Sam & Max General Discussion

edited May 2011 in Sam & Max
I don't know about anyone else, but there tend to be about twenty moments every day where I think of something Sam & Max related that I want to share with other people, like a question or opinion or theory about the series; except I don't know anyone (except for my brother and an online friend of mine that I've forced to become my Sam & Max buddy) that I can turn to during moments like this, since in my school, I'm alone with my Sam & Max obsession.

I've gotten sick of starting a new topic for every Sam & Max related...thing...that I might want to talk to others about, so I just started this sort of blanket thread. If there's anyone out there who's ever felt the same way, feel free to talk about whatever in here, as long as it somehow connects to Sam & Max. There's no such thing as "off-topic" here.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    So, this is basically "The "Whatever's on your mind about Sam and Max" thread"?

I really think the TF2 thread should be moved to General Chat, but it's good to catch the hoarders where they're going. Also, apperently the DVDs being late is not TTG's fault.
  • edited November 2010
    That video is a sign of a very bored household.

My General Sam & Max contribution? It's that every time I eat at a seafood restaurant, I hope they have a menu item named "Salmon Max", which would be so fun to order. Hasn't happened yet.
  • edited November 2010
    Don't you mean Mack Salmon?
  • edited November 2010
    General Thoughts? Well, I really should write down all the notes I have for psychics and elder gods and what have you for Sam & Max. Or, maybe I shouldn't, since those will probably never be mentioned again in the series.
  • edited November 2010
    This is as good a place as any to mention this. Yesterday night, I had a dream that I was in a theme park and I went on one of the rides. Whilst the ride was mostly Monkey Island themed, I found it strange that LeChuck had been renamed to Yog-Soggoth. Obviously, my mind got a bit muddled as I slept.
  • edited November 2010
    This is kind of eerie. I just found a song by one of my favorite musical groups called My Little Friend Max. It doesn't really fit him, but it makes me think of him.
  • edited November 2010
    heyyy open up in there I know youre hiding a cow
  • edited November 2010
    Did anyone notice Mr. Featherly got called Mr. Featherly all the time on later seasons, even when it was not his real name? #nitpicker
  • edited November 2010
    crfh wrote: »
    Did anyone notice Mr. Featherly got called Mr. Featherly all the time on later seasons, even when it was not his real name? #nitpicker

By Night of the Raving Dead he had legally changed his name to Mr. Featherly, because it made international licensing deals easier.
  • edited November 2010
    Edit: Damn! Also I thought he changed it in 205.
  • edited November 2010
    In science class today, while we were taking notes, I was listening to my iPod; specifically, the Season 1 and 2 soundtracks. I have a friend who sits next to me in that class who's always taking one of my earbuds to listen in on my songs, because I have awesome taste in music, obviously.

Today, he took an earbud while I was listening to the Chariots of the Dogs section of the OST, and he said, "Whoa, this song is radical!" in a totally non-ironic way. And then I started to giggle hysterically, because I was actually listening to "Radical!" right then.

I don't know why, but it totally cracked me up at the time.
  • edited November 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    General Thoughts? Well, I really should write down all the notes I have for psychics and elder gods and what have you for Sam & Max. Or, maybe I shouldn't, since those will probably never be mentioned again in the series.

I'd kinda wanna see that...DO IT! *peer pressure*

EDIT: (Cuz I don't feel like posting more than three times in a row)
    This is kind of eerie. I just found a song by one of my favorite musical groups called My Little Friend Max. It doesn't really fit him, but it makes me think of him.

It's okay, you're not alone. I actually have about a billion songs that remind me of Sam & Max, or characters or elements of the series, without really having anything to do with them. Like this one. It has less than zero resemblance to absolutely anything in the Sam & Max universe, but I still get reminded of them whenever I hear it.

Actually, it specifically reminds me of the 305 credits, so I guess that makes a little more sense. After all, it's supposed to be about
    the guilt the singer feels after the death of someone close to them.

(But I still feel sort of stupid for admitting that.)
  • edited November 2010
    Lets see, uh, quick question to whoever cares. If Sam and Max characters were Power Rangers, who would be who?

That totally isn't a silly random idea that I got for no reason that I may or may not draw some time later >.>
  • edited November 2010
    I'm sorry to say that I know absolutely nothing about the Power Rangers, so I can't help you there.

Personally, I'm the kind of nerd that tends to write fanfiction about stuff she realy likes. If anyone out there's willing, would you check this out and tell me what you think? I'd really love feedback, reviews, whatever, even though it's so short.
  • edited November 2010
    I love your fanfics
  • edited November 2010
    I've always wanted to know the details behind Whizzer's marriage declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.

