Expansions!

Totally love this game. One concern, though - after playing it for a while, eventually they're gonna tell the same old stories and have the same old conversations. Now, for $5, what do I expect, right? Sure. But I would pay Real American Cash Money for more dialogue and more characters.

The extra characters wouldn't even have to play - it could be Sam stopping in to see what's going on, watching the game and commenting from the peanut gallery. Or The Cheat could drop by and fill in for Strong Bad while he goes to the bathroom. ;)

Just have fun with it! :D

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Totally agree! I'd pay much more for more character appearances, more dialog, and perhaps some easter eggs!
  • edited November 2010
    I was interested by the idea of expansions - and that this Inventory club could be a recurring place that the programmers just build up. Maybe it could have pool/snooker next? And you could then wander about a bit more freely between the two.
  • edited November 2010
    Since Flint Paper is hanging around the joint, perhaps he'd like to join us for a hand?

Being able to wander around the joint in general would be quite cool, perhaps getting to play the arcade game or chat to the barman.
  • edited November 2010
    Alf Fly wrote: »
    Since Flint Paper is hanging around the joint, perhaps he'd like to join us for a hand?

I think Flint would be my #1 choice for an expansion. But also Bender, who you could sort of count 'cos there have been Futurama games... Actually, make that Farnsworth. Actually, can we just have Futurama Poker?
  • edited November 2010
    Expansions would work oddly, because they'd need to record crazy amounts of dialogue between the existing characters and the new characters each time...

I'd be happy if they just made a 'new game with a new set of four characters', because even though you wouldn't be able to mix and match characters from this game, it actually sounds feasable! As long as there was an option to keep your stats sheet and money won records from this game, it'd be great.

The main thing I'd want is a female character though, say Elaine or someone... not someone 'too feminine' like Marzipan, but someone who can actually still be witty, charismatic, and mocking towards the guys when she needs to be, but have a naturally different personality in the smalltalk.
  • edited November 2010
    More Sam and Max/Homestar Runner characters would be the easiest to implement, since Telltale already have the rights to use them in Poker Night. (Not to mention that if you can get Matt to voice Strong Bad, you can get him to voice...almost every other Homestar Runner character.)

It'd be nice if we saw a little more of Winslow (or Dealer-Who-Resembles-But-Is-Legally-Distinct-From-Winslow, at least), I think.
  • edited November 2010
    I'd pay $4 or so for four new characters and new dialogue. (I say $4 because I figure the characters and dialogue are pretty much 4/5 of the $5 Poker Night.) As far as which characters to choose, I'd go with a few less obvious choices. I can see some hilarious interactions between Bubs, Momma Bosco, Gabe, and the Medic. After all, we already know that Momma Bosco goes to the Inventory based on the opening cinematic.
  • edited November 2010
    I was thinking this but mainly for more TF2 items.
  • edited November 2010
    evan223 wrote: »
    I was thinking this but mainly for more TF2 items.

That'd be a good idea, too. I didn't think of it because I don't play TF2, but it still makes sense :)
  • edited November 2010
    I was thinking that they add more TF2 items. I mean, the game has one bonus(lugermorph), one weapon(iron curtain,) one misc (the glasses,) one hat (pre order visor,) one pin(badge,) and one defense weapon(watch.)

Maybe if they do an expansion they do a similar formula with one of each

I would like to see an extra character or two, but someone that is not a S&M or a Homestar char since we have one of each already, but someone new and easy to get the license to like maybe Doc Brown from BTTF or Francis from L4D.

Be cool to see old TT licensed chars like Phoney Bone
  • edited November 2010
    Yup. I'd certainly pay money for more content. I'd certainly want more dialogue and if telltale chose to have extra characters that would be pretty amazing. Seeing Gabe and Tycho or the Heavy and the Scout bickering would be great. it could be implemented as someone one mentioned, i.e. sam coming in and interacting with max. that would be feasable i think.
  • edited November 2010
    I would like to see Gabe pop in....and Sam of course.
  • edited November 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    I'd pay $4 or so for four new characters and new dialogue. (I say $4 because I figure the characters and dialogue are pretty much 4/5 of the $5 Poker Night.) As far as which characters to choose, I'd go with a few less obvious choices. I can see some hilarious interactions between Bubs, Momma Bosco, Gabe, and the Medic. After all, we already know that Momma Bosco goes to the Inventory based on the opening cinematic.

Four new characters, would mean four times as much dialogue (from 16 "units of monologue" directed at another character, including the Player, to 64), so $12 would be a more reasonable price.
  • edited November 2010
    Yep, I'll throw a pile of real money at Telltale for some serious expansion work. Extra characters would be my first choice, at least 4 more. People (animals? creatures?) like Sam, Gabe (if Max can play, anyone can, pants or not), the Scout (he's a natural trash talker), Bubs... Marty McFly, etc.
    And Speaking of McFly, on the subject of adding characters from additional licenses, Bender would indeed be an absolute joy and a obvious choice if somehow Telltale could pull that one off. I can see it already. But I won't hold my breath on that one.

