 50% unterhalb der üblich gezahlten Gage für kleine Spiele lag. Ich habe hier kein MJF-Aufschlag angesetzt !!!
    Nur zum Verständnis : Wir professionellen Sprecher/Schauspieler machen diesen Job, um unsere Familien zu ernähren. Das ist kein Hobby oder Liebhaberei. Natürlich macht jeder von uns auch mal was, ohne dafür Geld zu nehmen, aber unsere Arbeit hat einen Wert und wer sie in Anspruch nehmen will, muss auch bereit sein diesen Wert zu bezahlen.

sven

So lots of things are going on behind the scenes RIGHT NOW... and German translation/dubbing could happen way faster than we all thought. But without Sven Hasper... that doesn't bode well...

Edit: The Publisher in question is NOT Daedalic Entertainment, as Daedalic-Claas has just announced at adventuretreff.de :
    Da wir inzwischen Schmäh-Mails bekommen, wie wir denn könnten, den armen Sprecher von Michael J. Fox quasi dem Hungertod zu überlassen, stell ich hier besser doch mal klar, das wir an der deutschen Lokalisierung von Back to the Future nicht beteiligt sind. Also bitte den Hass woanders hin richten. Danke!
  • edited November 2010
    Okay, according to a post by a deadalic employee on adventure-treff.de forums, Daedalic is NOT responsible for a german version of BTTF.
    edited November 2010
    I was faster! :D
  • edited November 2010
    Come on Guys, Do it on german with Sven Hasper, you earn more money with that.
  • edited November 2010
    I suppose this is the way of the German publisher to cut down the cost. Probably, Telltale should reconsider the distribution terms, as the German dub doesn't seem to be in good hands.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.