Poker Night Update Available to everyone! Cleaned up, more compatible, 2 new tables!

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
Poker Night Update!

The updated version of Poker Night at the Inventory has finally been made available to all customers, be it Telltale customers or Steam customers.

Telltale customers: Get the update from your Games Page.
(Note: If you downloaded the game from Telltale this past weekend, you probably already have the update.)

Steam customers: just restart Steam, and the update should start downloading.

What's new in the update?
Poker Night update, changes list:

Poker & Gameplay Fixes

* At the end of a hand, winners of the main pot and any side pots all announced individually. (Previously, only the winner of the biggest pot was announced.)

* Each round, the minimum raise starts at the big blind until someone raises, after which the minimum raise is the amount of that last raise.

* In heads up (one on one) play, the dealer is now the small blind and first to act pre-flop.

* If a someone folds and is part of a side pot, and after the fold only one person remains in the sidepot, the sidepot gets cleared and paid out to that one remaining person.

* The tutorial now automatically comes up once, the first time the game is played. It is still also available on-demand from the Poker Help screen.

* Players who have a straight flush, four of a kind, full house, flush or straight will now get the appropriate hand achievement even if everyone else folds to them in that hand.

* Fixed issue causing character tells to almost never play.

* Fixed issue causing only one of the player's hole cards to display when skipping dialog.

* Improved readability/consistency on the unlockable Strong Bad card deck.

* Max properly leaves the table after his "I'll be in the bar" bust out line.

----

Compatibility Fixes

* Anti-aliasing quality control added to Graphics Settings screen.

* Improved compatibility with Shader Model 2.0 graphics cards.

* Fixed cases of invisible and garbled text on the title screen and settings screen on some systems.

* Some lower end video cards which formerly just drew a black screen should now display the game. :)

----

Content

* Two new poker tables available on the Unlocks screen: “Poker Night,” and “Inventory Security”

Thanks and enjoy!

Comments

• edited December 2010
    You guys rock for doing this!
  • edited December 2010
    It's on sale just 2 weeks after launch? I didn't expect my purchase to lose value so quickly...
  • edited December 2010
    It's on sale just 2 weeks after launch? I didn't expect my purchase to lose value so quickly...

Its for the new steam contest where you do a bunch of stuff on different games to try and win stuff, all games in the contest are on sale.
  • edited December 2010

What loss of value? It's worth as much as you pay for it and as much entertainment as you get out of it. It's not like you can resell it to someone else on a practical level.
  • edited December 2010
    So were the tables an apology, or a hint for DLC?
  • edited December 2010
    So, how do I get this update? Do I have to uninstall & reinstall, & if so, will I lose any of my current game data? I'd hate to have to start over from scratch (again).
  • edited December 2010
    Ishtarru wrote: »
    So, how do I get this update? Do I have to uninstall & reinstall, & if so, will I lose any of my current game data? I'd hate to have to start over from scratch (again).

Depends. Steam should update on its own.
    Telltale just instal it again and the rest should happen on its own.
  • edited December 2010
    Are the new tables already unlocked or do you need to unlock them?
  • edited December 2010
    Ishtarru wrote: »

No, but I'd still recommend backing up your save just in case the game glitches and erases your data as it's happened to me twice now >_>
  • edited December 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Its for the new steam contest where you do a bunch of stuff on different games to try and win stuff, all games in the contest are on sale.

Specifically, you need to win the Heavy's Iron Curtain.

But it's not just a contest, it's also a way to win TF2 hats! Granted, you need at least 5 objectives for the first one, 15 for the second, and EVERY objective (24) for the third... and you have two days to finish each set of 4 objectives.

Granted, I think there'll be at least one easy one each day, such as "Make an avatar." or "Join the Official Portal 2 Steam Group" or "own Alien Swarm" stuff like that.
  • edited December 2010
    Awesome, thanks Telltale! :)
  • edited December 2010
    I love Telltale.
  • edited December 2010
    I downloaded and the intro plays fine but when the actual game starts it crashes and the game shuts off and comes up with an error message. At least some of my problems are fixed, but I want to be able to play it...:(
  • edited December 2010
    I downloaded and the intro plays fine but when the actual game starts it crashes and the game shuts off and comes up with an error message. At least some of my problems are fixed, but I want to be able to play it...:(

Exactly the same happened to me D8
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    So were the tables an apology, or a hint for DLC?

"An apology?" No. But the team is of the mind that patches are always better/more worthwhile when they have a piece of content and not just a bunch of fixes.
    Wizpig wrote: »
    Are the new tables already unlocked or do you need to unlock them?

They're pre-unlocked. It was too screwey to try and sneak them into the unlocks system.
  • edited December 2010
    They are? I only have the regular one =/

Oh well, I'll try deleting the save file, I already lost all my data twice anyways and it's not like I had unlocked anything else since then >__>
  • edited December 2010
    I just wanted to mention that I can't seem to run Poker Night anymore on my Netbook and I could before the update. Running it windowed on an HP Mini311 with 3 GB of RAM. Nvidia Ion Graphics chip.