But yes. Expansion. More characters. Throwings of bricks of monies at Telltale.
    Maybe with enough characters there can be a series of games forming a real tournament.
  • edited November 2010
    Danest wrote: »
    Bender would indeed be an absolute joy and a obvious choice if somehow Telltale could pull that one off.

The company that made the terrible Futurama video game from a while back went under, so I think the gaming rights to Futurama are up for grabs.

I doubt that Comedy Central would be willing to participate in something like that, though. The easiest characters to implement in future Inventory games are ones who are creator-owned. You'll notice three of the four characters in Poker Night are creator-owned.
  • edited November 2010
    Oh, and Guybrush while we're at it.
  • edited November 2010
    Parasol wrote: »
    The main thing I'd want is a female character though, say Elaine or someone...
    I notice Girl-Stinky has come back from the dead in this game (as has Momma Bosco but that was *canon*). You couldn't tell what she was up to in the Sam&Max games so bluffing in poker would kind of fit.
  • edited November 2010
    Parasol wrote: »
    Expansions would work oddly, because they'd need to record crazy amounts of dialogue between the existing characters and the new characters each time...

Not entirely. Sure you need some new conversation material, but you basically just need to record the interaction with the new character and the old group. Or, you could pair it with another expansion character, where there would also be interaction with that other character.

Eventually, when a new expansion pack is released, this would still count. Put interaction between the old group and the new bunch, as well as interaction between each other.

Eventually though people also want interaction between the first and second expansion pack, so there would be a free expansion available automatically for those who own these two expansions, so that interaction could happen between these two packs.

But yeah, might be a tad too complicated.

Oh, and I would love for some very strange other-license characters, like Otra from Girly, or Jake the Dog from Adventure Time. You know you want the last one, especially if Bender would be added as well. The interaction between Jake and Bender would just implode the game. And your face.

Talking about imploding faces, why not TMBG? Or any other band Telltale Games loves?

Talking about love, how about Scott Pilgrim? Eh? Or perhaps some other better known comic license.

Like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Or...
  • edited November 2010
    I would also love to see this game expanded! So many great opportunities for characters from different games to interact.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, ever since I found out how AWEXOME DLC could be, I just want more. Games with DLC make the game 100 times more AWEXOME. It's why I bought Scott Pilgrim on PS3 also, because it has the DLC for Knives Chau already, and the XBox360 version doesn't.
  • edited November 2010
    Some new/optional characters would be harder to implement. For instance, the presence of the Spy would mean a lot of Heavy's dialogue would have to be removed. It wouldn't make sense for him to say things about the spy if he were right there.
  • edited November 2010
    I'll add another vote that I'd pay for additional content.

...Assuming the game works, that is =)
  • edited January 2011
    Bumpage since I want to add to this...

I like to see 2 additional characters at the table with the option of playing 5-7 player games.

But the question would be... who?
    I think anyone from the four series already represented is out.

Marty from BttF would be close to a no-brainer here. Perhaps Doc could be seen at one of the tables on the floor. Or vice-versa. Play style, I don't know... TF2 item, dunno...

and the other... hmm...
  • edited January 2011
    Additional content would be awesome, especially new characters. I would love to play against Guybrush, but I feel like he would cheat! XD
  • edited January 2011
    I dunno if Marty would be that good of a player, but Doc would be nigh unreadable.
  • edited January 2011
    I'd like to see Nelson Tethers added, if only to contribute to the stark artistic differences.
  • edited January 2011
    But what are the rules to puzzle poker?
    (I don't think Nelson would play something as simple as texas hold 'em)
  • edited January 2011
    Krohn wrote: »
    But what are the rules to puzzle poker?
    (I don't think Nelson would play something as simple as texas hold 'em)

Maybe he can play omaha- no bad idea, very bad idea.
  • edited January 2011
    I don't know, he might use his Puzzle skills to try and count cards...but I'd welcome him to the game for the different animation style.
  • edited January 2011
    Cursed be the power of google.
    One search and I found out, that there is actually a game called puzzle poker...and now i have no choice but to try out the demo.
    (I have to solve puzzles to stop me from thinking ;) )
  • edited April 2011
    This is a great game!
    One of those I play between Telltale releases.
    It definatley feels like a title that could be added to.
    (not that it lacks, but has possibilities.)
    Any word on the possibility?
  • edited April 2011
    Murray from Monkey Island. Possibly with Guybrush having to hold his cards for him. MUWAHAHAHAHA!
  • edited October 2012
    I still play this game now and then (on Steam) and still really enjoy it. I don't think anybody would mind some additional content, updates, or expansions to this fine title.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.