Pre-order Forums?

edited November 2010 in Back to the Future
In the past I have had no trouble clicking the link to get to these forums.
However, I pre-ordered Back to the Future at least 2 hours ago and it has never taken this long to get the email with the link. Usually about 5 seconds to 3 minutes after I have paid I have access.

So, what the hell?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Maybe its manual, as in someone needs to upgrade you via the actual forum admin console?
  • edited October 2010
    No, OzzieMonkey said he got the link in his confirmation email...
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited October 2010
    No link in my confirmation e-mail, yet I have full access to the Game Insider Forum.
    Did you try logging out, then back into your Telltale account?
  • edited October 2010
    no link here either. i have access.
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2010
    Once you pre-order, you should automatically get access to the pre-order forum (not via confirmation email).

If Macfly77's suggestion to log out and then log back in doesn't work, please email support@telltalegames.com. They should be able to help you (it may need to wait until the business week begins though).

- Joel
  • edited October 2010
    all right, I shall try that...
    GREAT SCOTT! It worked! I never have to log out/in, so this was unapparent to me...
  • edited October 2010
    all right, I shall try that...
    GREAT SCOTT! It worked! I never have to log out/in, so this was unapparent to me...

Oh whoops, yeah, I just closed out of the website entirely and then went back in, but I think that did it rather than the confirm email. I thought there was a link to the "My Games" section or something. That confused me a little.
  • edited October 2010
    Say, when does the pre-order specials ends?
  • edited November 2010
    I just bought the game, and have no idea where the preorder forums are.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    See anything here?
  • edited November 2010
    See anything here?

No, all i see are the general forums for Back to the Future and Jurassic Park.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    No, all i see are the general forums for Back to the Future and Jurassic Park.

Have you tried logging out & logging back in?
    How long is it since you pre-ordered?
  • edited November 2010
    Have you tried logging out & logging back in?
    How long is it since you pre-ordered?

Yeah, i did but that didn't worked. However i simply closed my browser and opened another one up and it worked. Funny, what reading all the posts can do. LOL Thanks for trying to help me.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, i did but that didn't worked. However i simply closed my browser and opened another one up and it worked. Funny, what reading all the posts can do. LOL Thanks for trying to help me.

Dude you should check your cookie and history/cache settings. Seems that your browser just took a shortcut when reloading the page (=dug it from the cache). Ctrl + F5 forces a proper and thorough reload ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.