Is the D2D version of MI2SE patched?

Hey all. I still haven't bought Monkey Island 2: Special Edition, since I don't use Steam, and I've never used Direct2Drive before, so I've been a little unsure. But since it doesn't look like the Telltale store is gonna release it, I guess I'll have to take a chance with D2D.

But I'm wondering, does the D2D version have the patch that LucasArts released to fix some bugs and stuff in the game?

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I think someone said it wasn't a few months back. But the D2D page does have a v1.1 on it now, so that might be it. Don't take my word for it though.

I also want to make sure the PSN version is patched, and that the bone song is fixed, but nobody seems to be talking about that.

EDIT: Oh, also. TT store didn't put SMI on their store until April 2010, that's nine months after it came out on Steam. I'd give it another few months for Telltale. If it doesn't show up by April 2011, I think THEN we can assume it'll never be on the store.
  • edited December 2010
    The PSN version of the game was patched, that patch came out just a couple of weeks after the PC (Steam) patch. The Xbox 360 version was also patched soon after.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks! But bone song and all?
    Do you know if the UK version got the same patch?
  • edited December 2010
    Direct2Drive is not patched. Or at least, the Bone Song isn't.

Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=835iBXEdZbE

Just download Steam, yes, it's a pain in the arse, but you can just ignore it outside of MI2SE.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks! But bone song and all?
    Do you know if the UK version got the same patch?

All (well nearly all) PSN and Xbox Live games don't have regions, so yes, when the patch is reported, All regions the game is available in get the patch.

As for the Bone Song, I believe it was fixed, it shared the same patch notes as the PC versions, the timing puzzles have been fixed for certain because I gave the game a spin again after the patch by going through the last level.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.