Things went fine previously though I seem to just get a black screen now after the Telltale logo screen.
  • edited December 2010
    Oh they're at the bottom, that'd explain it >.>
  • edited December 2010

Yeah, same here. This needs to be fixed. I am dissappoint. :mad:
  • edited December 2010
    Thank you Telltale team for the recent patch. I've eagerly been waiting to play and have thoroughly enjoyed it now that I finally can. However, there are still some minor errors that should be addressed.

poker1z.jpg

Via the Poker help menu, graphic issues still seem to plague the game.

poker2.jpg

The same problem is visible when hands are shown.

These fixes would definitely be great to have, especially given the already beautiful nature of the game, and it would only make it that much more pleasing. Again, thanks for all the effort, hard work, and nuisances you've been through since Thanksgiving.

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas too!
  • edited December 2010
    Yea I still have issues on the widescreen
    wants to stretch..
    put it in windowed mode it runs slow, but works..
    still no widescreen support in the patch?
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks for your efforts! I'll check it out when I get home :D
  • edited December 2010
    Works fine on my pc!
    Thank you guys! You're the best! :D
  • edited December 2010
    The title bar for the setup file says "Poker Night Poker Night at the Inventory Setup"

and the mouse still lags for me no matter what the graphic setting is, yet I have a Radeon HD 4650
  • edited December 2010
    I don't have a black screen any more but now it crashes just as it's about the deal the cards. It's really smooth and looks good in in the menu and introduction.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz
    3GB RAM
    Intel Q35 Express Chipset

Before it was a black screen, glitchy menu and it crashed when I tried to change the graphical setting and when I pressed Play Game.

Almost there!
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks for the fix! I don't have a black screen anymore. (The game runs a little slow, but I'm pretty sure that's just a problem with my four-year-old computer, and I can deal with it.)

You rock, Telltale! :)
  • edited December 2010
    I downloaded the game, and the intro plays fine, but right after they tell you how to play, the game freezes, an error message pops up, and the game shuts down.
  • edited December 2010
    My game still doesn't work. I can't get past the logo at all. I'm playing on the Steam version, so I'm sure it has updated. I have also tried reinstalling the game a few times.
  • edited December 2010
    I just wanted to add that I was apparently mistaken about this game not working. I loaded it again (like the 4th or 5th time) and this time I just left it and went off to do something else while it loaded. it did eventually come up though I don't know how long it took. I'm not sure if this was just some sort of deal with changes in the the update.
  • edited December 2010
    Is 1920 X 1200 resloution supposed to be supported?

Whenever I click it, the option disappears and defaults me to 1920 X 1080... ?
  • edited December 2010
    OH HELL NO.

ALL OF MY UNLOCKS... GONE!

Sadness...
  • edited December 2010
    OH HELL NO.

Sadness...

You do know that while redownloading the game you are supposed to check the box that said keep all save files.
  • edited December 2010
    You do know that while redownloading the game you are supposed to check the box that said keep all save files.

I did that.
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    OH HELL NO.

Sadness...
    Can you please clarify as to what exactly happened? You unlocked things on steam then installed the patch and now they are no longer unlocked?
  • edited December 2010
    HoboStew wrote: »
    Can you please clarify as to what exactly happened? You unlocked things on steam then installed the patch and now they are no longer unlocked?

No, I have the Telltale version, I installed the new version after unlocking all tables, decks and TF2 items, I ticked "Please keep all my saved games and user preferences" and it decided "stuff it, I'll delete the saved games and user preferences anyway" and now, yeah.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, same here. Decided to go to the unlocks screen since I had a regular table now. The Max Imp and 3rd table I unlocked displayed for a split second amongst the list before turning to ???'s and becoming unselectable. :(

Stats are cleaned too, but they really sucked anyways...
  • edited December 2010
    BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS! BUGS!

Steam version:

A - Finally (after 8 hours of play) got a FLUSH. I beat Strong Bad as part of the Main Pot, and he won a Side Pot against someone else (I forget who). I won the hand, but I did NOT receive my Steam achievement!

B - The Strong Bad card deck is still unreadable.

C - One you're in "one-on-one" mode, and the camera has moved around the table so you're opposite your opponent, if you press ESC to reach the menu and go back, the camera has reset to the original position. Now your opponent talks to where the camera USED to be.
  • edited December 2010
    You guy should make an update for optional new characters. Like make a bunch of new dialogue and interactions between old and new characters depending on who you want in the game. Like, new characters would be sam, scout or another class, gave, and homestar. unlocks would be sams hat and gun, some item from another class, something from Gabe, and homestars hat. :D
  • edited December 2010
    Paid DLC I assume (This would be one of the few games where that could work and not feel like you're being ripped off, unless they charge $5,- per char or something).

New chars is something else than new table's...
  • edited December 2010
    So where are the 2 tables I dont see them anywhere?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.