Penny Arcade Poker Night News Post

It's short, but Penny Arcade's Tycho did mention Poker Night on the Penny Arcade front page.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I've been curious on what his take of the game would be. I hope for more commentary once the game is released. I wonder how much of the dialogue he wrote.
    Also I find it funny he referred to it as a "Poker Game Thingy."

I feel now we're missing some of Strong Bad's commentary on the game. I know Matt is working on Monster Safari, but has there been any news on that movie recently?
  • edited November 2010
    Bunnyman wrote: »
    I've been curious on what his take of the game would be. I hope for more commentary once the game is released. I wonder how much of the dialogue he wrote.
    Also I find it funny he referred to it as a "Poker Game Thingy."

I feel now we're missing some of Strong Bad's commentary on the game. I know Matt is working on Monster Safari, but has there been any news on that movie recently?

He didn't write anything, but he DID help out the script (i.e, pointing out what lines would be out of character for Tycho, saying "Tycho would act like this, but not THIS")
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    He didn't write anything, but he DID help out the script (i.e, pointing out what lines would be out of character for Tycho, saying "Tycho would act like this, but not THIS")

He wrote some things, but the bulk of the script was written by the team at Telltale. A lot of the outside license holder guys (most notably Jerry and the Chaps) added some jokes and did some rewriting on lines, though.
  • edited November 2010
    Once this game's released, I'd love to hear which jokes and ideas came from them.

I admit I have no small shortage of fondness for development notes for even the slimplest things, admittedly.
  • edited November 2010
    Hey Jake (or anyone else on the Telltale Team), I understand if you're not allowed to answer this question, but just in case: Would you be willing to share any particular lines that Steve Purcell/The Brothers Chaps/Valve/Mike and Jerry rejected for this game?
  • edited November 2010
    Hey Jake (or anyone else on the Telltale Team), I understand if you're not allowed to answer this question, but just in case: Would you be willing to share any particular lines that Steve Purcell/The Brothers Chaps/Valve/Mike and Jerry rejected for this game?

I read the bolded bit and I suddenly realized how much epicness there is in those names, and put together...
  • edited November 2010
    Steve_Purcell_APE_2007.jpg

TheBrothersChapsBandW.jpg

11237-holkins_large.jpg

box_embed003.jpg

top_ttlogo.gif

ma-ti.gif

By your powers combined, I am...

Poker_Night_Group%20copy.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    Cap-tain Po-ker! He's our he-ro!
  • JubJub
    edited November 2010
    Pictures + Mati = Poker Night (Too long to quote without spamming)

This is win.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.