Why does this happen?

Happens quite a bit. Calls or all-ins on crappy crap ass hands?
I happen to have lost this hand, but Ive had great hands where Ive gone all in and been called with an absolute terrible hand! This has happened post flop and turn even! I guess this is them trying to call a bluff?:confused:

this was me going all in $6800 pre-flop, he called with that hand:rolleyes:
14cg041.jpg

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Telltale Texas Hold'em did this kinda crap too. :/
  • edited December 2010
    Tycho could afford it.He had way more money than the others and if it would have been a bluff you would be out.
  • edited December 2010
    Andorxor wrote: »
    and if it would have been a bluff you would be out.
    Um, calling an all-in pre-flop with 73 is never a good idea. It cannot even beat a bluff.
  • edited December 2010
    Tycho does this. He overbets a LOT.
  • edited December 2010
    I think Tycho is the easiest to beat one on one. He doesn't immediately fold when he gets his cards when all 5 are at the table. Once he's in the game he'll usually stay unless he loses faith in his cards by someone placing a large bet. If you play the minimal bet a couple of times he'll eventually go all in, maybe in an attempt to scare you.
  • edited December 2010
    I think the hardest to beat one-on-one is the Heavy.
  • edited December 2010
    crfh wrote: »
    Tycho does this. He overbets a LOT.
    The problem is he called an all-in with 73, not that he was betting with it. And he was doing it before the flop, so he didn't have anything even resembling a hand. So what he was doing was nothing short of a disaster, except he happened to luck out.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.