Graphics Card Support

I think to narrow down the problem we should compile a list of Video Cards that everyone is using, working or not, to help TellTale narrow down where the problem lies. This can help with showing what the majority of users are using to play this game. Post your video card model and the issues or if it works and I'll add it to the list.

NVIDIA
GTX 460 - No Problems
325M GT 1GB - No Problems
9600M GT - No Problems
8600GTS - No Problems
8400GS - Slow
8300GS - Slow, Missing graphics
7600GT - Slow
6200 TurboCache - Blank Screen
FX 5900 - Blank Screen
FX 5200 - Blank Screen

ATI/AMD
Radeon 5850 - No Problems
Radeon HD4850 - No Problems
Radeon HD3300 - No Problems
Radeon HD3150 - Crashes, Blank Screen
Radeon HD2600 - Slow
Radeon X1600 - Slow, Lines in Graphics
Radeon X1550 - Slow
Radeon X1200 - Blank Screen, Crashes, Slow
Radeon X1050 - Blank Screen, Crashes
Radeon X800 - Blank Screen
Radeon X300/X550/X1050 - Blank Screen
RADEON XPRESS 200M - Blank Screen
Radeon 9600 - Blank Screen, Crashes, Missing graphics
Radeon 9250 - Crashes

Intel
GMA HD4500 - Slow, Missing Graphics
Intel G33/G31 - Blank Screen, Crashes
GMA x3100 - Blank Screen
GMA 950 - Blank Screen
82945G - Blank Screen, Crashes

Comments

• edited November 2010
    ATi Radeon HD 4850 - a few tiny 'chops' in the intro, other than that no problems. (might as well write no problems)
  • edited November 2010
    GeForce 8600 GTS, running in Wine 1.3.7 on Debian Sid GNU/Linux (with nvidia drivers 260.19.12) - No Problems
  • edited November 2010
    I have a laptop with dual graphics so:

1) Nvidia GeForce GT 325M 1GB = No Problems
    2) Intel GMA HD (Core i5) = Very Laggy, missing some menu options when trying to adjust graphics.

Also, I saw in another thread, that someone has noticed basically any graphics card without support for Shader Model 3.0 doesn't work properly.
  • edited November 2010
    ATI Radeon 9600 all i get is a messed settings menu and its all black and it crashes when i try to change a setting or start a poker game. plus the telltale games logo on start up is missing abit then it shows up and little bits of it is still there when it leaves.
  • edited November 2010
    Radeon HD4650

No problems really. Mouse lags a very tiny bit regardless of quality and the edges of The Heavy's shadow are pixelized, but idk if that's my video card's fault.
  • edited November 2010
    Radeon HD3200- The game runs slow, the mouse is also slow. But, other than that, no real problems.
  • edited November 2010
    Is that GeForce 8300 GS taken from my report in the other thread? Missing graphics is somewhat misleading, I think, as all that's missing is the outline around Tycho's nose when he's facing the camera, and even then only on level 1 (though the game runs slow on level 1 and impossibly slow on level 2, so yes, the nose is always missing on my machine).
  • edited November 2010
    NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M
    Laggy as hell.
    EDIT:After messing around with my laptop, I am getting better performance but still laggy.
  • edited November 2010
    Is that GeForce 8300 GS taken from my report in the other thread? Missing graphics is somewhat misleading, I think, as all that's missing is the outline around Tycho's nose when he's facing the camera, and even then only on level 1 (though the game runs slow on level 1 and impossibly slow on level 2, so yes, the nose is always missing on my machine).

That's just the graphics level. It has nothing to do with your video card.
  • sl9sl9
    edited November 2010
    nVidia GeForce GTS 250 with driver version 260.99 WHQL on Win7 x64 (the GTS250 is basically a slightly overclocked and rebranded 9800GTX+, so you may as well add that card too) - no problems.
  • edited November 2010
    The-J23 wrote: »
    That's just the graphics level. It has nothing to do with your video card.

I thought as much, but you can never be sure testing on just one machine. So that means that "missing graphics" isn't correct if it's referring to my problem with Tycho's nose.
  • edited November 2010
    I thought as much, but you can never be sure testing on just one machine. So that means that "missing graphics" isn't correct if it's referring to my problem with Tycho's nose.

yeah tychos nose is part of graphics level one. As for me I watched Billy and Mandy enough where no nose doesn't bother me:D
  • edited November 2010
    ATI mobility radeon HD 3470

Desktop at 1440x900

No problems. But choppy to begin with so killed the shadows, now runs smooth.

I think the Pixelshader support is one of the main issues.
  • edited November 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    yeah tychos nose is part of graphics level one. As for me I watched Billy and Mandy enough where no nose doesn't bother me:D

Yeah, but it's no nose on a character whose face is structured to facilitate a nose, plus the nose disappears and reappears depending on which way he's looking. It's very odd.
  • edited November 2010
    jscottyh wrote: »
    I think to narrow down the problem we should compile a list of Video Cards that everyone is using, working or not, to help TellTale narrow down where the problem lies.

Don't forget that for some of us, the lack of graphics is the *second* error to occur.
  • edited November 2010
    NVIDIA FX 5500

Black / Blank Background @ menu, but I can see most of the options. I can attempt to lower the graphics and shadows, but it doesn't seem to do anything. It crashes if I attempt to change the resolution.
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah, but it's no nose on a character whose face is structured to facilitate a nose, plus the nose disappears and reappears depending on which way he's looking. It's very odd.