Also, me thinking about how Sam and Max will soon be crossing over with TF2 led to this inane GIF. I was going to make it my new sig, but since you can't put images in there, I thought I may as well share it here.

cucumber.gif
  • edited November 2010
    who cuts a cucumber that way
  • edited November 2010
    I've always wanted to know the details behind Whizzer's marriage declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.

Also, me thinking about how Sam and Max will soon be crossing over with TF2 led to this inane GIF. I was going to make it my new sig, but since you can't put images in there, I thought I may as well share it here.

cucumber.gif

Lol, that's awesome!
    redm wrote:
    who cuts a cucumber that way

It was a joke in Season 3, The Tomb of Sammun-Mak, in which the Mole people had this Egyption joke about cutting the cucumbers lenghtwise. Only the Mole people found it funny (in-game of course. Some of us found it funny).
  • edited November 2010
    thats what im saying is very funny
  • edited November 2010
    Oh, sorry then. I thought you hadn't played it. :o
  • edited November 2010
    Seriously tho, who cuts a cucumber lengthwise thats just absurd
  • edited November 2010
    redm wrote: »
    Seriously tho, who cuts a cucumber lengthwise thats just absurd

When making spear pickles.

Proof's in the puddin':

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000000222610

QFT:
    Ingredients
    4 large pickling cucumbers (about 1 pound), each cut lengthwise into 6 spears
    2 teaspoons salt
    3 large dill sprigs
    1 garlic clove, halved
    1 cup white vinegar
    1 cup water
    1/4 cup sugar
  • edited November 2010
    That recipe must of originated form the Dark Ages.
  • edited November 2010

Proof's in the puddin':

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000000222610

QFT:
    Ingredients
    2 teaspoons salt
    3 large dill sprigs
    1 garlic clove, halved
    1 cup white vinegar
    1 cup water
    1/4 cup sugar

hahahahahaha they cut the cucumber lengthwise
  • edited November 2010
    I'm on the Sam & Max blog! ^_^

I've had them with me for a little more than 4 months. From my experience, Max isn't the only one who is trigger happy. Sam's revolver itches like crazy occasionally.
  • edited November 2010
    You're the girl with the tattoo? You're awesome!!!
  • edited November 2010
    crfh wrote: »
    You're the girl with the tattoo? You're awesome!!!

Thank you very much! :D I have a few more photos of them on my Facebook photo albums. ^^

I'm still surprised he featured me first and he remembered I was the one in the Sam and Max costume (that won 2008's Halloween contest) at Comic Con 2009. :D
  • edited November 2010

Proof's in the puddin':

QFT:
    Ingredients
    2 teaspoons salt
    3 large dill sprigs
    1 garlic clove, halved
    1 cup white vinegar
    1 cup water
    1/4 cup sugar

I refused to believe this exists. You must have made it up. :mad: HOW COULD YOU?

I am not in denial.
  • edited November 2010
    In an Aldi catologue there was a display for a special on zuchinies with one cut lengthwise. (For some reason the first time I wrote zuchini it replaced it with asterics.)
  • edited November 2010
    I cut my cucumbers lenghtwise. They're easier to gut that way. Also I like to cut small cubes instead of slices.
    :eek:
  • edited November 2010
    ...no.
  • edited November 2010
    Random Sam & Max Thought: Why can I never get my hands on the sketchbooks? WHY??!!
  • edited November 2010
    Random Sam & Max Thought: Why can I never get my hands on the sketchbooks? WHY??!!

I added them to my christmas wishlist.

Since the only place I can find them is a private seller on amazon asking for tons of money, I don't think I'm going to get them. :(
  • edited December 2010
    Jake closed the Original Idea for City That Dares Not Sleep thread, maybe they were getting too close to something. It's a conspiracy!
  • edited December 2010
    Jake closed the Original Idea for City That Dares Not Sleep thread, maybe they were getting too close to something. It's a conspiracy!

I noticed. He did say they were for "something that's not the game," so I'm guessing an easter egg on the DVD, perhaps.
  • edited December 2010
    I noticed. He did say they were for "something that's not the game," so I'm guessing an easter egg on the DVD, perhaps.

That's the first thing I thought when I saw his post.

Anyways, let's not get this topic locked. SUBJECT CHANGE TIME:
    Unicorns! Rainbows! Dementia!
  • edited December 2010

Maybe...IT'S THE ALTERNATE REALITY GAME THAT TELLTALE NEVER GOT AROUND TO FINISHING!!! THAT WOULD MAKE SO MUCH SENSE AND BE ENDLESSLY AMAZING!!!
  • edited December 2010
    Does anyone out there have a favourite Max spore? They're all different fragments of his personality, right?

My favourite was the particularly verbose and overly negative one. I think that was the one in his brain...
  • edited May 2011
    No updates on Spudvision or the Sam and Max blog since April 16th. Has Steve joined that March the 21st doomsday cult and travelled America warning people?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.