Playing Poker With... You?!

So. It's been established that the player controls an unseen fifth entity, presumably called "The Player". Since this (no doubt) mute, faceless dork will be the camera during this escapade...

...will we be offered a character creator?

I'm thinking of the Penny Arcade Adventures-style in particular, where we can give ourselves a cartoon face and a name; slightly pointless in a first-person perspective poker sim? Maybe. But it's still a possibility, non? :D

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Given that the "Inventory" is supposedly the place where video game characters hang out in their downtime, I'm just going to run with the idea that I'm playing as the stranger from Myst, or the ageless faceless gender-neutral culturally-ambiguous adventure person from Zork... or perhaps the video game "actor" who plays all such characters
  • edited November 2010
    Cthulu/Yog-Soggoth.
  • edited November 2010
    Jake said on the Steam forums that if you want to think "The Player" is a video game character, then it's AFGNCAAP, the ageless, faceless, gender-neutral, culturally-ambiguous adventure person you play as in the Zork series. (You know, The Inventory should be better-lit. You never know if a grue is nearby.)

Alternately, it could be the same "The Player" from Telltale Texas Hold 'Em.
  • edited November 2010
    Considering that we're going to a place where video game characters hang out in their downtime, and we are playing as a character that is both good at card games and silent...

We're playing as Squall from FFXIII. Totally calling this one. (And promptly shot by Max for being too emo)
  • edited November 2010
    You play as Gordon Freeman
  • edited November 2010
    You play as Nolan North. *le gasp*
  • edited November 2010
    You play as Nolan North. *le gasp*

My God, the possibilities.
  • edited November 2010
    Your playing as..Dr.Fetus?!?!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.