Did it ever occur to you... (Spoilers for ToMI Chapter 4!)

Did it ever occur to you that when Guybrush is mere seconds away from dying and he tells Elaine to stop LeChuck for him, to which she makes her tearful vow, you can probably see that she is kissing Guybrush on his cheek? I mean, does this count as the first (and maybe only) kiss? I still get shivers and it's like "Awww..." when I get that kissing image stuck in my head.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    The first kiss shown in the series? Or their first kiss? (Seeing as they are a married couple, I'm assuming didn't mean the latter.)
  • edited November 2010
    I don't think she is kissing him, I swear I can hear her sobbing. So I only think it's a hug, and I have watched that scene a few times.
  • edited November 2010
    Renzi wrote: »
    The first kiss shown in the series? Or their first kiss? (Seeing as they are a married couple, I'm assuming didn't mean the latter.)

I'm guessing the first kiss shown in the series. I'm sure of it.
  • edited November 2010
    Debbie82 wrote: »

Guybrush made reference to them having sex in EMI so they presumably kissed as well.
  • edited November 2010
    Guybrush made reference to them having sex in EMI so they presumably kissed as well.

Don't forget about the part in ToMI Chapter 2, when he tells LeChuck, "I've got a wife to go home and snuggle with," with the word "snuggle" being a euphemism for, again, "having sex". Or how about the part in ToMI Chapter 4 (again) when she tells Guybrush, "Step into me captain's quarters and let me ravish you silly!" (the word "ravish" meaning "have sex with", in a more forceful way). :p
  • edited November 2010
    I'm sure they've kissed a lot of times off-screen, but this scene showed a cheek-to-cheek something. At least I never interpreted it as a kiss.
  • edited November 2010
    Mermaid wrote: »
    I'm sure they've kissed a lot of times off-screen, but this scene showed a cheek-to-cheek something. At least I never interpreted it as a kiss.

Hate to break it to you, but they don't really exist off-screen. :p
  • edited November 2010

...remember what was blocking the stairs at the Mardi Gras party in 'LeChuck's Revenge'?
  • edited November 2010
    StarEye wrote: »

Smart ass. :p
  • edited November 2010
    StarEye wrote: »

That's easy to forget sometimes :). And the fact that you do forget this just shows how awesome, deep and interesting the characters are.
  • edited November 2010
    Don't forget about the part in ToMI Chapter 2, when he tells LeChuck, "I've got a wife to go home and snuggle with," with the word "snuggle" being a euphemism for, again, "having sex". Or how about the part in ToMI Chapter 4 (again) when she tells Guybrush, "Step into me captain's quarters and let me ravish you silly!" (the word "ravish" meaning "have sex with", in a more forceful way). :p

Ohh yh and how rescuing his wife and an arm full of monkeys sounded like there honeymoon.
  • edited November 2010
    Elaine gets cranky when she's tied up for more than an hour.
  • edited November 2010
    There's also the fishnets mentioned in episode 5.
  • edited November 2010
    mgrant wrote: »
    There's also the fishnets mentioned in episode 5.

It's weird how Guybrush, being dead, says, "Sometimes, on my birthday, Elaine wears fishnets." :rolleyes:
  • edited November 2010
    It's weird how Guybrush, being dead, says, "Sometimes, on my birthday, Elaine wears fishnets." :rolleyes:

Well he meant past birthdays.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.