First Anniversary of Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 4

edited November 2010 in Tales of Monkey Island
It's been a year ago today when Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 4: The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood was released, and very close to Halloween and All Souls' Day, as I recall. Here's a link to the game script for Chapter 4 that I had created and sent to GameFAQs on June 1. Oh, and I made an improvement on the script for over a week by expanding the storyline dialogue and updated it at the site just two days ago. Be warned, as there are spoilers of triumph and tragedy in this script!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/961262-tales-of-monkey-island-chapter-4-the-trial-and/faqs/60085

Oh, and BTW, once you have read this script, I would like you to pause for a moment of silence... for Morgan LeFlay... and for Guybrush Threepwood.

*plays "Eternal" by P.O.D.*

logo_large.gif
And no, this pic is NOT offensive, as it contains some symbolism behind it, know what I mean?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Ah yes, memories of being totally frustrated that I couldn't figure out how to get any of the six senses. :p And then finishing it and being totally psyched for Chapter 5. :D
  • edited October 2010
    Ahh, how could I forget...the amazing mood of the night chapter #4...
  • edited October 2010
    Yeah, I was still unaware of the time on the night that (to quote the intro in Evita) the soul of Guybrush Threepwood entered immortality in the Crossroads. :(
  • edited October 2010
    Wow, time flies.
  • edited October 2010
    And here's a video clip of the ending to Chapter 4 (DEFINITELY SPOILERS!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydb5Bidi8sM
  • edited October 2010
    awesoooome!
  • edited October 2010
    That ending has stopped being the gutpunch that it was the first time I played it, but I can still feel my stomach drop out on me a bit as LeChuck stabs Guybrush.
  • edited October 2010
    Oh, damn, that makes today the one year anniversary of my first post on the forums. One year ago today, I was so blown away by what I had just seen, I had to talk about it with somebody, so I came here.
  • edited October 2010
    Happy anniversary then, Guru.
  • edited October 2010
    rassen wrote: »
    1 year ago you did not go to this website, so what makes you remember them:)

Oh, I think I remembered seeing GameZebo's review and walkthrough of ToMI Chapter 4, and my memories started to flood back to when my brothers and uncle played The Secret of Monkey Island when I was a kid, and all I knew were the names Guybrush Threepwood, Elaine Marley, and LeChuck.
  • edited October 2010
    Time for Season 2! :D
  • edited October 2010
    I know that it feels a bit too early for All Souls' Day, but I'd like to commemorate the first anniversary of Guybrush's passing with Usher's cover of Michael Jackson's "Gone Too Soon", which was sung for Jackson at his memorial service, and now I can feel the same way for Guybrush. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0BwVIPm8ko
  • edited October 2010
    But Guybrush got better.
  • edited October 2010
    I can't believe it's been one whole year. That's incredible! I agree with Fealiks - time flies.

Anyway, Episode 4 was an extremely good episode. Not as good as Episode 5, but very close, and better in certain areas. It just had an amazing feel about it that you don't witness in very many adventure games, or even video games in general. The whole tone of the episode really dragged me back to my memories of playing Grim Fandango - how death, mystery, and a dark eerie feel were somehow balanced perfectly with humour, yet the humour did not detract from the overall tone of the episode. It was executed perfectly - it was dark and very different, but it still felt like a Monkey Island game, which is the most important thing.
  • edited November 2010
    Here's another song that may fit Guybrush for All Souls' Day:

Evanescence - Like You
Sign in to comment in this discussion.