My Laptop should be able to handle this.

My PC:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz
RAM:4.00GB (2.99 "Usable")
Graphics:ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series (256MB)
HardDrive: (enogh)
Sound: (enogh)

Recomended Settings
Processor: 3 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
Memory: 1GB RAM
Graphics: 256MB DirectX 8.1-compliant video card
DirectX®: Version 9.0c or better
Hard Drive: 100MB space free
Sound: DirectX 8.1 sound device

Now, when I play the game, it runs at a low frame rate, and lowering the settings to the lowest possible and 800x600 resolution only gets me what looks like, maybe 20 frames per seconds at best. Default settings get me what seems like 12, and max settings, about 6.

But looking at the requirements, I would think running this at a good frame rate, possibly even at full settings, should not be so much of an issue. Anyone else getting generally poor performance on a machine that meets recomendations?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Pretty much everyone.
  • sl9sl9
    edited November 2010
    Unfortunately the Radeon 3400 is a very low-end GPU (hey at least it's not an Intel GPU!), and coupled with a laptop means it will be the low power "mobile" version, so most modern games will only be playable on the very lowest settings at best. However, it is reasonable to assume that a simple poker game (putting aside the awesomeness of this one!) should run on pretty much any hardware that came out in the last 5 years or so, but this one apparently seems to have unusually high GPU requirements somewhat akin to Crysis... If you look in THIS very useful thread, it seems only the medium to high end GPU's from the last couple of years can run this game smoothly, which means most laptop users are SOL :(
    If your system meets the min requirements you should expect it to be playable on the lowest settings, so this needs to be fixed...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.