Team fortress 2 Items unlocking method

Sorry if this this isn't exactly pertinent to the poker game, but:
I preordered the game to unlock all those items which were advertised with the game. I just received the dealer hat. How to get the rest of the things? I don't want to spend other money because what i got from what it was written is that i will get all the team fortress 2 items once the games comes out.

So, how items will be unlocked? I would like to get them without many problems... Thanks

Comments

• edited November 2010
    TF2Jo wrote: »
    Sorry if this this isn't exactly pertinent to the poker game, but:
    I preordered the game to unlock all those items which were advertised with the game. I just received the dealer hat. How to get the rest of the things? I don't want to spend other money because what i got from what it was written is that i will get all the team fortress 2 items once the games comes out.

So, how items will be unlocked? I would like to get them without many problems... Thanks

This might come as a shock to your type, but you will actually need to PLAY THE GAME to unlock the items. At random in-game points, a character will bet one of the four items in a special "bonus round".
  • edited November 2010
    The exact details as to how you get them isn't clear, but from what we understand...

When a character is out of money, they may try to stay in the game by betting their respective TF2 unlock, beginning an item round. If you win the item round, you unlock that item in TF2.

Max will bet the Lugermorph and License to Maim, Strong Bad will bet Dangeresque Too's shades, The Heavy will bet the Iron Curtain, and Tycho will bet the Enthusiast's Timepiece.
  • edited November 2010
    Holy.... I'm a noobish player of normal poker.... I'll have to learn hold'em up? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Hell... i don't like poker... lol... I hope there is a good guide to learn poker inside the game because I don't even know where to start from....

At least... with this preorder I will not have to spend more money on this, right?
  • edited November 2010
    I've got no idea how to play poker either. But what better way to learn, right? ;)

But yes. If you've pre-ordered the game and received the visor, you'll eventually be able to get the other Poker Night items without spending any extra money.

Out of curiosity, by the way, how familiar are you with Telltale and the other three works featured in this game?
  • edited November 2010
    I've got no idea how to play poker either. But what better way to learn, right? ;)

But yes. If you've pre-ordered the game and received the visor, you'll eventually be able to get the other Poker Night items without spending any extra money.

Out of curiosity, by the way, how familiar are you with Telltale and the other three works featured in this game?

The same you are familiar with nuclear topology or the radioactive decay of plutonium-239.

Don't know if I gave you an idea :D

Well, since my friends play hold'em often, this is the right time to learn it one time for all!
  • edited November 2010
    Ah. So you're getting this game for the TF2 items and nothing else, then?
  • edited November 2010
    The same you are familiar with nuclear topology or the radioactive decay of plutonium-239.

Don't know if I gave you an idea :D

Well, since my friends play hold'em often, this is the right time to learn it one time for all!

Considering I actually did a report on that not too long ago, I'd say I'm somewhat familiar on the subject.
  • edited November 2010
    Time to learn poker.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm a pro at poker...i cant wait to hear what max and the heavy have to say about losing everything :D

OH and is there gonna be any cameos from other telltale characters?
  • edited November 2010
    TentuZero wrote: »
    I'm a pro at poker...i cant wait to hear what max and the heavy have to say about losing everything :D

I hope there are cameos from all games.
  • edited November 2010
    Ah. So you're getting this game for the TF2 items and nothing else, then?
    Actually, yes. And that's pretty easy to understand. Why advertise a poker game to FPS players? lol... I get acquainted of the existance of sam and max (still not of telltale) when those bunnies hats popped out in tf2.
    I do care only of the items. Sorry :p
    Elvenmonk wrote: »
    Considering I actually did a report on that not too long ago, I'd say I'm somewhat familiar on the subject.
    Well, we had some sad humor here :guybrush:
    Tagmannn wrote: »
    Time to learn poker.
    Well. I'll forcefully have to learn it too :rolleyes:
  • edited November 2010
    I hope you don't expect the items to be worth much in trades, then. : P
  • edited November 2010
    TentuZero wrote: »

Flint Paper and Bluster Blaster appear in the background of the trailer, so there should be some cameos (though they'll probably be restricted to Sam and Max/SBCG4AP). Don't expect anyone to have a speaking part besides the four playing, though.
  • edited November 2010
    Since you have to play to get the items, you are likely to learn a bit about the characters. This being the case, the people who bought this game only for the TF2 items may find that they want to know more about them and get a Sam and Max, Strong Bad or Penny Arcade game as a result. It could act as a sort of clever advertising for those who were only after items. Whereas, for the rest of us it will just be an insanely funny game!
  • edited November 2010
    I wouldn't be rough on those who only want the TF2 items this time. That seems to be the target audience judging by the trailer and webpage and the items won't have a lot of value for trading. Aside from being a awesome game where four different characters get together, it's an introduction to these characters that some have never heard of. Maybe some only bought The Devil's Playhouse for the items will actually play it after having played this game.
  • edited November 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    Since you have to play to get the items, you are likely to learn a bit about the characters. This being the case, the people who bought this game only for the TF2 items may find that they want to know more about them and get a Sam and Max, Strong Bad or Penny Arcade game as a result. It could act as a sort of clever advertising for those who were only after items. Whereas, for the rest of us it will just be an insanely funny game!

Don't think i'll buy anything else mate, I know myself enough to know what expect.
    Bunnyman wrote: »
    I wouldn't be rough on those who only want the TF2 items this time. That seems to be the target audience judging by the trailer and webpage and the items won't have a lot of value for trading. Aside from being a awesome game where four different characters get together, it's an introduction to these characters that some have never heard of. Maybe some only bought The Devil's Playhouse for the items will actually play it after having played this game.
    Aside from the trading value itself, they should have expected that ton of ppl would have bought it only for items.
  • edited November 2010
    Don't worry, you can simply pay someone to play the game and unlock the items for you.
  • edited November 2010
    uniqortkga wrote: »
    Don't worry, you can simply pay someone to play the game and unlock the items for you.

How on earth would that work? First off, you would be missing out on this awesome game. Second, I don't think that's possible with the item-unlocking method.
  • edited November 2010
    How on earth would that work? First off, you would be missing out on this awesome game. Second, I don't think that's possible with the item-unlocking method.
    You forgot the third point, you're paying someone to play a five dollar game and odds are you're paying them more then what the game is worth on top of the game.
  • edited November 2010
    Aside from the trading value itself, they should have expected that ton of ppl would have bought it only for items.

Which is exactly why it would be a great marketing move. More people play the game so they can get the items for another game, and in turn they learn about the other character who are pretty funny. If they don't like it so be it, but they still get more customers.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.