Compatibility

edited December 2010 in Tales of Monkey Island
Im thinking about buying a new laptop and im just wondering if anyone knows if there are any problems getting TOMI, SOMI:SE and LR:SE to run on windows 7 64 bit.

thanks,

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I haven't had any trouble. At least, not getting the games installed and running ... haven't played any of them all the way through in Win7/64. But I see no reason to expect problems.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks Admonisher I guess they shoul run fine then.
  • edited December 2010
    They all run perfectly.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks, Highway I guess it should all be good then, if two people have said its fine they must be compatible.
  • edited December 2010
    Will a 3'rd guarantee it? I have 64bit windows 7 and all 3 games run smoothly. :p

And all games are made with all those specs in mind now a days, I think you have to be really lucky (or unlucky in this case) if you find a newer game that can't run on newer laptops/PC's with 64bit Windows 7. :)
  • edited December 2010
    thanks, im certain it will work now

thanks again
  • edited December 2010
    if you have one of the expensive os with xp mode then again, it should work as i have played it on xp 32. i have also played it on vista 64.

7 is a cross-breed of these 2 operating systems so i don't see why not
  • edited December 2010
    7 is basically Vista SP3, with a new Taskbar, and a few annoyance-tweaks here and there, not really a cross breed between Vista and XP, just a better tuned Vista.

That said, I've had no issues playing any of these games on neither Vista64 nor 7-64, the only real place I've had issues at all, were trying to get SBCG4AP to run under Wine on a mac, but that hardly counts.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.