Down to the Green problem

I want to be sure I'm understanding this achievement correctly. If I go all-in two hands in a row and win both, I should receive it, correct? If so, then I'm encountering a bug, as I've done that three times since yesterday's release without having it awarded. In fact, I just now won three consecutive all-ins. (It was down to the heavy and myself with him having 44k and me 6k so even with my three all-in wins the tournament is still going! The first two I won with my hand and the third he folded.)

Possibly relevant is that in the very first two hands of the very first tournament I played, right after PNatI was released, I won consecutive all-ins (nuts, I know, but I got super-lucky hands - at the time I assumed the game was cheating to get me into it). For those two hands, I also would have gotten achievements for Kicker Trouble and Flush, but received none of them. I have, however, subsequently received Kicker Trouble and Flush in later tournaments but still continue to not receive Down to the Green. Nevertheless, is it possible that the game thinks I've unlocked Down to the Green when I haven't and that is why it is not awarded?

Thank you for your assistance. This didn't fit the topics of the two bug stickies so I figured I'd post it alone.

Edit: Make that four consecutive all-in wins. I drew a straight on my turn card and Heavy was checking, so I decided to go for it. Safe to say, I won the tournament. Unfortunately, still no achievement.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I'm having this problem as well.
  • edited November 2010
    Guhndahb wrote: »
    Possibly relevant is that in the very first two hands of the very first tournament I played, right after PNatI was released, I won consecutive all-ins (nuts, I know, but I got super-lucky hands - at the time I assumed the game was cheating to get me into it).

You know, I have exactly the same. First hand of first tournament I took two players out with all-in. I noticed "Down to the Green" later on after I'd looked at the achievements. A couple of times after that I won two or more consecutive all-ins and wondered why I didn't get the achievement. So yes, definitely possibly relevant!
  • sl9sl9
    edited November 2010
    I had the same problem as you guys, but I just posted my detailed experience of how the achievement unlocked for me over in the other thread - perhaps it will help some of you :)
  • edited November 2010
    I finally got it. First off, I'm certain I should have had it long ago, and many times over, so there's still something buggy with this achievement. But let me go over two things.

First off, and this may have nothing to do with anything, but I generally stay online with Steam but offline with Steam friends. When I launch Poker Night, the opening menu comes up almost immediately when I do that. However, if I connect to friends first, it takes an extra 10 seconds during which I get the Win 7 please wait circle. When I played that very first tournament and didn't get any of the achievements that I should have, it was in the former case. Coincidence? Maybe. But, to be safe, I've tried to subsequently be sure the latter was the case. Interestingly, if I go online with friends and then back offline, I still get the additional wait and have received achievements. However, again, this is completely anecdotal.

Second, my getting the achievement this time was under the following circumstances:
    • All players were still in the game.
    • Both times I went all-in myself before anyone else did.
    • Both times everyone at the table folded.
    I'm not suggesting this is necessary, I just thought I'd post the circumstances for those trying to maximize their chances of getting the achievement since it is most certainly buggy. Good luck!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.