Can ToMI OST be done in Mario Paint Composer?

Since Trenchfoot (a.k.a. checkthesouth) has done the Original Video Game Soundtrack for Tales of Monkey Island, I have been wondering if the soundtrack songs can be done in Mario Paint Composer. You see, I have seen songs (pop, rock, even video game songs) get done in Mario Paint Composer, and now I've been wondering if someone who works out the songs in MPC can do the ToMI soundtrack in MPC. I had made a request on the other website hoping if someone can do it. Here's the link to the request I made, with a few video examples from Trenchfoot:

http://mariopaintcomposer.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=wip&action=display&thread=511&page=17

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I think that Mario Paint Composer could really bring down the quality of the soundtrack in terms of sound, at least. It could be great the guy who did an improved version of "The Swordfight" could do the whole thing!

Or that Telltale record the soundtrack with live instruments. Heck, the City of Prague Orchestra would be good enough for me, altough a lot of time they ruin the stuff they record.

However, I really appreciate that you are spreading the soundtrack out there, Debbie82! It's really joys me to know that I'm not the only nutball that enjoys this so much :D
  • edited November 2010
    I read that MPC has a lot of soundfonts, including the "Orchestra" soundfont, which would make it easier to do the ToMI soundtrack even at high-tempo speed. Also, there's Mario Paint Composer 2.0, an updated version of Mario Paint Composer which adds four new notes to the original fifteen, and the ability to string multiple compositions together using the "Arranger."

http://mariopaintcomposer.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ams
  • edited November 2010
    Well, that theme song was pretty cute! :)
  • edited November 2010
    There's a YouTube vid of Clint Mansell's Winter: Lux Aeterna done in Mario Paint Composer. It's actually pretty good, so if it can be done then the Monkey Island theme should be a cinch.

I think I might go play my copy of Mario Paint right now, and finally defeat that bug swatting game!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.