Poker Night is single-player?

I checked out my steam and saw that its single-player game.
Why not to make also multi-player, where players use thouse 4 chars?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    The idea is that you're you and you're playing against these characters rather than as these characters. That way you can have the fun of interacting with them and seeing them interact with one another.
  • edited November 2010
    Oh.
    I think there will be more fun if there also was multiplayer.
    Longer fun.
  • edited November 2010
    ^
    Then you could just as well create an account on an online pokerroom and play there if you want to play against RL humans.
  • edited November 2010
    I hate to repeat myself but well.
    CI254 wrote: »
    I don't think you're supposed to get it just for the Poker, more so because of the characters you're playing with. It's not like they're silent, they're quite talkative and seem to have a bunch of amusing lines.

But non of them is screaming with the voice of a six year old and calls you gay. This is just not the same as real multiplayer *QQ*.
  • edited November 2010
    Well, i now i see.
  • edited November 2010
    Why do i have this feeling that this guy only bought the game for the items?
  • edited November 2010
    I bought it for POKER
  • edited November 2010
    Then go play REAL poker online if you want multiplayer...If you have to use them as avatars for other people then that kills the spunky attitude they all have.
  • edited November 2010
    But i want play this game with my friends!! = More fun.
  • edited November 2010
    Vi-Pe wrote: »
    But i want play this game with my friends!! = More fun.

Then do what I'll do when I get the game. Set it up so you and your friends are a team and work together to play(i know it isnt like tf2 where there are multiple people to play as but still) or take turns and watch eatchother.
  • edited November 2010
    A multiplayer sequel to Poker Night would be great. Things like buttons for each player to activate an "angry" line, a "story" line, a "boast" line, or a "my hand sucks" line, etc. I do think that it could work and increase the longevity of the game. It's just not something they've done for this one and they can't just tack it on(at least, I don't think they can), but I don't think it's silly or wrong to want to see it at all.
  • edited November 2010
    I suppose if you really wanted to play with friends as these characters, you could call them over to your house and cosplay as each character.

Only if you get desperate, though.
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010
    In all honesty, I'm glad that this game is single-player. The multiplayer would probably add needless swearing and vulgar language (Excluding Tycho of course). Not to mention it would kill the atmosphere of playing with these 4 characters.

We need more single-player and Local Multiplayer games nowadays!
  • edited November 2010
    Its being advertised as a casual Poker game.... with friends. What's wrong with that your friends are Max, Strong Bad, Heavy, and Tycho?
  • edited November 2010
    Oh.
    I think there will be more fun if there also was multiplayer.
    Longer fun.

Yeah, but the game has more dialog then a Sam and Max episode.

That makes the game longer.

Longer fun.

See, the game isn't about playing with friends, it's about having a nice poker game with your favorite fictional gaming pals.
  • edited November 2010
    instead of a person, you have trashtalking maniacs. I find that more fun then some regular person.
  • edited November 2010
    Technically playing with a regular person is the same as playing with a trashtalking maniac. At least, that's true of XBox Live. The difference is that Poker Night is far less annoying.
  • edited November 2010
    NameOfUser wrote: »
    Technically playing with a regular person is the same as playing with a trashtalking maniac. At least, that's true of XBox Live. The difference is that Poker Night is far less annoying.
    At least with Poker Night you know that don't act like that outside the Inventory. Xbox Live..... let's just say the recesses of humanity are attracted to for some reason.
  • edited November 2010
    Penny Arcade outlined it so aptly: G.I.F.T., a.k.a. "Greater Internet F***wad Theory". Average person + anonymity + audience = asshole.
  • edited November 2010
    Moob22 wrote:
    At least with Poker Night you know that don't act like that outside the Inventory. Xbox Live..... let's just say the recesses of humanity are attracted to for some reason.

This is exactly why I love having family settings on Xbox LIVE. Everybody is automatically muted unless they're my friends. I only have to deal with the one living in my house. :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.