Guybrush's Wooden hand

So on the DVD there is a lot of great concept art.... This was one of them.... (Scaled down and watermarked, buy the game if you want to see the whole thing).... Was a wood hand something that was seriously considered or was this just a random sketch?

chrguybrushhandless.jpg

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Personally, I think it was just random, but who knows?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    I think Ryan drew a bunch of alternate hook designs when we were first talking about giving Guybrush a hook hand, and that was drawn along with everything else. Nothing too fancy!
  • edited November 2010
    It would have been funny to rock that thing even briefly
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2010
    If you want a character in an adventure game to sport a novelty "number one!" finger as a comedy swappable limb, you should check out Sam & Max episode 203.
  • edited November 2010
    That's hilarious! And the frustrated expression on his face completes how funny it is :D
  • edited November 2010
    I have all the S&M games already... I think the only TTG I do not own is CSI and the poker games.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited November 2010
    We briefly toyed with the possibility that, after Guybrush got his hand cut off, he could use a variety of things to replace that hand: Hook, Fork, Octopus, Rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle, etc.

While fun to think about, it started to make Guybrush feel less piratey, so we opted to just stick with the hook.
  • edited November 2010
    I wish I could have been a fly on the wall during all the creative meetings .. It would have been pretty interesting.

Thanks for the insight Mark
  • edited November 2010
    You know, that wooden hand would have been really appropriate! Remember the wood prosthetic hand from CMI? Why not a whole serious of humiliating replacement hands for GB?
  • edited November 2010
    Or a giant Swiss army knife.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.