Comic books like Bone?

edited May 2007 in Bone
I recently started reading the bone comic books and just finished Rock Jaw... While I'm waiting for the rest of the books to be rereleased (I have the new color scholastic versions) I'm looking for other comic books that are similar to the bone books. I don't like superheroes and I like them colored ;) Got some ideas?

Comments

• edited February 2007
    I haven't read that much comic books, or graphic novels, but Bone is quite unique.

--Erwin
  • JonJon Former Telltale Staff
    edited February 2007
    i just read Mouse Guard this past weekend and really liked it, it's similar to Bone in the epic story sense, and it's in color - http://www.mouseguard.net/
    anything else that i would suggest wouldn't be in color,,,
  • edited February 2007
    Jon wrote: »
    i just read Mouse Guard this past weekend and really liked it, it's similar to Bone in the epic story sense, and it's in color - http://www.mouseguard.net/

thanks. I'll check it out
    Jon wrote: »
    anything else that i would suggest wouldn't be in color,,,

please do anyway. It's not that important!
  • JonJon Former Telltale Staff
    edited February 2007
    you should take a look at "Usagi Yojimbo" - it's different from Bone in a lot of ways but i would think that they'd attract similar readers,
    other light-hearted fantasy books that i used to read are: "Thieves & Kings" and "Replacement God", i don't know if either of those are still published,
  • edited April 2007
    Thieves and Kings was fantastic

There's Cerebus, but do youselfa favor and stop reading after Jaka's story. Dave went....slightly insane after that, and he pretty obviously had no idea what to do. He promised 300 issues when 200 was probably the most it ever should have gone
  • edited April 2007
    Hello. I know this thread is a bit old, but i'd still like to reply.

As Jon mentioned, Usagi Yojimbo is a great comic by Stan Sakai. I guess if you like Bone you would also like Usagi Yojimbo. It's in black and white though. (I like Bone in b&w best, but that is a different discussion)

Also "Groo" by Sergio Aragones has that similar humor, and I think you would like it. It's in colours. It is not a graphic novel though, it's series.

If you want to read more serious graphic novels I would really recomend "Sandman" by Neil Gaiman. He is my favourite author and has written a lot of great books and graphic novels. He don't draw himself, so theres lots of different artists working on his projects. One of my favorite is Dave McKean

I hope you find this useful...

Good reading:)
  • edited May 2007
    Try Meridian from Crossgen comics. It's colored and though it lacks Bone's humor, it is an excellent adventure in a very smart-built universe.
  • edited May 2007
    These are not very much like Bone but they're great comics nonetheless -

Asterix, Lucky Luke, TinTin, Sam & Max (duh), Valhall (not sure if this is released in English?) and Carl Barks and Don Rosas versions of Donald Duck.
  • edited May 2007
    Thanks for the great recommendations. It's quite hard to track them down here in germany (for a reasonable price)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.