Achievements ?

Why there are not achievements ? example: When you beat the Heavy you get Iron Curtain achievement (only just example name of achievement).There are not any special challenges or something ?

It would be nice. :)

Comments

• edited November 2010
    There could be, I wouldn't bet on it. (No pun intended.) It would be a good call on Telltale's Part, though. (Intended pun.)
  • edited November 2010
    I think they've said there will be Steam achievements, because they're tied to how you get the TF2 items. (Just like you had to get the "Hat Trick" achievement in Alien Swarm to get the Alien Swarm Parasite hat.) There'll be an achievement for beating each of the four characters in an item round, and unlocking that achievement nets you the character's respective item in Team Fortress 2.

Whether there'll be more than four achievements is yet to be seen.
  • edited November 2010
    There are. The Item unlocks are achievements, or else TF2 will not know you unlocked the item in the game
  • edited November 2010
    Wow Thanks guys for fast and positive reply.I just worried because there are still not announced achievements for this game in Steam Store.
  • edited November 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    There are. The Item unlocks are achievements, or else TF2 will not know you unlocked the item in the game

I think he meant in-game achievements. Kind of like the trophies you could win in SBCG4AP: Episode 1. Only they weren't actual achievements, and they were in the actual game, if that makes any sort of sense...
  • edited November 2010
    I think he meant in-game achievements. Kind of like the trophies you could win in SBCG4AP: Episode 1. Only they weren't actual achievements, and they were in the actual game, if that makes any sort of sense...

This would be awesome too.
  • edited November 2010

There's general achievements as well.
  • edited November 2010
    Yay, acheivments!
  • edited November 2010
    Just Know, You'll Get Killed Later:
    Defeat Tycho in a hand of poker and unlock his Timepiece.

Justice Just Got Served:
    Defeat Max in a hand of poker and unlock his Lugermorph and License to Maim.

Not Much of a Loss, is it?:
    Defeat Heavy Weapons Guy in a hand of poker and unlock his Iron Curtain.

Strong Bad At Playing Poker:
    Defeat Strong Bad in a hand of poker and unlock his (well, really Homestar's) Dangeresque Shades.
  • edited November 2010
    Just Know, You'll Get Killed Later:
    Defeat Tycho in a hand of poker and unlock his Timepiece.

Justice Just Got Served:
    Defeat Max in a hand of poker and unlock his Lugermorph and License to Maim.

Not Much of a Loss, is it?:
    Defeat Heavy Weapons Guy in a hand of poker and unlock his Iron Curtain.

Strong Bad At Playing Poker:
    Defeat Strong Bad in a hand of poker and unlock his (well, really Homestar's) Dangeresque Shades.

Nice ones :cool:
  • edited November 2010
    Something tells me that The License to Main and the Lugrmorph wont be unlocked at the same time.
  • edited November 2010
    You really think Max would bet another personal item AFTER he lost one? :D I think he'd bet two at the same time.
  • edited November 2010
    Varrok wrote: »
    You really think Max would bet another personal item AFTER he lost one? :D I think he'd bet two at the same time.

Yeah, according to his bio on the Poker Night page, he makes pretty big bets.
  • edited November 2010
    Varrok wrote: »

Yet at the same time, max finds nothing wrong if his head explodes. Max doesnt have commen sense.
  • edited November 2010
    How exactly will TF2 items and achievements be unlocked, when you buy this game directly from Telltale?
  • edited November 2010
    Mirko wrote: »
    How exactly will TF2 items and achievements be unlocked, when you buy this game directly from Telltale?

The Game uses Steamworks, both versions. If you have Steam running, Steam will detect the Achievements unlocks thanks to that.
  • edited November 2010
    The Game uses Steamworks, both versions. If you have Steam running, Steam will detect the Achievements unlocks thanks to that.

I am really interested in how this will work. I think this is the first game that will have that feature for the non-steam-version.
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I am really interested in how this will work. I think this is the first game that will have that feature for the non-steam-version.

Actually I'm pretty sure any game available on Steam but bought elsewhere is compatible with Steam achievements so long as you've added said game to your steam library. (Not positive)

Though this might be the first game to have rewards in ANOTHER game via achievements.
  • edited November 2010
    Jub wrote: »
    Actually I'm pretty sure any game available on Steam but bought elsewhere is compatible with Steam achievements so long as you've added said game to your steam library. (Not positive)

Though this might be the first game to have rewards in ANOTHER game via achievements.

Nope, Alien Swarm gave you a TF2 hat through a achievement.
  • edited November 2010
    K we know there are achivements based on the weapons, but it has been confirmed there are more(considering whenever I ask about playing offline what happens, and Jake said the weapons achievements will stay the others may not) I see no reason why they are hiding these achievements since they are only achievements so, what are the other achievements?
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010
    Moob22 wrote: »
    Nope, Alien Swarm gave you a TF2 hat through a achievement.

I meant a non-Steam game. Nevermind I understand myself.
  • edited November 2010

Has this been confirmed anywhere? I'm still not sure where to buy ;-) . Generally I would buy every TTG-game here, but in this case I'm not so sure, because I have never before heard of a game using steamworks features that supported those features without being bound to a steam account.
  • edited November 2010
    Mirko wrote: »
    Has this been confirmed anywhere? I'm still not sure where to buy ;-) . Generally I would buy every TTG-game here, but in this case I'm not so sure, because I have never before heard of a game using steamworks features that supported those features without being bound to a steam account.

If you buy it from Telltale, you can link it to Steam via, the "Add Game" feature. As to whether there will be achievements inside the game itself, I don't know.
  • edited November 2010
    Moob22 wrote: »
    If you buy it from Telltale, you can link it to Steam via, the "Add Game" feature. As to whether there will be achievements inside the game itself, I don't know.

Ah ok, thanks.

I also finally had some time to search and found this:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=397674&postcount=55

And so, i will buy it here.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.