Well :) imagine that they had met before

:P One of my work from Garry's Mod and pure Photoshop. Just imagine if those guys have already met and they are even best friends on the battlefield?. What do you think :o?

This is what is on Heavy's Desk, his Sasha, his card and... a secret photo:

pokernightsmall.jpg

Download full size image (1920x1200)

[Updated] So, two more here:

Max's Desk: Wonder how Max get his Magnum pistol?
maxdesksmall.jpg
Download full size Wallpaper (1920 x 1200)

And the lovely picture in the above shot? Here it is:
maxhugheavysmall.jpg
Download full size Wallpaper (1600 x 900)
Download the 4:3 version (1280 x 1024)

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Damn, that's a sexy wallpaper. We need more!

On a side note, though, the posing is a little stiff, and Max looks like he's looking away from the camera. The rest looks great, though. I'd be open to fixes in the future.
  • edited November 2010
    why is max gigantic compared to heavy?
  • edited November 2010
    Nice, aside from how huge Max is.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Tiny Sasha and Giant Max! But very very cool.
  • edited November 2010
    Uh oh it's the Spy disguised as Max
  • edited November 2010
    Well :P the reasons for all of this were:

1/. I'm not good at Source's SDK modelling so after making Max's model at normal size, Max is so... light in weight that to the SDK he weighs no more than a paper => Hard to make him stand still! So I thought that: "hey, doesn't a gigantic Max bring something new to the scene?". Then that's it.

2/. If the Sasha is scaled correctly, it would take over the whole picture; or, other things must be scaled down!

By the way, it's great to feel that you guys love it :D (yah the posing is not good enought). So I will definitely make another version of Max's desk :D. Stay still!
  • edited November 2010
    Considering you only made the Heavy's desk so far, it was only natural you'd do the others. If you need advice on how to fix Max's posing problems, you could try asking on facepunch or some other place for advice. I'm sure there's plenty of guys who know how to fix similar problems.

Also I understand resizing the minigun, but it would help to make the ammo belt to scale as well in the future.
  • edited November 2010
    Why do I have the feeling that picture was taken right before Max's Severed Head was added to the game?
  • edited November 2010
    Bunnyman wrote: »
    Why do I have the feeling that picture was taken right before Max's Severed Head was added to the game?

Nah, done it myself the last Sunday.
  • edited November 2010
    nkahoang wrote: »
    Nah, done it myself the last Sunday.

No, that's not what he meant. What he was trying to say was, that the Heavy took that picture with Max right before he chopped his head off.
  • edited November 2010
    This is so cool! Nice work!
  • edited November 2010
    see that? You got Telltale's official approval. And that's saying something.
  • edited November 2010
    This is so cool! Nice work!

Thank you so much for your comment :D. It's the great quality of Telltale's games that inspired me to do this :)

So, two more here:

Max's Desk: Wonder how Max get his Magnum pistol?
    maxdesksmall.jpg
    Download full size Wallpaper (1920 x 1200)

And the lovely picture in the above shot? Here it is:
    maxhugheavysmall.jpg
    Download full size Wallpaper (1600 x 900)
    Download the 4:3 version (1280 x 1024)
  • edited November 2010
    I'm guessing you're waiting on Strong Bad and Tycho ragdolls to be made before you can make their desktops, right?
  • edited November 2010
    can you resize the one with max and the heavy to 1280x1024 so i can use it on my work computer? :D
  • edited November 2010
    For some reason, I can't see Strong Bad getting along with Tycho. He's too much like Strong Sad and Tycho wouldn't put up with Strong Bad.

Good job on the second desk image. The posing is great!
  • edited November 2010
    shref wrote: »
    can you resize the one with max and the heavy to 1280x1024 so i can use it on my work computer? :D

Certainly. Here you are:
    Download (1280x1024)
    Bunnyman wrote: »
    For some reason, I can't see Strong Bad getting along with Tycho. He's too much like Strong Sad and Tycho wouldn't put up with Strong Bad.

Good job on the second desk image. The posing is great!

Thanks ! :D And I do think the same. Strong Bad and Tycho are hard to express their feeling (and even Telltale doesn't made a 3D version of Tycho in PNATI). Btw, I will try if I can photoshop them from some source... Let's see
  • edited November 2010
    Certainly. Here you are:
    Download (1280x1024)

Thanks ! :D And I do think the same. Strong Bad and Tycho are hard to express their feeling (and even Telltale doesn't made a 3D version of Tycho in PNATI). Btw, I will try if I can photoshop them from some source... Let's see

awesome! thanks for the quick response!!! :D
  • edited November 2010
    epic photos, and giant max is growing on me.
  • edited November 2010
    I want a hug from giant Max :(

It's a great idea, and you did it well! *thumbs up*
  • edited November 2010
    I want a hug from giant Max :(

It's a great idea, and you did it well! *thumbs up*

Well, if you want to get that hug :P Just send me a photo of you in hugging pose. And I will do it for you :D
  • edited November 2010

I wonder if the cel-shading from Tycho and Strong Bad word work in the Source Engine?
  • edited November 2010

If you need a 3D Tycho, you could scan around for gameplay shots from "On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness." Of course, he'd be in old-timey, 1920's adventure gear...
  • edited November 2010

Since Strong Bad and Tycho are traditionally 2D characters, it may be easier to not even worry about 3D models and use the images from their website.
  • edited November 2010
    You know i would think that since they were both in telltale games previously that both max and strong bad at one point met. Maybe in a "Telltale Game Characters convention" or something.
  • edited November 2010
    koiboi59 wrote: »
    You know i would think that since they were both in telltale games previously that both max and strong bad at one point met. Maybe in a "Telltale Game Characters convention" or something.

Well sam and max is known in strong bads world, since in dangeresque 3, they use some sam and max cards in a normal deck, so it is possible they know eatchother. And because strong bad can where a max shirt in 102 onward.
  • edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Well sam and max is known in strong bads world, since in dangeresque 3, they use some sam and max cards in a normal deck, so it is possible they know eatchother. And because strong bad can where a max shirt in 102 onward.

I would just like to imagine that all telltale characters know each other. And all other characters they meet they never saw before.
  • edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Well sam and max is known in strong bads world, since in dangeresque 3, they use some sam and max cards in a normal deck, so it is possible they know eatchother.

I remember in one of the sbemails, Sam and Max Hit the Road was in the floppy disc container. Can't remember which one, though.
  • edited November 2010
    doggans wrote: »
    I remember in one of the sbemails, Sam and Max Hit the Road was in the floppy disc container. Can't remember which one, though.

its secret identity.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.