Some ideas

edited February 2007 in Sam & Max
It feels bad to make suggestions, because you guys I'm sure are deeply entrenched in this game, working as hard as you can, to meet this crazy schedule you've set up.

Which is awesome. I'm amazed at the quality of what we're getting at such a pace. As someone who grew up playing Sam and Max, I'm proud to show my friends these episodes as the continuation of the series.

Summary: You guys are heroes. BUT ENOUGH PREAMBLE.

Reading the comics, one of my favorite parts was how packed each panel was. Purcell loved to cram in thieving roaches, criminal activities, bizarre characters, graffiti, litter, and unrelated conversations. There was a rich business - very much like Sam and Max's office in the game.

So I wish we could have that sort of messiness throughout the game. To push more life into the environments - I think it's powerfully needed. That's because whenever it's brought back, it's such a rush - even snippets like the rats riding by in their car, shouting "The skin-bodies can't be stopped!" Or the Toy Mafia goon hanging around outside Bosco's - the simple change of scenery was pretty awesome.

That's of course asking for more content, and I can't imagine how it could be a reasonable request. But whatever!

The most endearing parts of the Sam and Max games is how they interact with each other. I'll never forget Sam grabbing Max by the feet, soaking him in the grimy waters beside the Tunnel of Love, and smashing him into an electrical panel. Or getting Max to turn that hypercephalic kitten inside out. Also, using him as a sword while playing virtual reality, with Max grinning happily as he does so. Reading that big instruction book after it fell on Max. Mentioning that it would be a bad idea to use Max on the pigeons, since he'd just try to see how many he could stuff into his gaping maw.

And you guys definitely do it - The introductions to all three episodes have been fantastic and charming. The machinimas too, actually. In fact I really really liked the interim theater with them both staring at the phone. And Max looks up at Sam. awwww. Also, my favorite line from the series is "....and what's your point, dear?" "I crack Sam up!"

So you guys know how to do it. It's wonderful when you do. But I want to bring back the use-Max-as-an-object function! That setup seemed to lead to some of the best jokes of the old series. I've found nothing I wouldn't want Max to interact with.

Also: Sam should be eating more frozen treats. He'd love it. We'd love it. There's no downside!

So, in summary:
maxenteringkw2.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.