Would this be a practical idea for TellTale?

edited November 2010 in Back to the Future
I don't know whether this is the correct board, but I have this idea. Maybe it's great maybe it isn't. And if it isn't I am curious as to why it wouldn't work.

Of every pre-order BttF makes, 1 dollar is send to the Fox Foundation.

But how about adding an additional button on the BttF site for additional donations? I think it would have a positive outcome.

People play an episode. They are greatful and in this state of mind are willing to make an additional donation. Maybe just a dollar per episode. But over the course of 5 episodes everyone could have made a nice donation amount. I know I would!

Both companies would definitely benefit from it.

Would it work?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I guess this topic was.......

a bad idea.

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHH!!!
  • edited November 2010
    This is a GREAT idea! Thanks Origami. Passing it along to the web team proper.
  • edited November 2010
    Really? Or are you just messing with me. >_>

Well if you're serious, I am glad I was able to help. =)
  • edited November 2010
    Maybe you guys could give a virtual awareness ribbon to those who have donated. One you could show off on the forum for example :)
  • edited November 2010
    Hmm. I can't tell whether Alan is being serious either, but I think it's rather bad idea to be honest. Begging for money isn't really becoming of a company of Telltale's size, and kinda send the wrong message. You have to remember as a company Telltale's only goal is to create profit for their shareholders. (This is the purpose of every company btw, which is why it's hilarious everytime you hear to classical outrage "They're only out to make money"... ding, ding, ding... you just stumbled on the one and only goal of any company.)

Point is, if you're begging for money, you're probably sending your shareholders the wrong idea. It would be sort of like your local grocery store had a tip jar in case you wanted to pay extra because of their excellent selection of goods.
  • edited November 2010
    I believe you got it terribly wrong buddy. The idea was to make DONATIONS through Telltale to Michael J. Fox's foundation that raises funds for research on Parkinson's disease.

Kinda like a tip jar at your local grocery store that supports mentally challenged kids for example.
  • edited November 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    Really? Or are you just messing with me. >_>

Well if you're serious, I am glad I was able to help. =)

One can safetly assume he's being serious. This isn't really a joking matter 'round these parts.
  • edited November 2010
    this is a fantastic idea...

i havent pre-ordered yet, but if this option is added, i will be sure to swing some extra money to the cause.

great idea!!!
  • edited November 2010
    Oh, yeah, never mind, I read it wrong. My apologies. Donations to the Michael J. Fox fund is very much a great idea. Again, I am very much sorry for the confusion.
  • edited November 2010
    I think that would be a good idea.
    Since BttF is only 25$ instead of the usual 35$ which people expected (I think), some might even donate the difference to the MJFF, which would mean 11$ for each of those.
  • edited November 2010
    I don't know how big the success of this undertaking would be, but I just figured:

1) It's totally optional
    2) It's probably 5 minutes to set it up on the site

There are lot of positive outcomes. I think the foundation would be really thankful =)

I also believe there will be a correlation between the quality of game and the money that will be raised. The bigger smiles this game delivers, the more willing people will be to help out. Fans WILL want to express their appreciation.
    So TellTale, now you have one incentive to make it damn good. >=)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Origami wrote: »
    2) It's probably 5 minutes to set it up on the site

Wellllll... probably a little longer. :D
    But the idea is great, I really hope they can set it up really quick.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.