I do not know how to play poker

2»

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Brainiac wrote: »
    Is it wrong that after reading most of this thread that I really want several of the fi...uh, I mean people, posting in here to come play a home game with me?

I was hoping you'd say tha-... err, I mean, I do not know this "poker" game. It's like War, right?

:P
  • edited November 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    I was hoping you'd say tha-... err, I mean, I do not know this "poker" game. It's like War, right?

Riiiiiight. I don't care if you are trying to put one over on me, I'm all for it.

I think the First Annual Telltale Poker Spectacular has a nice ring to it, don't you? Plus, this way, we're not bound to Texas Hold 'Em.
  • edited November 2010
    Deuce-to-seven triple draw, then? :)
  • edited November 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    Deuce-to-seven triple draw, then? :)

Obviously you're not Mike the Mouth. I've never had a problem with lowball games myself, though I know a lot of people (even professionals) can't stand games like this and Razz.
  • edited November 2010
    I don't think I'd be able to stand single-draw lowball or razz. (I used to think I'd like razz, but lately I've changed my mind.) Triple draw has a special allure, though. I like a game where you're likely to hold the nuts at least once in a given session. Especially if that game isn't Omaha. :P
  • edited November 2010
    I'm just concerned you'd try to eat the brains of everyone at the table. After all, it's been said that "the average age of a deuce-to-seven player is dead."

I smell a poker zombie. :D
  • edited November 2010
    Yay... I won a tournament with only two hands.
  • edited November 2010
    Brainiac wrote: »
    Is it wrong that after reading most of this thread that I really want several of the fi...uh, I mean people, posting in here to come play a home game with me?

I don't think anyone would honestly be stupid enough to play real Texas Hold'em (as in real stakes, not for fun) without knowing how the game works.
  • edited November 2010
    Sure they would. It's how games spread: somebody sees a popular game and decides they want in on it. But few (except the rich) would do it without experience at playing other forms of poker for real stakes.
  • edited November 2010
    I don't know anything about poker but I'm having fun playing this and learning the basics. It's well worth the $5 and the taunts are hilarious. Maybe by the time I'm tired of this I'll be ready to move on to poker games against real people.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.