Tycho appears confused

Enjoying the game so far, and it has been blissfully free of any bugs. However, there does appear to be a slight glitch with Tycho's dialogue; when he loses a hand, he usually says something that would be more appropriate if he had won. Not sure if it's a glitch or just some oddly-written dialogue, but I've noticed it with multiple lines in several games.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Yeah. I noticed that too. I've also noticed that when you get down to a one-on-one match, the characters will still say things like "Thanks, everybody," even though there are only two people at the table.
  • edited November 2010
    I haven't noticed this. Some example lines? (Spoiler 'em if they're particularly interesting)
  • edited November 2010
    No problems on my end like that yet, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game and laughing at a lot of the dialouge, best £2 ever spent!
  • edited November 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    I haven't noticed this. Some example lines?

F'rinstance, after I win a hand that Tycho wasn't even in:

"That'll do, cards...that'll do."

"Look who's wearing the daddy pants."

Or when he loses a heads-up match:

"Those cards...WILL do."

Again, these could be winning phrases I suppose, but they don't quite sound right.
  • edited November 2010
    I've seen Tycho say the "daddy pants" line, but I always thought it was addressed to the player. The other lines would be puzzling, though...
  • edited November 2010
    I'm assuming all those lines where for the player. He's looking at you when he says that lines
  • edited November 2010
    Well, a line like "That'll do, cards" sounds like he's happy for himself, not for the player -- like he had a personal interest in what the cards were.
  • edited November 2010
    I thought he was just happy that Strong Bad didn't win.
  • edited November 2010
    Tycho quite often compliments you for playing a good hand, just the way he phrases it can sometimes sound like he's talking about himself. But there are definitely a few lines with all characters that get delivered slightly inappropriately!
  • edited November 2010
    There seems to be a problem with character orientation too. I think every time I've successfully won a hand after someone bets only a high card, the characters look straight at me and deliver their "Wow, you suck" line.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah I think he's happy when Strong Bad loses. In fact he think says as much one time - something like "As long as he (strongbad) doesn't win."
    But yeah, sometimes I think they're addressing another character while looking at the player.
  • edited November 2010
    bschoner wrote: »
    F'rinstance, after I win a hand that Tycho wasn't even in:

"That'll do, cards...that'll do."

"Look who's wearing the daddy pants."

Or when he loses a heads-up match:

"Those cards...WILL do."

Again, these could be winning phrases I suppose, but they don't quite sound right.

The second line isn't a glitch since he is complimentin' the player regardless of being in the round or not.
  • edited November 2010
    Turn dialogue text off and pay more closely attention to how they say their lines. For example Tycho is rather sarcastic etc. Sometimes when he is winning the hand, he sarcastically makes it look like he is losing that hand.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.