Poker Night voice extraction project

We need some help sorting out the extracted voice files from poker night. We have found the perfect program for it but the files themselves are named with random numbers. Here's the how to : http://theinventory.wikia.com/wiki/Project_Page:_Voice_Extraction_and_Classification

Comments

• edited December 2010
    You do have to know that:

1. The legality of this is pretty much debatable;
    2. The Telltale Speech Extractor has annotations, which pretty much simplifies this drastically.
  • edited December 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    The legality of this is pretty much debatable
    Actually, it's not debatable at all: it's not legal.

Now, whether that matters or not is up to Telltale. They can do one of three things:
    1. Explicitly grant permission, making it legal.
    2. Turn a blind eye to it, saying nothing. In this case, it's not legal, but it doesn't really matter.
    3. Give you a cease & desist.

I wouldn't expect #1, though it's not impossible. Whether they go with #2 or #3 most likely depends on if they think it'll have a negative impact on sales.

I'm in pretty much the same position with a website of my own (Learning Languages Through Video Games), but in my case I think it's unlikely I'll receive any cease & desist notices since I'll be dealing with primarily text and also the video games will tend to be old ones with little current commercial value.
  • edited December 2010
    Valve generally steers towards #2 when people use TF2 voices for stuff. Heck, some videos that come as a result are linked from the TF blog.
  • edited December 2010
    Psst...you might not have noticed but...TellTale isn't Valve.

Just throwin' it out there.
  • edited December 2010
    DanTycoon wrote: »
    Psst...you might not have noticed but...TellTale isn't Valve.

Just throwin' it out there.

Yeah telltale is nicer.
  • edited December 2010
    furrykef wrote: »
    Actually, it's not debatable at all: it's not legal.

That's pretty much what I meant though.
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Yeah telltale is nicer.

Though also stricter.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.