It's not that his nose disappears, on certain angles, it's just an optical illusion. At level 1 Tycho's model lacks the dark outline that he has on the higher levels, and since his nose is the exact same color as his face, well, it completely blends in.

Anyways, my card is ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
    -Playable
    -Good framerate at windowed lower resolutions, no matter the graphic level
    -Mouse still lags at every setting though
    -Shadows inmediately slow it down
    -Effects don't cause a drop in framerate, but they do cause an annoying freeze for a few moments every time it changes characters (what does this setting do anyways?)
  • edited November 2010
    I just noticed something, I'm not sure if it'll give insight into the problem but it may. I have the black background and I'm unable to actually change my resolution, but...

The game claims it's using 1024 x 768 (full screen) ... but it's not. The mouse pointer reveals the edge of the playscreen to be an odd resolution. At first I thought maybe it was 960 x 600 (the next lowest), but no.

I think it's trying to run 1024 x 600. The height is clearly less than fullscreen 768, looks like 600, but the width covers all the way side-to-side, so it's 1024. So if we could just get an actual config file to edit, maybe I could tell it to use a real resolution instead of this crazy made-up broken resolution!! Please give more insight into this!!
  • edited November 2010
    That one would be the prefs file right? Would uploading mine be of any use to prove your theory?
  • edited November 2010
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    That one would be the prefs file right? Would uploading mine be of any use to prove your theory?

Erm, yes, that's the closest thing we have to a config file, but it's not the same. The prefs Poker Night has is just a garbled file we can't actually edit, while most pc games have a plain .txt config file that is easy to edit.

It probably wouldn't hurt to try uploading it for others, I suppose, but I can't have any higher resolution than
    1024 x 768 so your file would need to be set at least that low. Honestly, though, I don't expect it to work.
    There could be account-specific things in the file we don't know about, which could cause their own errors.
  • edited November 2010
    I wouldn't worry about the resolution, the settings are at pretty much the lowest they can be except for the graphic settings. As you say, it can't hurt to try, so here you go.

EDIT: You can also try what it says here (gotten from the patch thread)
    http://segmentnext.com/2010/11/23/poker-night-at-inventory-errors-crashes-freezes-and-fixes/
  • edited November 2010
    It's not that his nose disappears, on certain angles, it's just an optical illusion. At level 1 Tycho's model lacks the dark outline that he has on the higher levels, and since his nose is the exact same color as his face, well, it completely blends in.

Yeah, I know. At certain angles, his nose has no outline, but you can see that there's an odd shadow on his face where it should be. Also, his hands blend into his face when he brings them in front of it. He has an outline on the outside, he just has no outline where two parts of his body overlap, hence the disappearing nose effect.
  • edited November 2010
    Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (It's a mouth full) - Missing menu graphics, The outline on Tycho bleeds through objects on the "1" graphical setting,
  • edited November 2010
    _Duke_ wrote: »
    I just noticed something, I'm not sure if it'll give insight into the problem but it may. I have the black background and I'm unable to actually change my resolution, but...

The game claims it's using 1024 x 768 (full screen) ... but it's not. The mouse pointer reveals the edge of the playscreen to be an odd resolution. At first I thought maybe it was 960 x 600 (the next lowest), but no.

I think it's trying to run 1024 x 600. The height is clearly less than fullscreen 768, looks like 600, but the width covers all the way side-to-side, so it's 1024. So if we could just get an actual config file to edit, maybe I could tell it to use a real resolution instead of this crazy made-up broken resolution!! Please give more insight into this!!

The game like allot of games now a days is made in widescreen there is no full screen options to take up the screen
  • edited November 2010

EDIT: You can also try what it says here (gotten from the patch thread)
    http://segmentnext.com/2010/11/23/poker-night-at-inventory-errors-crashes-freezes-and-fixes/

that didn't help at all.:(
  • edited December 2010
    More info than requested, I know:
    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Intel GMA 4500M

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz

Total amount of system memory 3.00 GB RAM

System type 64-bit operating system

Display adapter driver version 8.15.10.1892
    Primary monitor resolution 1366x768
    DirectX version DirectX 10

I'm missing buttons for the settings, most importantly the arrows that let you change the graphical quality. The Game is too laggy to play without setting it to 1, which I do with other Telltale games.
  • edited December 2010
    Just want to update for ATI x800 cards. It lists blank screen as the only problem. However, I have the blank/black screen (no game graphics, minus the telltale splash logo and main menu categories), lines in those graphics, and the crashes as well.

So, ummmm, is there an update coming soon? Nearly 2 weeks and these lingering problems seem all but forgotten. :(
  • edited December 2010
    the game finally works for me now thanks to todays update :)
  • edited December 2010
    Nvidia 8800 GT: Complete crash after intro.
  • edited December 2010
    5200 can be updated to: playable but as laggy as Puzzle Agent.
    I'm fine with that as long as I get to play this game.
  • edited January 2011
    GTX 260 WHITE SCREEN (AFTER SPLASH SCREEN)

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: CelebrityPoker.exe
    Application Version: 2010.12.3.50720
    Application Timestamp: 4cf97084
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_b7b2
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16559
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ba9b21e
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: 000c2913
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: b7b2